Author Topic: Yet Another Theory on the Rise of Porre  (Read 7397 times)

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Yet Another Theory on the Rise of Porre
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2005, 03:38:53 pm »
Sigh...  You keep running in circles, zaper...

But the problem here is that Zeal is still a myth.

I bet Belthasar didn't think it was a myth.

And it is not stated that the teenagers killed Lavos in their timeline. It's only stated that by looking into different timelines, they have discovered that a group of teenagers defeated the creature called Lavos who attempted to cause the "Apocalypse".

Zaper, really, this is tiring.  Lavos rose in 1999.  Both Chronopolis and Miguel say it.  Hell, the Dead Sea even have a frozen image of a computer screen that shows it.  Look at what Miguel says:
  At one stage our world was on
   the verge of such inevitable
   destruction...
   That was in 1999, when the
   parasitical alien life-form known
   as Lavos awoke after centuries
   of feeding off this planet.
   Were it not for a teenage boy
   and his group of adventurer
   friends, that is...
   Time traveling from epoch to
   epoch, they battled Lavos for
   the future of our planet, and
   eventually won.

The computers do say on "some timelines."  However, for some reason, you take that to mean "not Chronopolis's timeline", even though you don't read the entire text there, because it defeats you.  Watch this:
  On some time lines, Lavos
   appeared on the surface of
   the planet in the year 1999
   and brought the world to
   ruins.
   However, a group of young
   time travelers saw where
   their planet's history was
   heading and, through their
   actions, rewrote time.
   This very research facility
   exists on that new time line...
   In a world where, thanks to
   the defeat of Lavos by the
   young adventurers, the
   Apocalypse never happened...

Explicit.  Lavos appears on the surface to bring the world to ruins.  Time Travelers defeat him, preventing the Apocalypse.  And Chronopolis exist on that timeline where Lavos was defeated by Time Travelers.  Its canon:  Lavos rose in 1999.  And was defeated.

I mean, it's kind of illogical to have the Black Omen appear right when you finally get the Flying Epoch. I think it's plotwise that you're supposed to finish everything off in Zeal at that point, unless you want to do the side quests. The Black Omen seems to me like canon.

Why?  So now your discarding all the side quests that happen after it as non-canon?  Why is it illogical?  Everything implies that it is canon to defeat Lavos in 1999.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2005, 04:20:38 pm »
I bet Belthasar didn't think it was a myth.

Bla bla bla. Maybe you've forgotten that Belthasar CANT TELL ANYONE WHO HE IS. All they know about his that he is a genius and he helped Chronopolis be invented by 2300AD, and then FATE and by 2400AD, they finished the Counter-Time Experiment idea and were going to do it and did.
Some people belive that Zeal may have existed, like some people believe Atlantis exists. But to them, there is no real concrete evidence to it.

Zaper, really, this is tiring. Lavos rose in 1999. Both Chronopolis and Miguel say it. Hell, the Dead Sea even have a frozen image of a computer screen that shows it. Look at what Miguel says:

Guess what? The Dead Sea is a DIFFERENT TIMELINE. In the Dead Sea, yes, Lavos rose and the moment he did, he pelted the world. And that timeline is the Dead Sea.

The computers do say on "some timelines." However, for some reason, you take that to mean "not Chronopolis's timeline", even though you don't read the entire text there, because it defeats you. Watch this:

On some time lines, Lavos
appeared on the surface of
the planet in the year 1999
and brought the world to
ruins.
However, a group of young
time travelers saw where
their planet's history was
heading and, through their
actions, rewrote time.
This very research facility
exists on that new time line...
In a world where, thanks to
the defeat of Lavos by the
young adventurers, the
Apocalypse never happened...

