Author Topic: Questions  (Read 7407 times)

TheOpposition

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2005, 03:26:13 am »
Quote from: Magus-X
Here's another question. When Crono and his party go to 1999 A.D. they fight Lavos and then they kill him the game is over, but if they beat Lavos at 1999 A.D. does that mean that the year 2400 A.d. the world won't be in debris in that year. It will be a regular world. They never show the year 2400 A.D. after Crono and his party beat Lavos.

If you mean that when Crono + Co successfully defeat Lavos at 1999ad. would prevent the ruined 2400ad. then yes.

==

I also do not believe that the Entity is the Planet either. I think what the game refers to as the planet, is just natural events. And maybe the Dragon God/God's.

I got the impression that Dinopolis wasn't forcefully pulled back by some Planet-Entity, but just a natural reprecussion due to Lavos pulling back Chronopolis into the past. The "Planet" hates humans, is not the planet itself, but all the other indigenous beings that did not benefit from Lavos's Evolutionary Engineering. The Dragon Gods are Angry for what they are doing to all the other life forms, because the humans really only Consume materials without giving anything back in return.

Now the Entity on the other hand, I think is some uber-time Traveller that somehow tries to influence the time line into his own personal Paradise. Or have the time-line what he "Dreamed" it should be :wink:
Maybe an even more advanced Chronopolis was forged in the new merged timeline, and they are trying to fix some mistake...

So many ideas for Chrono Break... Damnit SE, Make it, and make it good!

:roll:

Magus-X

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2005, 03:35:33 pm »
I'm hearing the word entity allot. What does it mean? And the word dinopolis means and the chronopolis if I spelled it right.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Questions
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2005, 06:01:05 pm »
The planet never specifically takes action agains the humans or voices its displeasure. It also owes a debt to them for saving it from Lavos. The only ones "speaking" for the planet are the Dragons.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2005, 06:56:03 pm »
The Entity was spoken off in CT, at the end of the Forest Restoration side quest.

Okay, its never explicitly stated that the Planet hates humans, but using that same logic, it never explicitly states that the Planet=Entity either.

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2005, 01:11:40 am »
it's ironic that there is so much debate over something that was briefly mentioned in one scene, and could've just been thrown in to make some connection to religion

Magus-X

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2005, 10:47:20 pm »
This question has to do with toma the explorer. In CC you meet toma in the year 1015 A.D but was he supposed to be in the year 600 A.D in CT?
That does mot make any sence. He also died in the year about 646 A.D or something like that. But why is he in the year 1015 A.D thats the question.

Sentenal

• View Profile
Questions
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2005, 11:34:04 pm »
Toma also had a decendant in CT...  I dont remmber about CC, but in CT, Toma's decendant was like Toma XV or something...  Cant remmber exact what number.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2005, 10:08:49 am »
Toma Levine lives in 600 AD, his descendant Toma XIII lives in 1,000 AD in Choras and by 1,020 AD has a child who's called Toma XIV and is stuck in Arni because he spent all his money or something.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Questions
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2005, 10:48:53 am »
Yea Toma! Woo!

Quote from: Shadow_Dragon
it's ironic that there is so much debate over something that was briefly mentioned in one scene, and could've just been thrown in to make some connection to religion

I dunno about that, if it was a connection to religion why would have the entity be at rest after Lavos was purged? It's not like if God got some people to get rid of the devil he/she/it would just roll out. I can see what you are saying, but that is more of a strech than what is the accepted norm.

Sentenal

• View Profile
Questions
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2005, 12:23:22 am »
I was looking over some script from CC, and found this line from Belthasar:

Perhaps we can consider what's happening as our planet's vengeance on us... To finally sweep away the unwanted humans from the face of the blue planet...

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2005, 08:12:41 am »
Quote from: Sentenal

Perhaps we can consider what's happening as our planet's vengeance on us... To finally sweep away the unwanted humans from the face of the blue planet...

When does he say this? I think the importance of this quote depends on the moment of the story. If Belthasar says this near the end of the game (Terra Tower?), we'd have to think about it, but if he says this rather earlier, he could just be lying to Serge. Like in the beginning when he says he doesn't know what caused Serge to cross dimensions.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Questions
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2005, 02:25:20 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99

When does he say this? I think the importance of this quote depends on the moment of the story. If Belthasar says this near the end of the game (Terra Tower?), we'd have to think about it, but if he says this rather earlier, he could just be lying to Serge. Like in the beginning when he says he doesn't know what caused Serge to cross dimensions.

It has to be later in the game, where else would it apply?

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2005, 03:11:03 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99

It's in Terra Tower

Do the games ever mention the entity besides that one scene, and in that one scene do they mention that the entity would be at rest when Lavos is destroyed?

Sentenal

• View Profile
Questions
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2005, 05:52:45 pm »
Yea, I think the only scenes where the entity is mentioned is the campfire scene, and the ending with the resting due to lavos getting beaten.

I found it while looking at all of Belthasar's lines, and I think it was around the Terra Tower part.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2005, 06:35:58 pm »
Aw so it seems the Planet really doesn't like the humans.

I've got a compromise though. Maybe the Planet liked the humans during Chrono Trigger but realized that they are "corrupted" only in the future of the new time-line. In the original 2,300 AD, the Planet couldn't really hate the humans since they were all passive and dying from Lavos anyway. But in the new future, humanity fully emancipates. They become pretentious and zealous (that's the word) towards all kind of life and the Earth itself (the Central Regime is a military state, there's probably pollution everywhere, etc.), so the Planet might have started to think they are corrupted and they ought to be destroyed just like Lavos was. The Time Crash might have definitely set up its mind.

It's kinda like the Planet is saying "wtf? we freed ourselves from Lavos together but now you're becoming like Lavos instead of enjoying Life! The Reptites wouldn't have do that"