Author Topic: When Crono defeats Lavos..  (Read 945 times)

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
When Crono defeats Lavos..
« on: January 18, 2008, 12:53:05 pm »
Hi,

I was always under the impression that Crono and Co. defeat Lavos in 1999 via the bucket.  i was also under the impression that they could only access Lavos through the bucket.  Yet, I have read in multiple areas of the Encyclopedia and Forums that Crono and co.  defeated Lavos in 12000BC, as suggested in "Trigger and Cross".  it is also mentioned various times that if you "defeat Lavos in 1999 or in any other time" (paraphrased).  Now, it has been almost 6 years or more since I have played Cross and less for Trigger so I may have forgotten something, but where, oh where, does it suggest the previous two points??  Please and thank you.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: When Crono defeats Lavos..
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 02:13:25 pm »
We're assuming that Crono took care of the Black Omen in 12000 B.C, which naturally segues into the Lavos battle.

Mitchr90

• Guardian (+100)
  • I am here to protest beauty pageant sexism
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 08:25:49 pm »
there was a few other way besides the bucket!
you could ram the epoch into lavos by travelling to 1999AD with the epoch
or you can go through the black omen in various times to awaken lavos
and if you go through new game+ you can get to lavos through luccas telepod at anytime in the game

i like to believe the real ending was going through the black omen, it was one of my favorite parts of the game :)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 08:46:48 pm »
Since I'm one who believes that the one "true" ending is indeed the Balloon Ending (as it leaves the least loose ends), I think that they go through the Black Omen but after defeating Lavos' 1st Form they go, "Wa-HEY! Lookit that! A gate! I know we're trying to defeat Lavos here, but DAMN if I ain't curious!" That way they get to talk to Gaspar (& he gives his regards to the defeated Zeal) before they punch a big fuggin hole in Lavos' shell w/the Epoch.

So, no, I don't think they use the bucket to defeat Lavos...I think they check the bucket out before ever talking to Gaspar, maybe (or maybe after) and then realize that Lavos is too damn strong and beat a hasty retreat back to the EoT...

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 12:11:08 am »
Thanks for the replies! 

Man, I can't believe I didn't remember any of that, save ramming the epoch into the shell, I have only played it about 10 times through since the first year it came out.  Time to dust off the ol' game and have another run through.  Although I am a bit skeptic on defeating him in 12000bc...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 07:05:33 pm »
Yeah, we don't mean via the Ocean Palace, just in case you thought that, but afterwards when it rises up as the Black Omen...Lavos appears after Q. Zeal is defeated...Just thought I'd clear that up...