Just as easily as you can manipulate the script, as can I. That quote proves it all. The Apocalypse never happened. Lavos rising through the fricking ground is the start of the Apocalypse, and in 1999AD, the moment he got out, he pelted the world. I don't know why he'd wait to do that just because a bunch of kids came, who would still have to walk up to him anyway.
And I say it again "on some timelines". The Apocalypse or Lavos rising through the ground never happened. Chronopolis doesn't even have any concrete evidence about how Lavos looked like or anything. the Director in the Arris dome felt the disturbance when Lavos left the ground and the report started there. But no, there is no such thing and Chronopolis cannot still determin Lavos because Lavos never popped through the ground to raise alarm. On the other hand, Crono and Co's defeat of Lavos caused a new future to be created when they went back. Since Lavos was destroyed through all time, and them going back to the past causes a new timeline, then time would progress to 1999AD where no Lavos emerges, and then to 2400AD when Chronopolis is built and they cause the Counter-Time Experiment.

Why? So now your discarding all the side quests that happen after it as non-canon? Why is it illogical? Everything implies that it is canon to defeat Lavos in 1999.

I'm not discarding them. But they are called "Side-Quests" for a reason, because they're not essential to the plot or are truely canon.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2005, 06:32:15 pm »
Bla bla bla. Maybe you've forgotten that Belthasar CANT TELL ANYONE WHO HE IS. All they know about his that he is a genius and he helped Chronopolis be invented by 2300AD, and then FATE and by 2400AD, they finished the Counter-Time Experiment idea and were going to do it and did.
Some people belive that Zeal may have existed, like some people believe Atlantis exists. But to them, there is no real concrete evidence to it.

He can tell people who he is. And he has proof (magic powers) to back it up. He obviously chose not to for whatever reason.

Guess what? The Dead Sea is a DIFFERENT TIMELINE. In the Dead Sea, yes, Lavos rose and the moment he did, he pelted the world. And that timeline is the Dead Sea.

So, that's why the Dead Sea is an island you can go to by boat? ...right? Because I figured the Dead Sea was just a mesh of frozen timelines contained within Home world.

Just as easily as you can manipulate the script, as can I. That quote proves it all. The Apocalypse never happened. Lavos rising through the fricking ground is the start of the Apocalypse, and in 1999AD, the moment he got out, he pelted the world. I don't know why he'd wait to do that just because a bunch of kids came, who would still have to walk up to him anyway.
And I say it again "on some timelines". The Apocalypse or Lavos rising through the ground never happened. Chronopolis doesn't even have any concrete evidence about how Lavos looked like or anything. the Director in the Arris dome felt the disturbance when Lavos left the ground and the report started there. But no, there is no such thing and Chronopolis cannot still determin Lavos because Lavos never popped through the ground to raise alarm. On the other hand, Crono and Co's defeat of Lavos caused a new future to be created when they went back. Since Lavos was destroyed through all time, and them going back to the past causes a new timeline, then time would progress to 1999AD where no Lavos emerges, and then to 2400AD when Chronopolis is built and they cause the Counter-Time Experiment.

So, despite seeing Lavos rise up first hand and being killed by teenagers, having a video, and the testimony of a nearly infalliable computer...Lavos didn't rise? Uh huh. Whatever, Mr. Dumass. (I love that commercial.)

I'm not discarding them. But they are called "Side-Quests" for a reason, because they're not essential to the plot or are truely canon.

They're sidequests in the context of the GAMEPLAY, not the storyline. They're canon unless otherwise stated. By your own logic, the sidequests must be canon or else Black Omen isn't canon, and your argument falls apart. However, if the sidequests are canon, then your entire argument falls apart ANYWAY.

Go away, the big kids are gonna talk now. Here's a jumprope. Try not to trip.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2005, 07:00:00 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight

So, that's why the Dead Sea is an island you can go to by boat? ...right? Because I figured the Dead Sea was just a mesh of frozen timelines contained within Home world.

I thought we were debating about Another World? :?

