Author Topic: Harle  (Read 7079 times)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Harle
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2006, 01:38:14 am »
Quote from: Namara
I think Harle is the most interesting character in CC because he past is so shadowed and so are her motives.  She's liked for the same reason that Magus is liked in CT because very little is known about their history and can be completely up to interpretation.

Personally when I played the game, I got the impression that she was a creation by the dragon gods during the storm so that they could have someone on the other side working to release them.

As for the dark moon, I always thought that its orbit made it so that it was always behind the white moon, and during the time of CC, the orbital position was such that the dark moon could now be visible.

The only thing here is that Belthasar said that it never existed in his world, which would mean it wasn't there in 2300AD, or in 12,000BC. But he also says that "What was once lost had been found". So I'm getting the impression that only when Harle was created did the Moon come into our dimension to counterbalance her or something. Like I said, if Terra Tower comes, it's totally unnatural for a moon to randomly come. If Chronopolis comes, Dinopolis comes. There is nothing else that came to counter the moon. So if Terra Tower came with the moon, then so would the sea, the land, those other little towers etc. But if it is like the script said that the planet had and only brought in Dinopolis to counter Chronopolis, then thats all that it did.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Harle
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 02:07:56 am »
But I still don't understand how that fits "What once was lost"

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Harle
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2006, 04:24:18 am »
Quote from: Zaperking
The only thing here is that Belthasar said that it never existed in his world, which would mean it wasn't there in 2300AD, or in 12,000BC.

Because both timescapes were before the Time Crash.

"What was once lost had been found"

Quote from: Belthasar
Like the second moon
   that once was lost,
   but later was found...

He meant it was lost from the Reptites' dimension and later found in the Humans' dimension.

if Terra Tower came with the moon, then so would the sea, the land, those other little towers etc. But if it is like the script said that the planet had and only brought in Dinopolis to counter Chronopolis, then thats all that it did.

Maybe the Planet CAN'T make that much matter pass?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Harle
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2006, 04:48:56 am »
Add Gaea's Navel in the equation and you get something really mysterious and complicated.

Zaperking

• View Profile
Harle
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2006, 06:59:14 am »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
The only thing here is that Belthasar said that it never existed in his world, which would mean it wasn't there in 2300AD, or in 12,000BC.

Like the second moon
   that once was lost,
   but later was found...

He meant it was lost from the Reptites' dimension and later found in the Humans' dimension.

if Terra Tower came with the moon, then so would the sea, the land, those other little towers etc. But if it is like the script said that the planet had and only brought in Dinopolis to counter Chronopolis, then thats all that it did.

Yeah, but it cant just randomly bring in a moon. And anyway, that was what I meant. Till Harle was created, the moon probably didn't appear.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Harle
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2006, 07:45:14 am »

Like the second moon
   that once was lost,
   but later was found...

Yeah, but it cant just randomly bring in a moon. And anyway, that was what I meant. Till Harle was created, the moon probably didn't appear.

I never said that. The moon was there before Harle appeared, and would stay there after and if she dies, because life-forms have no control over celestial bodies. God, even Lavos coulden't do that. Think for a moment, WHY should the moon appear when it's Dragon is born? That points to it that the moon is dependent upon Harle, which was agreed it isn't. Belthasar never saw it before because in all other timescapes he was BEFORE the Time Crash. Dinopolis just dragged one of the moons, somehow.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
Harle
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2006, 11:12:44 am »
Quote from: Chrono'99
Add Gaea's Navel in the equation and you get something really mysterious and complicated.

most interesting

in Chronopolis, when u stood on the map projection . . . that island remained there untouched as you saw the formation of the El Nido islands over the years

any significance?

Zaperking

• View Profile
Harle
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2006, 04:49:28 pm »

Like the second moon
   that once was lost,
   but later was found...

I never said that. The moon was there before Harle appeared, and would stay there after and if she dies, because life-forms have no control over celestial bodies. God, even Lavos coulden't do that. Think for a moment, WHY should the moon appear when it's Dragon is born? That points to it that the moon is dependent upon Harle, which was agreed it isn't. Belthasar never saw it before because in all other timescapes he was BEFORE the Time Crash. Dinopolis just dragged one of the moons, somehow.

