Author Topic: Playable Apocolypse  (Read 5396 times)

uzerzero

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Playable Apocolypse
« on: July 12, 2006, 03:15:28 pm »
Started to mess around with Temporal Flux yesterday and decided that I would make a half-brained attempt at finishing up the Apocolypse map and making it completely playable. So far, all I've managed to do is put some ocean around and I got the Sun Keep finished, but it's looking pretty promising. I don't know if I'll actually write a story line around it, but it would be kind of nice to sort of rewrite part of the game around it, so you can go to 1999 AD like the day before Lavos strikes. Anyways, here's a first draft of the map. I haven't spent too much time on it (most of it was spent screaming at Temporal Flux because it crashed and I hadn't saved my work)

ClayAKAMe

Re: Playable Apocolypse
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 03:34:09 pm »
Yeah... cool. But what are you gonna do about the inside of each building and the NPCs and everything else?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 04:04:53 pm »
(the word is Apocalypse, but it should be called something else since it's not the apocalypse yet)

How are you gonna do the inside of the buildings and the NPCS when there's no tileset or sprite for them?

but2002

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Death Omen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 04:06:57 pm »
Use 2300 Tilesets and hmm.... Every periods sprides ( No EarthBound/PreHistory )

uzerzero

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 04:22:27 pm »
Yeah, as I was drawing the map, that did occur to me that I would have a problem since there's really no tilesets for 1999. But 2300 doesn't look too bad, CE2 uses it for Chronopolis. I'll worry about getting everything done for the map, and who knows, maybe somebody will find a way to redraw all the sprites and map tiles in CT.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 04:33:41 pm »
Well, sprite and tile editing is already possible. That's how King Z*** and company were added in the Crimson Echoes demo. You have to decompress the graphic you want (there's a topic about how to find the addresses), change it with Photoshop or something then recompress it. It's very easy, but it's just that it's also tedious due to the way stuff are stored.

This being said, I've just remembered a small trick. If you change the palette to Arris Dome (or similar domes) to 22 instead of A, the dome will roughly have the colors of Chronopolis (white, blue, teal, purple). Unfortunately the black tiles will "shine" a bit (from black to dark brown repeatedly and slowly, as if something was breathing).

Vargose

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 04:41:26 pm »
Also The Blackbird, and The Black Omen, have usable futuristic tile sets. There is also an Epoch docking room that has a good tile set too. Lucca house would be a good tileset to use aswell.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 04:45:58 pm »
Oh fudge.  Forgot to put out the info for our game and crap since it's dead.  Not time's illusions, Theads of time the one that died.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9567/ctow0077wi.png  was nightmare's idea on map for our game ><.  Oh, well =/

http://img347.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ctow0076tj5ek.png here was mine.  Ignore the names they were just blah >_>

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • How do we know we exist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 07:37:47 pm »
I remade 1999 AD once. Maybe I'll do it again.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 10:02:13 pm »
I had a more complete version then that, but whatever. :roll:

uzerzero

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 10:19:20 pm »
Those looked pretty nice justin3009. However, you kinda did overkill on the sewers. I'm thinking of changing most of them to subways. I'm more concerned about creating the insides of the domes than I am about the world map though. However, I want to make everything look as authentic as possible. And with just myself working on this, it might take quite sometime. I've finished up the ocean though for the day, and I'm going to start working on the islands pretty soon. If I get frustrated, I might just attack it and start doing some interior work. Any ideas on locations to overwrite?

but2002

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Death Omen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 10:20:32 pm »
I Might help you UserZero Ill sen you A PM

uzerzero

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2006, 10:16:37 am »
Sorry, but I had a minor setback in my map-making. Somehow, all of Choras got deleted. I could've sworn I saved the map, but it all got deleted. So I'll have to fix it. And since I don't like making minor updates of how I drew one more tile like some people do, I'll save you the pain and bandwith and post another update up here once I have a nice image.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2006, 10:50:37 am »
Just remember, since your using 1999 AD.  You can't change the palette or sub tiles of buildings and a few other things.

uzerzero

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2006, 10:55:02 am »
Yeah, I figured that out since a few of the tiles from the Present tileset are missing in the 1999 tileset. Which makes things a pain. Just about everything's there, and I'm sure I could find a program to let me edit the tilesets.