Author Topic: CT DS Leaked, SPOILER! SPOILER! NEW CT:DS POST-FINAL BOSS REVEALED!  (Read 16412 times)

Eket

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: CT DS Leaked, SPOILER! SPOILER! NEW CT:DS POST-FINAL BOSS REVEALED!
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2008, 01:06:47 pm »
All the new ending does is tie in with Chrono Cross even more, and yet we still can't answer one of the most important questions. What are the fates of the original team(Crono and Co)?
Kato needs to get off his ass and answer that question instead of jumping through more hoops to connect CT with CC.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2008, 04:41:23 pm »
It's actually somewhat of a good thing if not everything is answered because you know what that means...
Sequel?
Even if just like Cross and this it takes forever to even hear news of one because they will be spawning endless Final Fantasies and Dragon Quests inbetween?
I highly agree with FaustWolf as well.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2008, 05:02:03 pm »
Dude, Eket, take it easy. Just cause you're not the biggest Chrono Cross fan doesn't mean you need to insult Kato. It's fine to dislike CTDS and CC; an opinion is an opinion. Personally, I like how they're connecting the series, sure I'd love to know the fates of the CT team, but I'm satisfied with anything.

Eket

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2008, 05:09:07 pm »
Chrono Cross had good points, i loved the schala/time devourer stuff. Absolutely loved it.

But Kato absolutely felt the need to add a scene to the end of Chrono Trigger that shows us the Fall of Guardia. It had to be in there to somehow magically link it to Chrono Cross. Much later in an interview he tells us, that it didn't have much to do with Cross and thus he left any explanation of the event out of it.

He gets another oppertunity to fix the Fall of Guardia stuff with CTDS. And he again leaves it completely open? I could never understand why the Fall of Guardia had to happen for it to be linked more with Chrono Cross, and there was absolutely no reason for it, it seems. It's just a revenge thing from Dalton now.

I'm sorry, but that just pisses me off.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2008, 05:12:16 pm »
Maybe SE is going to make a remake od Chrono Cross for DS or PSP. With a possible link to this ending.
But who knows what is crossing in their minds right now after this.

Yourgingerestfan

• im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2008, 05:26:19 pm »
Lol Guess why square enix left the ending open ....because they want you to discuss they want you to get angry ....and they will release another game ; eventually . Which will ease you anger , wrap up some loose ends but make you thankful that the ending was left this way !.

mav

• Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2008, 05:32:32 pm »
Could be, could be. To be honest, we do have the right to be pissed--CT had a couple ends that needed tying up--but it would have been too challenging to sum it up in this port, right? Then again, some of the ways the wrapped it up did seem kinda like they were taking the easy way out...

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2008, 08:08:36 pm »
Well it's quite often interconnected storylines like that are sometimes left distant.  That creates a nice change, and it leaves the imagination of the reader/video game player to hash it out in their own head.

Look at a lot of sequels.  They often show the characters in a very different place emotionally/physically/etc.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2008, 12:44:55 am »
Lol Guess why square enix left the ending open ....because they want you to discuss they want you to get angry ....and they will release another game ; eventually . Which will ease you anger , wrap up some loose ends but make you thankful that the ending was left this way !.

That's what I said!

It's actually somewhat of a good thing if not everything is answered because you know what that means...
Sequel?
Even if just like Cross and this it takes forever to even hear news of one because they will be spawning endless Final Fantasies and Dragon Quests inbetween?

Yourgingerestfan

• im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2008, 03:35:13 am »
Lol sorry then onslaught .
Well we think alike :)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2008, 04:17:09 pm »
BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!

If you wait for two minutes after the bonus ending, there's an extension to the ending. Here's what happens, in order:

1. Crono's running through a fiery Truce with a young child in tow. He's stopped by Porre soldiers who ask him if he's the King of Guardia, to which he replies, "Uh, no. My name is Miguel."

2. Crono and the child, whose name is revealed to be Leena, run into Future Magus, who now has a different hair color. It's faded and more purplish than blue. Future Magus opines that his hair dye has worn out.

3. A picture of Masato Kato appears onscreen to the sound of monster laughter. There's a subtitle: "Ha ha Compendium!"

...now for a serious question. At what point did you realize this post was a joke?

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2008, 04:24:21 pm »
It would have to be at "...to which he replies..."

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2008, 04:33:16 pm »
...now for a serious question. At what point did you realize this post was a joke?

He's stopped by Porre soldiers who ask him if he's the King of Guardia, to which he replies, "Uh, no. My name is Miguel."

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2008, 04:42:55 pm »
Damn, I'm bad at this then. If someone had posted about what Dalton says when you defeat him in the Dimensional Vortex a year ago, I would have said, haha phail, but now it seems Kato could throw literally anything anything at us.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2008, 04:46:57 pm »
Damn, I'm bad at this then. If someone had posted about what Dalton says when you defeat him in the Dimensional Vortex a year ago, I would have said, haha phail, but now it seems Kato could throw literally anything anything at us.

Careful what you say, he's reading this right now.

Wonder if he's out to approve of every popular crack theory?