Author Topic: *Explosion and loud clanging noises  (Read 5351 times)

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
Re: *Explosion and loud clanging noises
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2008, 07:33:05 pm »
Stop using the debug buttons then!

Here's a list of all buttons used in the game

(These seven are all debug. Use them to your advantage now, cause obviously they'll be gone in the final product.)
1: Lucca
2: Marle
3: Frog
4: Crono
5: Robo
6: Ayla
7: Magus

Enter: used to start game and to advance a stage. Do not advance past the factory. (See the last seven)

Space: Pause

Z: Fire

Arrow: move

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2008, 08:54:04 pm »
Stop using the debug buttons then!
I didn't know it was a debug button! Aaaaaaaaagh! I had a hard time my first time through finding the 'Shoot Stuff' button! *starts to shake fist, but then realizes you're being a nice person by helping me* ... forget that. I must go kill stuff now!

Deus Chisa

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Ph'nglui mglwnafh Yukari Mayohiga wgah'nagl fthagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2008, 05:07:03 pm »
Re: Weapons increase
Lucca - Um, sit in the back and kill all the OHKOs.  You basically win until the ogans come out.
Frog - Double spread still doesn't make up for Lucca's triple, Marle's double, and well, Magus.  Useless now.
Crono - A lot less useful thanks to Marle and Lucca.  Still good in limited instances, but I'd rather pierce or spray, all things considered.
Marle - Stupidly good now, and still has the deceptive box.  Remi says hi.
Magus - Is still Magus.  Big shot for big enemies.  Good weapon.
Ayla - So she can attack twice now!  Besides that, no real improvement, though she's still a powerful connect.
Robo - Um, didn't use him, because no one dropped him at the right moment.  So no opinions at the moment.

Re: Factory
Despite the power surge, you're still a bastard anyway.  (To a certain third party, that's a complement, so don't go suggesting any more uberweapons please.) Didn't even make it to MB first try.  Notable lack of Magus/Robo/Marle drops, but that's just my usual bad luck coming into play.  Magus definitely would have helped during a certain part, you know the one.  Now to go back and send MB packing...

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2008, 07:48:44 pm »

Frog's weapon does stacked damage, whereas Lucca's is sustained. They take entirely different angles, one concentrating more on the front (recommend frog over lucca for bosses).

Marle's hitbox is supposed to be big. Her shot is small and very very low rate.

Ayla's reflex attack also has a wide box, though not as wide.

Magus shines mostly for generating clouds of mouths (yes those black holes have teeth and tongues) in packed corridors.   

As for Crono, IT'S A LASER! PLEASE HOLD IT DOWN . I could care less about Robo, since his is broken anyways.

As these are the first three stages. I was generous enough to help you reach them by powering up the weapons. It's supposed to be EASIER. Something non-shmup vets can get into.   I could turn this into Arcade Gradius 3, if you know what I mean.... >:3
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 10:57:48 pm by Captain B »

Deus Chisa

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Ph'nglui mglwnafh Yukari Mayohiga wgah'nagl fthagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2008, 11:43:11 pm »
If I came off an ass, I'm deeply sorry.  All I thought of was, "hey, new version!"  As you can probably tell, despite my most recent insanity, my native skill isn't all that great.  That "newest sacrifice" bit isn't a bluff.  Before September, when someone showed me where my avatar on another forum actually came from, I'd been away from shooters for nearly ten years.  I quickly assimilated the concepts and technicalities, but knowledge is no substitute for experience.  I got my ass kicked, of course, but I enjoy things that do that without being broken.  Makes the victory oh so much sweeter.  I did a CT LLG for pretty much the exact same reason.

This still doesn't change the fact, that in whatever form, I'd love to see (and get wasted by) the full game.  I was a Chrono freak long before I got assimilated by Her Highness, after all.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2008, 03:17:05 am »
noo noo you're okay *hug.  I really have no idea how many stages this game will have, but the primary emphasis is the enemies. Taking their behaviors, attacks, and weaknesses from CT and applying them to a shmup. That's what got me started. "Heh, you have to hit Lavos in the eye..." or "Hey, Giga Gaia's arms can be destroyed..."  Alot of them make for some great shmup material. Again, my games tend to come off with a tight difficulty. When you're the creator, it tends to seem easier than it really is. :/   So I threw in the improvement on the weapons. Stages 1 and 2 might be a bit of a breeze, but I'm sure you'll lose a life or two. Again, it's covering a broader range. (gotta get the RPG veterans in here too, you know. Don't wanna give them something Gradius-hard. At least not at the start.)  The enemies will start outdoing the weapons

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2008, 06:38:48 pm »
Nice use of Fear Factory from DKC.

JEEZUZKRYSTE

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Personal Text Has Been Inserted
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2008, 01:06:54 am »
I failed half way into the first level. If you're in mid-fire with Lucca, let go and push z again, then hold it. You'll shoot twice as fast.