Author Topic: The past is dead. It was all just a dream...  (Read 198 times)

Crazy Jane

• Iokan (+1)
  • 64 Trains of Thought, all running at once
    • View Profile
The past is dead. It was all just a dream...
« on: April 01, 2024, 02:26:27 pm »
Howdy, folks. Name's Crazy Jane (She/Her). My hobbies include doing art and doing nothing, with an obvious trend towards the latter, and I enjoy vintage machinery, friendly cats and long walks off short piers. I dabble in several artistic mediums but don't really produce anything consistently enough to call myself a proper artist, and I've been messing around with RPG Maker recently. If I make anything good, I might post it here!

I played Chrono Trigger back in my teens a couple decades back, which inspired me to check out an old demo for a never-finished fangame called Chrono Crisis that, in a roundabout way, led me here because a couple users from the Compendium posted on that fangame's forum.

Fast forward several years later and, while looking over the ruins of that old fangame forum, I remembered the Compendium and decided to see if it was still in commission. Lo and behold, here you are and here you remain!

While I know I have an old account on here, I forgot the username, password and email and have long since moved to another state so not even my IP address would match, leaving me with nothing to make a compelling enough argument for reclaiming it. Probably for the best, I've never really had much of a presence here, if any, and I've changed a lot since back then anyway.

That all said, it's nice to see you're all still at it. Even Kajar Labs seems to have made a recovery in the wake of Crimson Echoes' Cease and Desist. Since I do have plans to do some CT-adjacent stuff with RPG Maker (not so much fangames as proof-of-concepts to experiment with the engine's Event System), would it be okay to post that in there or is that forum solely for Rom Hacking?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: The past is dead. It was all just a dream...
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 10:43:29 am »
Welcome tot he party, or rather, welcome back!

Sorry you had to lose your old user name, though. Sometimes it's fun to revisit places of the past after a long time. I know that this place is one of those bastions of old that still stands after decades.

As for hacking and RPGMaker, it does help to have it fall somewhere in Kajar Labs, just for ease of tracking. Especially if you're looking to collaborate with others. Otherwise I fear your efforts may get buried somewhere.

Anyway, welcome back again -- reach out if you need anything.