Author Topic: Plot Add-Ons  (Read 12568 times)

kickacecrono0091

Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2005, 10:22:45 pm »
Thats not a bad idea.

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/solid_star_16
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2005, 01:53:03 pm »
Alex's human form is a disguise. Lavos's shell form is a disguise. There true forms are underneath it...

I like this idea.  But I don't think that Alex should necessarily be a lavoid type thing.  Maybe a demi-human / mystic gone mad against the humans... keep your friends close but your enemies closer.  Great idea, I'm down for it.

I'm not sure I'm up for the artificial Masamune idea.  Unless when dimension skipping you pick one up... thinking it's real... and it's not.

I'm not sure about this, but we should check into the idea of the Einlanzer as well... although I don't think that Masa Mune and Doreen have seen each other in at least a few hundred years... or that's what I remember from Cross anyway.

The slave thing... I'm not sure how it'll all work in, but I'm sure we can figure it all out.

We should make a plot summary sometime soon - what we have so far that is - that way I can see about programming in a few things here and there.

Which reminds me... I finished what would have been something close to the cursed woods of CT.  While it doesn't match the cursed woods, or wherever it is Frog hangs out, it's still a nice type dungeon area, complete with a boss, sub-boss, cutscenes...

All I have to do now is figure how the next part fits in with the rest of the sidequest / main quest and create a second area to the dungeon...

Anyways, back to work I go.

kickacecrono0091

« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2005, 05:39:12 pm »
Theres only two things keeping us from a basic plot summary. The slave, and the Masamune. I think we should do dimension travel, because the Epoch and Gate Key are gone, but the Stream of Time I guess we're now going to use, has yet to be discovered so it would be realistic and logical for it to be that way. So the Masmune idea I think would only work if it was multi-dimensions. Which brings us to the point of how many dimensions should there be? There has to be at least 2, obviously, but there could be more. And the slave. I'm still a little confused by him. So he's in your party working for you when Alex is in your party too, but when Alex leaves the slave leaves too? But I thought we were gonna have the slave be the other male character, to even up the genders. And we also need the music listing. On a better note, we got a guy doing the logo. You guys might know Cooper, who's doing it. He's around the forums.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2005, 02:38:55 am »
By artificial masamune, i mean a fake one, but with same power.
Plus, Im not down with the whole mad thing. I want motive!

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2005, 04:22:13 pm »
The thing with the Masamune though, is that from whatever means, it was corrupted and Masa and Mune were "knocked out".  The person who touches the sword was therefore corrupted by an immense amount of evil energy.  
This is what happens in Chrono Cross.  What happened to it was never explained at all, we just know that it became an evil sword.  And once beating it in battle, Masa and Mune return to their senses and accompany Serge, merging with his swallow and becoming the MasterMune.  
So, there's not necessarily a reason behind the madness other than the sword corrupts anyone who touches / posses it.  

Spoliers***
IN Chrono Cross, it corrupted Radius to the point where he kills Garai (sneak attack killing his best friend).  Also, Dario possesses the sword at one point driving him mad, in which Karsh must attack his best friend and defeat him before he is killed.  Dario regains a hint of sanity for a moment and says to kill him quick.  I'm not sure if this occred in one or both dimensions, however we do know that at the end of Trigger (PSX extended ending), the MasaMune along with some man / woman was responsible for the Fall of Guardia... or at the very least a Porre uprising which allowed them control, if only for a brief period of time.
***End spoilers

So yeah, I hate to have it be the whole mad thing also, but, I'm just trying to stick to storyline.  As for the fake MasaMune, I'm down for that.  I don't know if it should have the same power necessarily, but it could come in very handy plot-wise...
Imagine finding the fake Masamune, thinking it to be the real one, equiping it to character whomever, him / her fighting against Alex with the real one and the sword shattering... and the real Masamune killing / defeating the character with the fake.  It's a possibility to explore in at least one dimension...
Anyways, stuff should be ready for a "demo" Friday, I think I can have it done (God willing) Thursday night and let you 2 try it out and make sure it's well enough for a more public release... if you find anything wrong or want extra dialogue or something, let me know.  Also gotta find a way to upload it somewhere... let me know if you know anywhere to out it.

And now, back to work.

Edit: I can really use a name for the slave... any ideas?

Edit 2: I updated the game section and put down a few screens...  :shock:

kickacecrono0091

Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2005, 05:53:07 pm »
Well why can't we just have with the actually Masamune, not a fake one? He could get the real one, and then when he decides to go evil, the masamune goes evil on him, and then he loses it where its picked up by Radius. How about it? It would clear a lot of confusion, it would be easier, and it makes sense. And the slaves name. I was thinking Uri. First decent name that came to mind. Or else, if you can't think of anything, just name him Guy or Slave.

Also, we got a new logo(almost)! We're so professional now.lol Thanks to Cooper for doing it. Here it is
http://mitglied.lycos.de/lightningstrike/pics/Chrono/ChronoStream-Logo.jpg

Thoughts? Opinions?

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2005, 05:54:23 pm »
Sounds well enough to me.  Uri it is and real masamune it is.  I'm REALLY liking the cover art intro screen thinger.  It looks great.

kickacecrono0091

What
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2005, 05:54:48 pm »
What about the logo?

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2005, 05:56:45 pm »
Both the Masamune idea and the logo work well for me.

Edit: The logo especially attracts my interest.  I think it's really great.  The only thing I think it should have is some kind of oceany (if that's even a word) or streamish background.  OTher than that it looks fantastic.

kickacecrono0091

Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2005, 09:03:25 pm »
The background is sorta a overhead view of an ocean or something. And Cooper said he's not 100% done with it so it might be changed.

Cooper

• Guardian (+100)
  • aka Lightningstrike
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2005, 11:45:38 am »
Hi there,

here is a update of the logo and a larger one. ^^
It's still not 100% done.
What do you think ?

Chrono Stream Logo (Large)

Chrono Stream Logo 2 (small)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2005, 03:46:16 pm »
Large and smalls are mixed up

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2005, 04:37:43 pm »
They look very good.  I must say Cooper, damn good job so far.

kickacecrono0091

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2005, 05:46:01 pm »
Very, very nice.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2005, 11:19:13 pm »
Sweet logo!
The fake masamune doesn't necessarily mean its just a fake copy. It means its not the real, earthly masasmune. It was created another species. That could add more history to the masamune.
Oh and sorry, I never played CC  :oops:
As for Uri, its good, but reminds me to much of Yuri. No, I dont mean the character  :lol: