Author Topic: The Fall of Guardia  (Read 13850 times)

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
Re: The Fall of Guardia
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2007, 12:05:50 am »
It's obvious someone whether it was Crono, Dalton, Magus, or someone else took over Porre and then the whole Zenan Continent. Whoever he was, he certainly wasn't the peace-loving mayor and he most likely was from outside 1000 A.D.

Agreed. But I fail to see what the berets and woman have in this situation.

Mr. Molecule

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2007, 09:26:07 am »
Just a quick question and a theory that hinges on a certain answer to that question:

Do we know that Guardia used the Masamune in its defence? The ending FMV (and here I'm relying on YouTube, never having played PSX Trigger) seems a bit hazy on the subject. We see the "last defender" fall, but since it's just a shadow, it seems impossible to definitively ascertain the sword's identity. Thus, is it possible that Porre somehow--possibly with help from outside the flow of time--captured the Masamune and used it against Guardia? This would go a long way to explain the fall of Guardia, since the people tend to put a lot of stock in heroes and legends and things, as well as due to the power of the sword itself. Also, the slaughter of Guardian citizens--the same people it'd protected 400 years ago--would be an excellent reason for the Masamune to become corrupted & corrupting.

The last line of the FMV says that the Masamune disapeared in 1005, but doesn't necessarily state that it was in Guardia up until then.

Edit: I was reading in the 'Final wielder of the masamune" topic and found that Kyronea already proposed that the Masamune was used in Guardia's defeat. Still, that doesn't explain why it hasn't been put forth as a major reason FOR Guardia's defeat.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 09:45:48 am by Mr. Molecule »

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2007, 03:33:02 pm »
Having the Masamune doesn't guarantee victory. Cyrus had it, and Magus killed him.

Mr. Molecule

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2007, 05:53:32 pm »
Well, certainly. (Although I'm confused: Cyrus obtained the Masamune, but was it whole when he got it, and was broken later due to Magus? Do we know for certain?) But nothing we have, or can, post is definitive. The greatest value of the Masamune is probably as a psychological weapon: if Porre has the same weapon that was instrumental in Guardia's victory in (presumably) the last major war they fought. The fact that it's a monstrously powerful weapon (I'm speaking more to it's myth than to game mechanics, here) is just icing on the cake.

The bitter, bitter icing of death, that is.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2007, 08:18:53 am »
The greatest value of the Masamune is probably as a psychological weapon: if Porre has the same weapon that was instrumental in Guardia's victory in (presumably) the last major war they fought. The fact that it's a monstrously powerful weapon (I'm speaking more to it's myth than to game mechanics, here) is just icing on the cake.

The bitter, bitter icing of death, that is.

You're half right... The Masamune is both a weapon that'll cuts & absorbs magic & a great moral booster.  The fact that is a powerful weapon,  the Masamune itself chooses its master like it did to Cyrus & Frog.  Unless the Masamune itself turns evil it will choose its whoever has a deepest & darkest desires like the leader of Porre(well maybe.)

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2007, 11:00:25 pm »
Well, someone said that Lucca was afraid that someone would take revenge on her and her friends but...What makes them be Crono? They could easily be the kids she's raising. They don't have to have been involved in the events to have revenge taken on them as well for good measure. Then again, Kato also said incident, which does not necessarily mean death, but could mean exile, entrapment, and so on.

About how Crono and Co. could be defeated...There are many alternatives. Biological warfare would bring them down no matter how strong they are. Sure, they could survive bullets, but what if thousands of armed men attacked at once? Not to mention that they could also have secret, advanced weaponry like Grobyc.

ggy128

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2008, 09:03:07 pm »
* I put the same post in another Subject so if you already read this post I apologize.*
first sorry for my grammatical problems because English is not my native language.
I want to say a theory want happend with Guardia after his fall
 I believe that Guardia kingdom was rebuilt because when you died against lavos ( see that ending in chrono trigger) the operator and supervisor are too similar with Guardia guards. Now theoretical if some one rebuilt Guardia kingdom the problem is where because porre dominate zenan but all of us remember the whirlpool it a possibility that many people escape from the attack of porre and it seems that medina had good relationship with Guardia because truce had planed built a ferry. so medina people help truce people offering a safe land but soon the  people  truce people began to rebuild Guardia kingdom and the place of the new kindom would be near of melchor house, now in the video you can see a great building in Ex melchor house and this building  itīs not like a comun dome like truce so there is a chance  that dome could be the new guardia castle, beside in chrono cross are plenty reference (not direct reference ) of Guardia Kingdom , but in the end is just a theory

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Memento, quia pulvis es et in pulverem reverteris