Author Topic: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 11  (Read 9651 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 11
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 04:16:11 am »
Yea I always thought of it as pressing rewind to the last gate exit, and restarting from there but on the new timeline.

--JP

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 04:24:06 am »
Thanks! ^_^ Looks like I need to reread that article...

Lenophis

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 06:01:09 am »
I don't think marle's strength stat ever gets high enough to give her a weapon with enough firepower to fight enemies with physical strength alone.

--JP
Her strength is irrelevant. It's the hit stat that increases her damage output. ;)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 06:31:51 am »
Holy cow, I just realized that when you put annotations in the special "Annotations" page (as opposed to directly on the video page) you have to click Publish for them to actually in the video... Aha, if you've already seen today's 3 vids you might want to watch them again to learn some tidbits about the "covenant ark" of the Chrono world, the original plot outline that didn't have the Reptite chapters, the Cold War of the 2100s and whatnot.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2009, 06:36:03 am »
One of the last things I remember noting in my beta test thread was how none of the girls' weapons seemed to alter their Hit at all...but apparently they're all holdovers from CT...so maybe that was only changed for CTDS? Weird...someone should make a bugfix...would probably make Marle and Lucca more useful. :lol:

Sucked when I played through Marle's portion the new item descriptions hadn't been implemented yet so I didn't know there WAS a weapon that dealt out the Stop status so I just had to suffer through a lot of battles...

I think Marle or Frog should have been given Hexagon Mist and dump the level 1 and 2 Magics earlier in their Tech set lists...I remember doing some grinding to give Marle Haste to help a little...CE definitely did not make me like Marle any more than I already did...I could not have wanted to play solo as a character less...>_>

Mbrady16

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2009, 10:17:40 am »
The one thing that could have made that chapter even better would be a much more detailed and large Antaeus sprite.  It would have made the "epic transformation due to contact with Flame" bit more dramatic.  Unfortunately, I know that takes a lot of skill in spriting and time.

A boss battle like Giga Gaia comes to mind.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2009, 10:37:52 am »
Yeah, in the original outline he seemed as badass as Cedric even before the transformation, and wielded a scythe called the RivenCrimse. It would have been great if this big humanoid form were his first, natural form and if something else was his tranformed state. Not something as large as Giga Gaia though, as he's still supposed to be human. But yeah, spriting takes time and inserting the data into the game takes even more time.

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2009, 11:04:05 am »
The entire battle against Antaeus should be fun if Cedric can be a temporary playable character like Beatrix of FF9 and Banon of FF6. Just replace Glenn's spriteset with Cedric's spriteset if you three too lazy :P

Also my research say Antaeus was a giant of Libya in Greek and Berber myth.He was extremely strong as long as he remained in contact with the ground (his mother earth), but once lifted into the air he became as weak as water.
So do yo try to make the Antaeus ingame has the same trait as in the myth but in different way? It might be interesting. I just say this because the boss lack some strategy  :|
Enough of that though, it is too late, plus with what you said about how spriting take time.

Despite of all that, you still maintained a good job in making a consistent dialogue and smooth storytelling with enough accuracy based on Compendium analysis of the series.
Prop for that.  8)

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2009, 11:54:12 am »
Zeality said the name Antaeus "popped right into his mind" so I don't know if there was a conscious or subconscious reference to the Antaeus of Lybia, who was defeated by Herakles (Hercules). Either way, when I first read his story outline I immediately thought about all these powerful images from mythology... Antaeus vs Herakles, David vs Goliath, the Covenant Ark, foundation myths, violent battles from the Old Testament and Norse legends, the wild, untamed landscapes and forests of Europe before any active urbanization had taken place... It's been a long time, but I'm pretty sure it was after reading that part that I began to really think about joining the project.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2009, 12:31:15 pm »
Year 1 was a good choice for all that action. I always thought the later eras were way too close together, or the early ones were way too far apart.

And that Antaeus transformation was BOSS. Pardon the pun.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2009, 02:43:33 pm »
And that Antaeus transformation was BOSS. Pardon the pun.
Oh Bekkler, you hilarious goon. These chapters (I just watched the last nine videos) were great. I love seeing the player drastically change the timelines...it was considerably well thought out. I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but 1AD is probably my favorite new timeline, so far. I don't know why, but I think it's something simple, like the new palette...

Fuck, these were just great. Your work is most assuredly appreciated.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2009, 03:28:08 pm »
pretty sure it's FW's favorite time too.

--JP

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2009, 03:41:20 pm »
Oh yeah, Cedric was my absolute fave NPC of all time. Guardia was always presented as the source of all good and justice in the Chrono World, and it was a great twist to find out Cedric was a bloodthirsty warlord. It all makes perfect sense in retrospect though, considering Radical Dreamers postulated that the Frozen Flame was sitting right in the vaults of Guardia IIRC.

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2009, 03:46:40 pm »
Cedric seems way more dickish in the non reptite timeline, rather than the reptite one.  Are you trying to portray that Guardia came to rule by corrupt means?

Also, I was disappointed in Antaeus.  He should have transformed into like...  Zomborg or something.  OR maybe have had him turn into the demon dude from 600 A.D (Whatever his name was).  I think that would have been a clever plot twist.  Also, I'm sad Sorin died...  He better come back.  He's the closest thing I'm getting to Grobyc in this game it seems, and I refuse to let him go.  Or maybe it was the DEATH of Sorin that caused Porre to begin production on Grobyc....  hmmmmm....  Other than that though, excellent job.  I'm guessing Lucca and Robo will already be with Belthasat and such?  You know, since they were already there?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2009, 03:50:54 pm »
Mikisho, you're getting the hang of Time Traveler's Immunity!