Author Topic: Lucca and the Gurus  (Read 3497 times)

Durakken

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Lucca and the Gurus
« on: April 12, 2006, 09:01:44 pm »
It occurs to me that Lucca is not only too far advance for her time, but also acts in a way that seems to make it appear that she knows more than she lets on.

She not only grasps the situation almost imediately, she creates the gate key in a very short amount of time. She also is obviously responable for buildng the first robots, which is Gato, and later we see this model only appear in Black Omen that was designed and built by the Gurus. She has amazingly high levels of technology considering the computers are in no way shape or form even close to being invented.

Further more she starts off with elemental magic, unlike any others. Not only that but a gate opens convienently to her mother's accident when she thinks about it. Some may say this is because of "the entity" over hearing what's happening, but then it's got to be asked why Lucca and why such an insignificant event?

Strangely enough this also happens one other time in the game, during the Reunion ending when Gespar opens a portal to give them the time egg, showing that he has power over the gates.

Lucca shows almost uncanny lack of reaction to a lot of the things that happen when she would be one of the most likely to be getting giddy as she would have the chance to explore the thing she loves, technology and science, but instead she seems to know exactly how to and when to do things.

We also know that Balthasar influenced, nay, triggered the events of CC, and he had long finished the epoch and would have had more than ample time to go back and set up certain events, but him not beng a warrior would not have been able to change things by himself. He and Gespar both show 2 things which lead me to believe that they influenced CT as well. They show a knowledge of things that they, even if they did time travel and watch time, would never know and also they were the only ones that were capable of setting up the sealed items.

Given this, Lucca seems to be working with the Gurus, and she is in a great position to relay information and trigger certain events. This seems to be proven simply by the sheer technology level of Lucca which is on par with Zeal and far more advanced than 2400AD which is just impossable given that Lucca's inventions would have been all throughout that era and much more advanced.

Another thing that may be just a coincidence is that Lucca, Crono, and Glenn. All of which seem to have been pretty much hand picked for this adventure have Purple, Red, and Green hair which none of the other characters in the game have those colors. This could be due to genetic alterations done to them by Gespar and Balthasar to make them stronger. Note that Crono is the strongest and balanced, Glenn is the only person to be able to wield the masamune from what we understand, and lucca is not only super intelligent but also xtremely magically powerful.

Balthasar had the oportunity and the reason to do it as did Gespar. Lucca could have been Balthasar's protegee, and it's just kept secret..She afterall later helps with the Kid project with could very well be an extension of this project. It even makes sense with the title. these events trigger CC events.

Diru

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Lucca and the Gurus
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 10:38:57 pm »
You should have also included how Lucca some how KNEW the red time gate would lead her to the exact moment of her mothers accident "Did I make it back...to that moment?"

i find it odd that chronocompendium hasn't come up with a theory to explain this because for some reason, I'm just not buying the whole "entity over hearing the conversation" bit, their has to be something else at work here...

Durakken

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Lucca and the Gurus
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 11:08:17 pm »
Yeah there is insanely too many coincidences with Lucca, Balthasar, and Gespar. I mean, seriously, if you look at how long it must have taken for Nadia to get to the castle and get changed and have a few people form an opinion as well as notice she had lost the pin she must have been there half a day at the very least. Along with my theory of why she disapeared or even just reguluar temporal mechanics she would have had to be there a number of hours...and Crono departed right after she did, less than 2 minutes.

This means to me that when someone time travels it take roughly 12hours out of sync between the opening and closing so something like 1minute = 6 hours. It would havwe to take a few hours to walk across the country side so lets just assume that crono gets there by early morning the next day or late that night. 12-20 hours has to pass between Crono leaving and Lucca coming to Gaurdia castle, but she arive only minutes after obviously as she appears right after Crono comes down the stairs a few minutes afte arriving.

This means that She had to of gone into the gate almost at the exact same time as Crono, within seconds if she didn't have some sort of travel device to keep them all in sync. hat's more is that because of this leaving the party you think she went to build the gate key but it would have taken days if not weeks for her to figure out the gate key, let alone getting it's parts and making them by hand as she obviously hand crafts all circiutry.

This means she had already made it and entered behind Crono without him knowing somehow. Notice that this is the only time when this kind of wacky time dialation happens as well. The gate key or travelling all together could be the reason for this ^.^

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Lucca and the Gurus
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 12:05:43 am »
You have to realize this is a game. To make the game actually move, there have to be inconsistencies, coincidences and downright laughable matter, like Lucca making a gate key almost isntantly, or Marles breasts growing larger in such a small amount of time. They have to do it to make the game work. Square aren't Gods, and after Final Fantasy X, that goal is way off the radar.

By the way, nice sig Diru, and welcome!

Durakken

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Lucca and the Gurus
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 12:25:20 am »
It is just a game but it makes speculation fit even more. I knew what I had to do without Lucca coming and telling me shit has hit the fan lol. It's what is called a convention and a lot of writers use it far too much... however, not to say this is one of those times as if it were CT would suck

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Lucca and the Gurus
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 09:03:17 pm »
Lucca is only so amazing because of Deux Ex Machina. She activates inexplicable plot devices to advance the game without wasting time. As for the hair color...it's a Japanese game. Hair colors like that are normal.

She also doesn't start off with magic. WTF?

Durakken

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Lucca and the Gurus
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 09:33:33 pm »
She has flame toss and does not have any generating source. Aura I don't consider magic because it is most likely influence by the pendant.

It's not that she suddenlt breaks out random high level technology, but more so that when she is confronted with time travel and various things that should excite and surprise her she remains calm and doesn't waver in any way of this.

And yes i know about the hair color, but it's still a bit weird that only 3 characters go against all other chars and they are in no way related.

ChibiBob

Lucca and the Gurus
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 10:47:21 pm »
Quote from: Burning Zeppelin
You have to realize this is a game. To make the game actually move, there have to be inconsistencies, coincidences and downright laughable matter, like Lucca making a gate key almost isntantly, or Marles breasts growing larger in such a small amount of time.

Um...

Wow.

Completely missed that part. @_x

Anyway, it's true that it could be an inconsistancy, but what would be the fun in acknowledging that? We could say that everything on the Chrono Compendium, from Time Bastard to why that guy in that place did that thing was a mere overlooking by the programmers and game testers, but that would take all the fun out of the debate. There might not be anything to Lucca's braininess, but then again, Durakken makes some darn good points if that's the case!

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Lucca and the Gurus
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 11:40:32 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
Lucca is only so amazing because of Deux Ex Machina. She activates inexplicable plot devices to advance the game without wasting time.

Donnie: Deus ex machina...
Seth Devlin: What did you say? What the fuck did you just say?
Donnie: Our saviour.

Damn it Donnie, its all your fault!

Quote from: ChibiBob
Quote from: Burning Zeppelin
You have to realize this is a game. To make the game actually move, there have to be inconsistencies, coincidences and downright laughable matter, like Lucca making a gate key almost isntantly, or Marles breasts growing larger in such a small amount of time.

Um...

Wow.

Completely missed that part. @_x

How you missed that is beyond me.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Lucca and the Gurus
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 07:13:08 am »
Quote from: Durakken
She has flame toss and does not have any generating source. Aura I don't consider magic because it is most likely influence by the pendant.

o_O? Flame Toss isn't magic, Flame Toss is just Fire coming out of a gun. As Spekkio said, everything in the Chrono world is composed of the 4 elements, so whether you cast a Flare spell or you light a mere safety match, it's still the same Fire. Crono also has a Tech which isn't magic but is Lightning-elemental: Slash.

Durakken

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Lucca and the Gurus
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 10:12:21 am »
you're right... flame toss does come from the gun, but doesn't say anything else about everything else as that just proves she hasn't met spekkio and isn't a enlightened, but doesn't preclude her from having already been time traveling

Theicedragon

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Lucca and the Gurus
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 04:39:44 pm »
Quote from: Durakken
Yeah there is insanely too many coincidences with Lucca, Balthasar, and Gespar. I mean, seriously, if you look at how long it must have taken for Nadia to get to the castle and get changed and have a few people form an opinion as well as notice she had lost the pin she must have been there half a day at the very least. Along with my theory of why she disapeared or even just reguluar temporal mechanics she would have had to be there a number of hours...and Crono departed right after she did, less than 2 minutes.

This means to me that when someone time travels it take roughly 12hours out of sync between the opening and closing so something like 1minute = 6 hours. It would havwe to take a few hours to walk across the country side so lets just assume that crono gets there by early morning the next day or late that night. 12-20 hours has to pass between Crono leaving and Lucca coming to Gaurdia castle, but she arive only minutes after obviously as she appears right after Crono comes down the stairs a few minutes afte arriving.

This means that She had to of gone into the gate almost at the exact same time as Crono, within seconds if she didn't have some sort of travel device to keep them all in sync. hat's more is that because of this leaving the party you think she went to build the gate key but it would have taken days if not weeks for her to figure out the gate key, let alone getting it's parts and making them by hand as she obviously hand crafts all circiutry.

This means she had already made it and entered behind Crono without him knowing somehow. Notice that this is the only time when this kind of wacky time dialation happens as well. The gate key or travelling all together could be the reason for this ^.^

So I have a question:  Based on what u just said, what if she met up with one of the Gurus and they gave her the gate key?  What if she was to keep a secret from Chrono and Co. that she knew about the Gurus and what thjey been through and about time travel?  I agree because if I was a technology and science geek and a portal just opened in front of me u can bet you will see me get excited and foaming at the mouth, not acting like I saw it before or heard about it.  Very interesting.

Durakken

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Lucca and the Gurus
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 05:30:54 pm »
I think lucca might be a bit more knowledgable than she may be letting on but I also think that she is being manipulated a bit.

Diru

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Lucca and the Gurus
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 08:52:31 pm »
Red time gate...ONLY thing that bothers me the most, even more then Lucca being able to construct a key that can harness the power of the time gates and less then Marles breasts growing in size...what was i talking about again :? oh ya it still bothers me how the red time gate was there especially for Lucca and that it opened at the exact moment of her mothers accident and the fact that she KNEW it would transport her at that exact moment just makes me believe theirs more to her then her ego...or i could just be giving Squaresoft to much credit and they didn't even know what they were doing when they added this :? maybe I'm looking to much into this...

and thanks Zeppelin!

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
Lucca and the Gurus
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2006, 09:07:03 pm »
Well, there's some point to it after all and Square did put it in there for a reason. Perhaps it was the Entity that felt pity for Lucca and gave her that second chance of making things right. But by doing so, she not only altered the past forever, but didn't she also make a new world split off of that? The one world with Lara fine, but another with her crippled . . . or was that discarded into the DBT?