Anyway, I think that what Zaper says is that when Crono and co. returns to 1000AD after having defeated Lavos, everything that is after 1000AD is rewritten into a new time-line (like any time-travel would do) with no Lavos nor Crono in 1999AD (since he's gone back to 1000AD)... Dunno, it's confusing.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2005, 07:56:09 pm »

No, I'm sorry, you lost.  Give up.  The Apoclypse didn't happend because Lavos was defeated!!!  I got an idea.  You know, this might prove to you what happens when Lavos rises.  Play CT.  Use the Bucket to go to 1999ad.  Lavos rises.  Then you fight him.  He didn't immedately pelt the world.  "A bunch of kids"?  Who have been traveling through time, fought him already, and are some of the most powerful beings ever?  Yeah, Lavos, ignore them.  Wait, he didn't.  He fought them and lost.

You lost Zaper.  They said they exist on a timeline where Lavos was defeated, and the Apocalypse prevented.

If you weren't dismissing them, you wouldn't be dismissing them, which you are.

Anyway, I think that what Zaper says is that when Crono and co. returns to 1000AD after having defeated Lavos, everything that is after 1000AD is rewritten into a new time-line (like any time-travel would do) with no Lavos nor Crono in 1999AD (since he's gone back to 1000AD)... Dunno, it's confusing.

If thats how it is, Lavos would never have emerged and destroyed Zeal.  Zeal should be there in the present of the new timeline!  Lavos was defeated, and erased from history!  So he can't rise in 12000bc, because he was killed and erased!!!

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2005, 02:21:37 am »
You're so arrogant. Go get a tampon for your male PMS.

He can tell people who he is. And he has proof (magic powers) to back it up. He obviously chose not to for whatever reason.

That's what I was trying to mean, but I forgot to mention that. For whatever reason, he doesn't tell anyone, or may not want to. Proving that Zeal exists may make the workers think he's a nut or make them want to go to Zeal with their new power or something.

From what I infered, the Dead Sea is the ruined timeline that was combined with Chronopolis because it landed on it or something similiar.

So, despite seeing Lavos rise up first hand and being killed by teenagers, having a video, and the testimony of a nearly infalliable computer...Lavos didn't rise? Uh huh. Whatever, Mr. Dumass. (I love that commercial.)

What the hell are you on about? I just explained the whole situation. God damned people, they don't even read peoples posts properly. Because Chronopolis says that "In some timelines" and not "in our timeline" Lavos erupted, it obviousally means that Lavos did not erupt. But Chronopolis knows the past so they know what had happened in the other timeline, and figured that their timeline was only created due to Crono and co's interferance.

They're sidequests in the context of the GAMEPLAY, not the storyline. They're canon unless otherwise stated. By your own logic, the sidequests must be canon or else Black Omen isn't canon, and your argument falls apart. However, if the sidequests are canon, then your entire argument falls apart ANYWAY.

Umm, The Black Omen isn't a sidequest. It's all canon. There's a reason why we get the Epoch... So we can fly to the Black Omen, especially when the BO rises the first time when the Epoch flys. They were obviousally supposed to go there, and from there defeat Lavos.
The Bucket is just a way to go there, and probably not the canon one. And even if it is, from your theory that whenever somebody time travels, a new timeline is produced (give up on TTI now!), that basically helps me give evidence that since Lavos is gone from time forever, there will be no Lavos in 1999AD. Either way even with or without TTI.

Because Sentenal is like a Gray follower, then he would also believe that whenever you go back in time, a new timeline is rewritten from that point of arrival. Hence, Lavos would be dead from all of time (12,000BC onward) and no Crono or Lavos would be in 1999AD.

No, I'm sorry, you lost. Give up. The Apoclypse didn't happend because Lavos was defeated!!! I got an idea. You know, this might prove to you what happens when Lavos rises. Play CT. Use the Bucket to go to 1999ad. Lavos rises. Then you fight him. He didn't immedately pelt the world. "A bunch of kids"? Who have been traveling through time, fought him already, and are some of the most powerful beings ever? Yeah, Lavos, ignore them. Wait, he didn't. He fought them and lost.

You lost Zaper. They said they exist on a timeline where Lavos was defeated, and the Apocalypse prevented.

Arrogant Prick. Get lost from the Chrono Analysis thread or the whole Chrono Compendium Forums if you're going to be stuck up like that. You're not in charge of theories or other peoples things. You don't even have enough evidence to back you up. Everything that you say, I have already countered with what I have said prior.