Dinopolis had no moon around it when we saw it. The moon must have come in later. Taking the moon out with Dinopolis distrupts the equal exchance. Chronopolis coming and and Dinopolis couterbalancing. Chronopolis coming in with Dinopolis coming in and a moon to counterbalance is stupid.
And the moon simply appearing because of Harle does not mean it's dependant. It may be only a projection, and dissapear when the Dragon God is gone. Heck, the Dark Moon could be the Dragon God's celestial body, but Harle took it as her own when she was created by the other 6 dragons.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Harle
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2006, 05:21:24 pm »
Dinopolis had no moon around it when we saw it. The moon must have come in later. Taking the moon out with Dinopolis distrupts the equal exchance. Chronopolis coming and and Dinopolis couterbalancing. Chronopolis coming in with Dinopolis coming in and a moon to counterbalance is stupid.
And the moon simply appearing because of Harle does not mean it's dependant. It may be only a projection, and dissapear when the Dragon God is gone. Heck, the Dark Moon could be the Dragon God's celestial body, but Harle took it as her own when she was created by the other 6 dragons.

:? ? There were no moon above Dinopolis because it was the day...

Also, please explain your "Dragon God's celestial body" theory? The Dragonians created a plasma machine on the planet, not a gigantic piece of rock in the moon's orbit...

Zaperking

• View Profile
Harle
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2006, 01:08:23 am »
Well, I was simply meaning that Harle is the combination of all the Dragons, so she is literally the Dragon God. And the moon could be there because she appeared, and that 7th moon represents the final combination of all the dragons, and Harle is that motif for it too. Just like the Dragon God split into 6 elements and each had a celestial body, what Belthasar could have meant by "what was once lost had now been found" could refer to the Dragon God being split (which happened) but then being recombined in the form of Harle, who would do her job to free the others.

GreenGannon

• View Profile
Harle
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2006, 01:43:26 am »
Harle really isn't the combination of the entire sum of the dragons, since they co-exist at the same time. So she's not exactly the Dragon God, so much as she is...

Let's put it this way: You have all the Dragons, but you still have once piece that links them all together. Like a certain piece of machinery that connects everything else. Harle is that piece.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Harle
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2006, 03:39:43 pm »
Well, I was simply meaning that Harle is the combination of all the Dragons, so she is literally the Dragon God.

Ridiciolous. If she were all the Dragons, and a free Dragon at that, she could defeat FATE herself. Stop looking at that one unexplained quote as the basis of every theory. So far, you've brought two different theories, but they can't be both based on the same line.

Harle is the Dragon of the Dark Moon. I believe she did NOT merge with the Dragons, because the original Dragon God didn't have Harle, and you can't put 7 pounds in a box that can only carry 6, i.e, the Dragon God is already designed for six, and Harle, not having a Dragon-Form could probably contrinbute little. I should also note that Harle has less vitality and obvious strength and needs to wield a weapon, which just shows she's weaker than the other Dragons, meaning that she would, if not weaken, add a somewhat useless part to the Dragon God.

GreenGannon

• View Profile
Harle
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2006, 03:47:42 pm »
See, I don't look at it as pounds so much as I do fractions. The Dragon God was split into 6, so each dragon was 1/6 of the original. And say that the dragons donated part of themselves to the point where they created Harle, and everything was 1/7 of the Dragon God.

Granted, the power distrubution is *not* equal, since Harle is weaker than the other Dragons. However most of the dragons are weaker than the Sky Dragon too.

Zaperking

• View Profile
Harle
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2006, 04:34:07 pm »
Harle, in her own class, could easily wipe out any of your party members. Just look at her amazing stats.

Anyway, since Each dragon had to give a bit of their power to create her, she has the power of the 6 dragons, and hence became the 7th dragon with a part of the six powers of the other dragons and adapted to the Dark Moon, or was based off it.

As for her Dragon Form, the Dragon Gods wouldn't be stupid enough to make her a Dragon if they want to befriend Lynx (FATE whom they hate and want to take down) and get themselves freed.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
Harle
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2006, 07:42:35 pm »
Harle, in her own class, could easily wipe out any of your party members. Just look at her amazing stats.

granted i liked her in my party in that dimensional vortex event thing with Sprigg

but she really isn't all that good . . . the moon defense is ok though but my party rarely needs magic defense

i do like her as a character and because of her plot significance . . . but battle wise, i don't think she's all so great