Author Topic: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)  (Read 55355 times)

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)
« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2009, 02:35:15 pm »
It's repetitive when you can't get through this one mission. Because your equipment sucks. Either the controller dies before I can save or the Gyube (as we affectionately call our Gamecube) gets an error.

Ugh.

I'm also playing Edit the Novel. It's slow work and I'm finding many an error. Enough to make me think, "Did I actually write this?" I cut the scene where Seren is writing weaknesses as it couldn't work too well, and I'm finding that Alex is a bit too much of a Stu for my tastes. He's brilliant and smart and has a million and a half powers, but with a tragic past.

Must tweak.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 02:36:59 pm by teaflower »

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2009, 03:37:40 pm »
Well I just finished Persona 4 with out spoiling it, I can say I was a little disappointed with the ending. The again the whole game was so interesting and going at such a great pace it would be hard to wrap it up. Next game up, Homeworld 2 and continue FFTA2.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 15, 2009, 04:04:30 pm »
I'm still working on FFTA2... I have been since November.  I only get to play on my lunch breaks, really...  Or when I'm dropping a 2 bomb.

I finished the Half-Life series last Wednesday, so I think I'm going to go back and FINISH Final Fantasy X... I was working on that before I got sidetracked with the Half Life series...

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 17, 2009, 10:22:54 am »
I'm loving Overlord on the PS3. The controls work well. The premise is great, and its actually quite funny.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 17, 2009, 11:31:21 am »
I finally got a Game Craze in my town(which I will most likely be getting a job at)and so I'm playing old favorites or oldies I never got to try.

Killer Instinct is a really fun fighter game that I'm still trying to get the hang of(must say, Thunder is extremely cheap. His combos allow you to win with incredible ease no matter the difficulty).

Rocket knight Adventures I had always heard great things about so i decided to try that out. It's amazing, one of the greatest and most fun games I've ever played! Perfect difficulty level, and I love blasting off with the rocket to take down multiple opponents at once!  :mrgreen:

Legacy Of Kain Soul Reaver seems okay. Kinda disappointed, but then again, I'm not that far in it yet. From what I've read, it picks up once I get some item called the Soul Reaver.

Croc 2 is an oldie I grew to love. Yeah, it has a great number of flaws, but it's still a good enjoyable game for the most part (along with a large number of old platformers that should totally be brought back).

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #185 on: February 17, 2009, 03:56:54 pm »
Killer Instinct is a really fun fighter game that I'm still trying to get the hang of(must say, Thunder is extremely cheap. His combos allow you to win with incredible ease no matter the difficulty).

My bro was insanely good with Jade. I liked Saberwolf, myself. I have the soundtrack still! lol

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 17, 2009, 04:19:12 pm »
I prefer Sabrewolf and Glacius as my favorites to play as. My best though is Jago, he's crazy with his Ryu moves!

idioticidioms

« Reply #187 on: February 17, 2009, 07:39:17 pm »
have you figured out any of the 50+ move combos, yet?

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 18, 2009, 12:36:42 am »
Yeah, took me some practice though. I thought the limit would be like 20 or something. But, sure enough, Thunder has endless combos that go on and on and on and on and on and on and on... I find him incredibly cheap :D.

idioticidioms

« Reply #189 on: February 18, 2009, 12:45:21 am »
Jago's is pretty badass if you can pull it off. My uncle used to use it on me all the time when I was a kid.

"hold still, I want to try something out"
"what?"
"you'll see"
50 HIT COMBO!!!
"...you suck"

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 18, 2009, 10:23:49 am »
Well I got Street Fighter IV yesterday, and it certainly lives up to the hype. The game has a lot of tweaks and nuances that I've yet to learn. Like most SF games, it's very easy to pick up and play, but pretty difficult to master. I'm looking forward to putting in a lot of hours to try and improve my game.

I highly suggest this to any fighting game fans.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 19, 2009, 02:47:42 am »
I am in the midst of installing the Shin Megami Tensei Online MMO right now. I have know Idea if its any good there aren't any reviews out at all.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #192 on: February 19, 2009, 01:35:21 pm »
I am in the midst of installing the Shin Megami Tensei Online MMO right now. I have know Idea if its any good there aren't any reviews out at all.

Isn't that still in beta?

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #193 on: February 19, 2009, 04:15:15 pm »
It's open beta, yeah.

I'm enjoying that MMO so far, but it's difficult as all hell; take some time to train/recruit some decent demons before you start exploring too far. Also try to get into a guild or have a friend with you when heading to other areas, enemies are crapshoots and you get slaughtered quickly. Good thing is you can revive on the spot (usually without penalties I think), and you're given a lot of healing items off the bat.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 21, 2009, 08:33:54 pm »
NCAA Hoops 2k8

So I started playing again the other day in an effort to relax.  Took Sacramento State back to the Big Dance and bombed in the first round.  So I left and got hired at Greighton.  Yaaay for better coaching job!  I have a much better team now, and while it took a minute to get over the program I built in Sacramento, my staff and I were ready for bigger and better things.