Author Topic: Worst thing a kid could say when seeing CT DS at the store.  (Read 5673 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Worst thing a kid could say when seeing CT DS at the store.
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2008, 02:10:38 pm »
(Kid sees game picks it up)

KID:  Daddy
( someone high up in square enix commes over)
DAD:  Yes son
KID:  I thought I told you, spend more time making final fantasys I LOVE final fantasys

--JP

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2008, 02:41:27 pm »
"Eh, I don't know. It looks too similar to Dragonball Z..."

"Who's the doctor looking guy, and why's his shorts so short?"
(when my older brother first looked at Lucca's artwork, he thought she was a man)

"Wait, why does Link look so different?"

On the other hand, positive things reactions you wouldn't ever want to have in public...
 "HOLY SHIT! CHRONO TRIGGER!<begins crying down on his knees face in the floor>

"<screamed at the top of your lungs where you might make people's ears bleed>CHRONO TRIGGER!"

"<Nintendo 64 kid's reaction>" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2008, 03:49:42 pm »
UK:
"Chrono Trigger?! I thought it was just an urban myth!"

Spain:
"Es la Chrono Trigger?! Aye yai yai!"

France:
"Pfft."

Atlantis:
"Quick! Have Aquaman purchase that game for us!"

EclipsedExistence

• Earthbound (+15)
  • "Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is be
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2008, 10:08:59 pm »
Worst thing would be some 10 year old kid who thinks he knows everything saying to someone else "You don't want that game, I already tried it. Its like zelda, but like a gazillion times worse. Try this game. Call of Duty 4."

Me: *eye twitch*
Gamestop employee: Oh yeah, it is one of those chinese knock-offs of Phantom Hourglass
Me: *permanent eye twitch, jaw slightly agape for all eternity*

Also, is it just the Gamestop I go to, or are Gamestop employees all over total liars. Because not a single one has ever known anything about a game unless it was an FPS. And they act like they know about other games, even ones they didn't know they had.
Yes, I made the mistake of trusting them on the Lunar game for the DS. I found out the hard way it wasn't a remake of the original.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2008, 11:06:45 pm »
Worst thing would be some 10 year old kid who thinks he knows everything saying to someone else "You don't want that game, I already tried it. Its like zelda, but like a gazillion times worse. Try this game. Call of Duty 4."

Me: *eye twitch*
Gamestop employee: Oh yeah, it is one of those chinese knock-offs of Phantom Hourglass
Me: *permanent eye twitch, jaw slightly agape for all eternity*

Also, is it just the Gamestop I go to, or are Gamestop employees all over total liars. Because not a single one has ever known anything about a game unless it was an FPS. And they act like they know about other games, even ones they didn't know they had.
Yes, I made the mistake of trusting them on the Lunar game for the DS. I found out the hard way it wasn't a remake of the original.
I tried that game out, and did not like it.
And trust me, there are good Gamestop employees. Namely the ones who used to work at Eb Games stores before those places got bought out. The places that were always Gamestop I've found them to not be that good.
Which reminds me of something terrible I heard them say bout Cross that I can apply to Trigger.
"Woah! Dude(talking to this kid holding game), trust me I am saving you from a disaster! Get that only if you want Final Fantasy but made by a chick tripping on god knows what. What you'd rather try out is..."
I didn't hear all of it, but he was recommending some pretty bad games like Anubis 2 for the Wii, some of those old 360 Burger King games, Spiderman for gameboy, and there was two others I didn't quite catch...

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2008, 02:21:07 am »
I don't know why but this reminds me of my Chrono cross experience.  It all started when we got our first copy of it.  It kept on freezing on disk two when we would go to certain places.  Then we tried having it cleaned at Best buy.  It didn't work.  We got a new copy from Game Stop.  It didn't have the problem anymore, but it had a different one.  Whenever you would go into a battle it would freeze.  At that point we just decided to get a copy off Ebay along with Final fantasy Chronicles.  We have this copy to date.  So it wasn't a case of an annoying person, it was an annoying game.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2008, 03:57:01 am »
Well, Gamestop employees have had so many dicks in their mouths their brain has shaken about, thus giving them the delusion they're gaming experts.

I once asked a man at Gamestop if he had the new Xenosaga. he responed, "Eh. Fina; Fantasy is way better." and then asked him which one, and his genius rebuttle was,

"There's more than one?"

Kilfer

• Guardian (+100)
  • Myndflame.com (or) myspace.com/sterence
    • View Profile
    • My teams movie site. Myndflame movies are ours
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2008, 05:47:24 am »
i'm ignoring my color code cause i'm on a ps3 without a keyboard BUT ANYWAYS, yeah i've never been impressed by gamestop employees. it really bugs me because they COULD really develop a strong bridge between gamers and the general public yet, as pointed out earlier, they only hire asshats whom honestly know very little real information about games.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2008, 11:45:13 pm »
Well, I have had better things with Gamestop than Game crazy.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2008, 01:54:49 am »
You guys go to shitty gamestops.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2008, 09:33:32 am »
So I live in a good part of Birmingham, AL.  Pretty much all the employees at Gamestop are rude and are generally only moderately (if at all) polite and helpful. 

However, if you go down the road into the rougher part of town (borderline ghetto), the Gamestop employees there are bangarang.  Seriously.  They wear white button ups and nice pants and are actually EAGER to help you.  They act like they want you there and are will informed, they know all the Gamestop policies (they could tell me how much I would get for a Gamecube trade-in without looking).

And they are two of the "thuggish" types who live in the ghetto.

Most likely, anyway.

My wife and I tried to contact corporate to tell someone that the two employees there were awesome.

Kilfer

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2008, 08:33:57 pm »
Seriously I wish they'd just put me in a store cause I'd have a freakin' fire and hire spree. They're very hit or miss, but usually, miss miss miss miss hit, miss miss hit miss miss.

**Kid walks in**
Kid: Chrono Trigger? . . .
Kid looks at cover strangely, then returns it to the shelf
Kid: Where's High School Musical 3: The videogame?

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2008, 11:53:59 pm »

**Kid walks in**
Kid: Chrono Trigger? . . .
Kid looks at cover strangely, then returns it to the shelf
Kid: Where's High School Musical 3: The videogame?

Okay, that didn't post my response only the quote
and that is the kid that REALLY needs to get hit. Movie video games are often bad enough as it is, but HSM3? That would be where I draw the line.

Kilfer

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2008, 03:18:45 am »
Well they cracked out games for the previous titles, I'm sure it's only natural they'll milk the third one for all it's worth. My big hope is that it bombs so bad at the movies, it hurts them so bad they fear making any further HSM's.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2008, 12:26:06 pm »
Well, they graduate in this so if they dare make any others it would have to be College Musical. I doubt College Musical would be as appropriate for the kids.