1) There's no proof that the Bucket is Canon, and I won't accept it anyway because the travellors don't need to go back to the EoT right when the Black Omen rises, hence they can use that instead!
2) If it was 1 vs 1, Lavos would own them. There's obviousally some circumstances to why a bunch of meer mortals with magic can beat him. I always thought that Gaspar saying that they were empowered with all the people that they met as being literal. 3 kids compared to a being that drained the energy of a planet for over 65,000,000 years is unfathomable.

Also, as I said to another retort, I do agree that they exist in a timeline that was saved. But guess what, since Crono and co went back to 1000AD, then time reworked itself to 1999AD and no Lavos was there to appear, so Chronopolis was built. No Lavos being in the future of 1000AD means that there are no recordings, no need for another group of time travellers to go on the adventure again (Hello, you're the one who said that there are no inconsistant loops). and so forth.

If you weren't dismissing them, you wouldn't be dismissing them, which you are

No, I'm downgrading them from plotline to gameplay.

If thats how it is, Lavos would never have emerged and destroyed Zeal. Zeal should be there in the present of the new timeline! Lavos was defeated, and erased from history! So he can't rise in 12000bc, because he was killed and erased!!!

For whatever reason (most likely because the Black Omen got attatched to his pocket dimension) Lavos' pocket dimension is like bridged. The Pocket dimension exists since he landed on the planet. It even exists when he exits it. Even though Lavos is dead, because he did come out of the dimension and destroyed Zeal, it'll always happen, and then he'll dissapear into the void. Maybe because his pocket dimension got sent to the DBT and frozen because he died in the future, if the 12,000BC one leaves and the enters it again, they may be frozen and not do anything.

Now stop telling me to give up etc. You're not the master of Chrono Analysing. That's up to Masato Kato and co to do. We only theorise and try to explain why others things dont work. And if you can't be stuffed enough to read through my whole post, explain why my way can't work in a reasonable manner, and then give me some time to either retort or correct myself, then SCRAM!

[/quote]

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2005, 05:54:20 pm »
Zaper, although flames to meet Aura's flames may be warranted, I have not done so.  Telling me to leave the forums?  You age really shows in your posts.

1) There's no proof that the Bucket is Canon, and I won't accept it anyway because the travellors don't need to go back to the EoT right when the Black Omen rises, hence they can use that instead!

Of the three ways to fight Lavos, two of them take you to 1999ad.  Yeah, lets not accept that, and discard all the side quests in the game, and say that the way through the Black Omen is canon.  You prove to me that the Black Omen is decisivly canon.
2) If it was 1 vs 1, Lavos would own them. There's obviousally some circumstances to why a bunch of meer mortals with magic can beat him. I always thought that Gaspar saying that they were empowered with all the people that they met as being literal. 3 kids compared to a being that drained the energy of a planet for over 65,000,000 years is unfathomable.

Irrelavant.  It wasn't 1vs1.  It was 3v1, and apparently the three were plenty powerful enough to beat Lavos.
Also, as I said to another retort, I do agree that they exist in a timeline that was saved. But guess what, since Crono and co went back to 1000AD, then time reworked itself to 1999AD and no Lavos was there to appear, so Chronopolis was built. No Lavos being in the future of 1000AD means that there are no recordings, no need for another group of time travellers to go on the adventure again (Hello, you're the one who said that there are no inconsistant loops). and so forth.

Under that logic, in the new timeline, Lavos would have never rose in 12,000bc to destroy Zeal.  Your saying he was wiped out throught out time, and thats why for some reason Lavos won't rise in a new timeline (which he does) because he was been eliminated throughout time.  So the same must go for Zeal.  Lavos could never have rose to destroy Zeal, so Zeal should never have fallen!!!

No, I'm downgrading them from plotline to gameplay.

OMG BLACK OMEN SIDE QUEST TOO!11!!  Also, your dismissing them.  Come to terms with it.

