Author Topic: Inject custom spc music into CT  (Read 12642 times)

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Inject custom spc music into CT
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2009, 10:16:28 pm »
So what is the exact trouble you got?
Actually you don't need a HEX editor... The most frustrating part is writing an usable mml file, you have to try again and again to get the correct instruments. (For me, only a few midis play nicely, and usually I have to try several hours ...)

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2009, 12:59:01 am »
Okmay, this is what I've done.  I downloaded a guitar pro tab of "Ebon Coast" byt Andy Mckee.  Only one instrument.  I converted it both to midi and mml through tuxguitar as well as the programs from the first post here.   I don't know what to put where, basically.  I have no idea how to access all the info from the actual CT ROM.  i expanded it with TF, but quitefrankly I have to be missing something here.  When I drag the mml file over the programs teh black box pops uo and then disappears so quickly I can't read anything it says other than "done."

Maybe the files is wrong,,,i real;ly just don't know.  I wish I could tell ya more.  It just seems weird that in the steps it just cuts to "put the new song somewhere after 014000" or whatever the numver was, but I don't know how to get there!  I guess that's the main problem right now.

I hope you can make sense out of what I'm explaining...if not I can try to make a video with camstudio to show ya what I'm doing.

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2009, 01:41:43 am »
Yeah, it is hard to explain..

You can edit example.bat in the folder for a quick start. The red words are what you need to change according to your own file names.

echo This line will replace Frog's Theme(2A), so backup always.
echo The mml file use the new sample 3F.
mml2spc -m "mml\your_mml_file_name.mml" -f -i 0x2A

echo This will write the new data behind 0x410000 of your rom file, so backup first.
rem inject "CT.sfc" 0x410000

PAUSE

The most hard part is editing the mml file, if you don't get it, maybe you can attach your midi or mml file here and let me see if I can make an example for you(when I get home though).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 06:31:44 am by utunnels »

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2009, 05:31:24 am »
I just don't understand.  I drag the mml file over the example thing, I drag the ROM srm over it, I drag the over it, I just double click it, but every time the window pops up it reads:

This line will replace Frog's Theme(2A), so backup always.
The mml file use the new sample 3F.

This will write the new data behind 0x410000 of your rom file, so backup first.
Press any key to continue...

Then I hit a key and it closes.  I don't know how to plug in my own file......

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2009, 06:26:07 am »
Save the text in the post above(between the 2 lines) and save it as whatevername.bat in the same folder of example.bat(or you can edit it directly), then double click it.

You can remove those lines begin with "echo"(comments).

mml2spc -m "your_mml_file_path" -f -i 0x2A
inject "your_expanded_rom_file_path" 0x410000
PAUSE

*Edit*

Oops, sorry, I made a mistake...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 06:31:20 am by utunnels »

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2009, 12:40:06 pm »
Shee, do you understand how to use command lines?

Not really completely related, but I wasn't sure where to ask.
I've modified mml2spc to create FFV-format SPCs. I don't know how I should have it handle EchoFB and FIR, which were one 2-parameter command before FF6.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2009, 05:54:11 pm »
Comand files?  No.  In fact, the only thing I understand is what I've done with Temporal Flux on my hack that I'm finishing up.  As of this posting I ahve not tried anything else with the spc insertion yet, I just got home from teaching and I don't have the mental capacity for it right now.

BUT I must thank you all for the help...I feel like I might could be possibly maybe getting closer to understanding this.  We shall see after I recover.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2009, 11:16:27 pm »
I give up.  For now.  I don't know how to....fucking do it.  I'm going to delete all of the spc music files I've downloaded and start over again some other time.  If anyone's interested, this is the file I was trying to use.  For all I know that could of been the problem all along.....should the SPC music stuff be in the same folder as the ROM files?

EDIT: I can't attach the mml file and I can't convert it to a .midi file but instead a .mid which can't be attached either...so this will have to wait more.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 11:19:09 pm by Shee »

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2009, 11:28:10 pm »
You can zip it or rar it, then it can be attached.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2009, 12:07:03 am »
You can zip it or rar it, then it can be attached.

Damn you and your logic.  I attached the .mml file.  Only one instrument, I think it sounds better with a piano or strings than just a MIDI guitar.  I think we could agree that all MIDI guitars are turrible.  Anyway, I hope you can get it to work, and I hope that I can get it to work in the future as well.  I damn near destroyed my computer earlier this evening.

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2009, 08:57:45 am »
I will give it a try when I get home. Maybe 8 hours later.

------------------------

Faint..
Man, you uploaded a guitarpro file? :shock:

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2009, 04:31:24 pm »
Okmay, this is what I've done.  I downloaded a guitar pro tab of "Ebon Coast" byt Andy Mckee.  Only one instrument.  I converted it both to midi and mml through tuxguitar as well as the programs from the first post here.   

Yes, it is a guitar pro tab.  If that's the problem, then at least we know and I can change it somehow someway.  If need be I can transpose it to a different MIDI program or something like that....anyways thanks for all the help thus far and hopefully your head won't burst.

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2009, 05:41:45 am »
I have moved the file to a stable host. http://cc.ffsky.cn/TEMP/ctspctool.rar

Example.bat now replaces Chrono Trigger's Theme with Time's Scar. You can grab an expanded rom and give it a quick test.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,6839.msg155861.html#msg155861

About the bug metioned here, you can fix it by simply adding a space behind the hex number.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 05:46:10 am by utunnels »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2009, 07:01:16 am »
Thanks utunnels!

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2009, 12:36:40 pm »
About the bug metioned here, you can fix it by simply adding a space behind the hex number.
I knew that when I posted about the bug. I was just hoping for an alternate solution.