Author Topic: Chrono Cross New Game + Question  (Read 1520 times)

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Chrono Cross New Game + Question
« on: September 29, 2005, 06:53:21 pm »
Ok, I'm aware that like Chrono Trigger you can get multiple endings for defeating the Time Devourer at certain points of the game. My question is, for all of them save the, "official," ending, do you need to physically kill it? Considering you don't start off with the Chrono Cross in New Game +, I'd assume so...but I found that a tad odd (shouldn't it be the same as the bad ending?) It just makes more sense to me to do the Chrono Cross pattern to gain the additional endings, as it's the only way that really, "solves the problem.

Zenning

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 09:13:07 pm »
Whether it makes sense or not, you must physically kill (i.e., deplete all HP) of the Time Devourer.

It'd be too easy if all you had to do was use the Chrono Cross!

In all honesty, I don't remember using the Chrono Cross the first time I destroyed the Time Devourer; I killed it and got the credits only ending.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 10:16:33 pm »
Just use the Cross.

Kazuki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 12:08:47 am »
Ah, ok thanks. Right now I'm on my third new game + and am about to attempt to solo the Time Devourer...tips?

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 03:00:20 am »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Just use the Cross.

Really?  I always killed the thing off and got the same endings.  Well, looks like I took the longer route.

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 12:19:28 pm »
Quote from: Kazuki
Ah, ok thanks. Right now I'm on my third new game + and am about to attempt to solo the Time Devourer...tips?

well my first play through, i dont know if it was the equipment i had (just stone mail and the mastermune plus a few low class accessories) but it was somewhat easy, both party members died but serge stayed alive, id load up on magnegate and some big healing elements, other then that just keep track of whats going on with your character and it will be easy, if there was some desplay for magnegates time left it would be easier but sadily thats not the case so its either guess when it ends or wait untell you get damaged by an element

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 10:38:28 pm »
Quote from: Kazuki

if its your third new game + you should deal enough damage with your best weapon that you have alone so stock up a few of he best healing spells 4 or 5 is plenty enough equip the plate that counters the type of spells he uses most at the begining think it was yellow and equip your best damage increasing accessories.

or use the cross if it dosn't affect the ending.

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005, 11:08:27 pm »
DARN IT, theres no way to replay cutscenes without going through the game? no unlock after game ending :(

Kazuki

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2005, 11:34:51 pm »
Wait...you have the Cross in the beginning of the game? I knew the Time Egg, but I didn't think you had the former...

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 12:13:54 am »
Quote from: evirus
DARN IT, theres no way to replay cutscenes without going through the game? no unlock after game ending :(

you mean the FMV's you can rip them from the disk easy enough there's a tutorial on in on this site you just have to down load this program put the disk in your computer and do what the tutorial says and there you go all the cut scenes in cross on your computer for you veiwing pleasure