For whatever reason (most likely because the Black Omen got attatched to his pocket dimension) Lavos' pocket dimension is like bridged. The Pocket dimension exists since he landed on the planet. It even exists when he exits it. Even though Lavos is dead, because he did come out of the dimension and destroyed Zeal, it'll always happen, and then he'll dissapear into the void. Maybe because his pocket dimension got sent to the DBT and frozen because he died in the future, if the 12,000BC one leaves and the enters it again, they may be frozen and not do anything.

Zaper... your on both sides of this!  "Even though Lavos is dead, because he did come out of the dimension and destroyed Zeal, it'll always happen, and then he'll dissapear into the void".  Can you NOT see that thats exactly what I'm saying about Lavos in 1999ad!?!

Give up.  You loose.  Your theorys are a joke here.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2005, 01:12:49 am »
...oh goodness. Zaper, you've encouraged me to actually make an effort to respond to one of your..."interesting" posts.

Quote from: Zaperking
From what I infered, the Dead Sea is the ruined timeline that was combined with Chronopolis because it landed on it or something similiar.

The Dead Sea, as has been mentioned 40 gazillion times, is a conglomeration, a crash site, of paradoxes and combined timelines all mixed up in one location. There are pieces of several eras in multiple timelines thrown somewhere in the Dead Sea. It's more massive than you give it credit.

What the hell are you on about? I just explained the whole situation. God damned people, they don't even read peoples posts properly. Because Chronopolis says that "In some timelines" and not "in our timeline" Lavos erupted, it obviousally means that Lavos did not erupt. But Chronopolis knows the past so they know what had happened in the other timeline, and figured that their timeline was only created due to Crono and co's interferance.

Ok, this drives me crazy. You're making assumptions. I can't express how much I dislike when people take assumptions to be "obvious truth". Just because they said "in some timelines" does NOT mean "not in our timeline"...the way I see it is it means that one timeline that this doesn't include, for example, is the Reptites timeline, where Lavos never even landed. Make sense? It's still an assumption, but it fits with other elements of the argument.

Umm, The Black Omen isn't a sidequest. It's all canon. There's a reason why we get the Epoch... So we can fly to the Black Omen, especially when the BO rises the first time when the Epoch flys. They were obviousally supposed to go there, and from there defeat Lavos.
The Bucket is just a way to go there, and probably not the canon one. And even if it is, from your theory that whenever somebody time travels, a new timeline is produced (give up on TTI now!), that basically helps me give evidence that since Lavos is gone from time forever, there will be no Lavos in 1999AD. Either way even with or without TTI.

The BO is as much a sidequest as the others, albeit a larger one. None of the methods of showing up to fight Lavos are "canon". The only thing that's "canon" is that Lavos rose in 1999 and was killed before beginning the Apocalypse. Makes sense when you travel back to 1999 through the bucket after having already defeated the outer shell and he's...still out there.

Oh, and the BO is NOT the reason the party gets the Epoch. Hello, it's part of the normal plot advancement. They first get it so they can get back to 12,000 BC. Then get it again simply because there's no other way to LEAVE 12,000 BC. Think about it.

Because Sentenal is like a Gray follower, then he would also believe that whenever you go back in time, a new timeline is rewritten from that point of arrival. Hence, Lavos would be dead from all of time (12,000BC onward) and no Crono or Lavos would be in 1999AD.

Just because there's a new timeline doesn't mean it's completely different from what it was before. The only thing different about it is what happened earlier on (assuming 'what happened earlier on' was too small to affect anything major).

Arrogant Prick. Get lost from the Chrono Analysis thread or the whole Chrono Compendium Forums if you're going to be stuck up like that. You're not in charge of theories or other peoples things. You don't even have enough evidence to back you up. Everything that you say, I have already countered with what I have said prior.

Yeah, that was lame. Grow up.

(*gaspshockgasp* I didn't yell at you and tell you to go away, or call you names or anything ridiculous, and I still got the same message across! You shoud learn from that)

I could beat Lavos with Crono by himself, couldn't you?

You're making me think of John Kerry, dude...you're falling on both arguments on this instant-change-timeline shit, here. You should proofread your posts and think them through before posting them. It REALLY helps, trust me.

Doesn't make as much sense as your opposing argument. Consider both on equal grounds and figure out which one seems to just fit.

All this given, you do come across as arrogant, Sentenal. Just so you know.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2005, 01:52:21 am »
Sentenal has a way of making people mad and making them write weird stuff.

Anyway, My "assumptions" are as obvious as how he is saying that "the Apocalypse did happen" even though Chronopolis does not state it.

Under that logic, in the new timeline, Lavos would have never rose in 12,000bc to destroy Zeal. Your saying he was wiped out throught out time, and thats why for some reason Lavos won't rise in a new timeline (which he does) because he was been eliminated throughout time. So the same must go for Zeal. Lavos could never have rose to destroy Zeal, so Zeal should never have fallen!!!

Yet again, still not reading my post. It's because Lavos left the pocket dimension and surfaced, that being will ALWAYS be there. There is no rewritting time from 12,000BC after that incident under your theory, so it always happened. It's like that thing with the Chronopolis ghosts. Even though they're not there, they're trapped in an endless cycle.

Doesn't make as much sense as your opposing argument. Consider both on equal grounds and figure out which one seems to just fit.

Huh? I'm trying to explain why Lavos won't appear in 1999AD from what Chronopolis said.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2005, 02:26:09 pm »
Anyway, My "assumptions" are as obvious as how he is saying that "the Apocalypse did happen" even though Chronopolis does not state it.

Look whose not reading now.  The apocalypse is Lavos destroying the world, not the simple act of Lavos surfacing.  Lavos surfaces, and is defeated, therefore no apoclypse.

Yet again, still not reading my post. It's because Lavos left the pocket dimension and surfaced, that being will ALWAYS be there. There is no rewritting time from 12,000BC after that incident under your theory, so it always happened. It's like that thing with the Chronopolis ghosts. Even though they're not there, they're trapped in an endless cycle.

Zaper...  Okay, I'll sum up your answer there, because you don't understand my point.  Lavos leaves the Pocket Dimension in 12000bc and destroys Zeal.  This always happens.  My point is that Lavos leaves the Pocket Dimension in 1999ad.  This always happens.  The only difference between Lavos' surfacing in the Lavos Timeline and the later one is that Crono confronts him in the next one.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2005, 04:04:02 pm »
Yes, but if you truely think that he was defeated in 1999AD, then he was not only defeated on the surface, but also inside this PD. I think the point is that he can only pelt the ground if he's a little bit out of it.

Naz

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2005, 04:34:55 pm »
Perhaps when Lavos had risen out of the Earth he shed his Pocket Dimension. And when Crono & Co. approach him, he's put up a completely different one?

ShoeMagus

• Guardian (+100)
  • "We are...the dreamers of Dreams."
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2005, 06:23:35 pm »
Quote from: Naz
Perhaps when Lavos had risen out of the Earth he shed his Pocket Dimension. And when Crono & Co. approach him, he's put up a completely different one?

I figured he rose out, Crono and Co came up on him, and he pulled them into the Pocket Dimension. They threw down and Lavos was destroyed. They get out (and go where ever) Lavos is destroyed, the Pocket Dimension may or may not be there. Maybe it was thrown to the DBT along with all the other crap.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2005, 06:42:21 pm »
And maybe...just maybe...The existence of the human race is irrefutable proof that Lavos risees out of his Pocket Dimension and exists in the current timeline.

Crazy, huh? I mean, who'da thought that when Lavos was destroyed, he just stopped existing from 1999 AD and onward.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2005, 07:50:20 pm »
Quote from: ShoeMagus
Quote from: Naz

I figured he rose out, Crono and Co came up on him, and he pulled them into the Pocket Dimension. They threw down and Lavos was destroyed. They get out (and go where ever) Lavos is destroyed, the Pocket Dimension may or may not be there. Maybe it was thrown to the DBT along with all the other crap.

Exactly.  He comes out, pulls back to PD, and dies.