Author Topic: Questions  (Read 7276 times)

Augenstein

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2006, 12:38:40 am »
I think Lavos was toying with them, and wanted to see what would happen if they lived. A lot like the sky dragon saving Serge's team from the incident in the dead sea.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2006, 03:14:14 am »
Quote from: Augenstein
I think Lavos was toying with them, and wanted to see what would happen if they lived. A lot like the sky dragon saving Serge's team from the incident in the dead sea.

In that case, the Dragon Gods were using Serge to destroy FATE.  It was entirely in the Dragons' interest to help Serge along in his quest.

Princess Marle

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2006, 02:14:35 am »
I have a question..Why did Nadia pick the name Marle ??? :? And why does Chrono not say a word ???? :?

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2006, 03:01:30 am »
Quote from: Princess Marle
I have a question..Why did Nadia pick the name Marle ??? :? And why does Chrono not say a word ???? :?

In the original Japanese version, Marle was named Marldia, and used the nickname Marl.  This was translated into Nadia and Marle.  I guess you could say Marle just liked the sound of it in the English version.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Marle

Crono is a silent protagonist, which are common in this sort of RPG.  Supposedly, it allows the player to fill in the responses for the main character.  Crono can interact with his teammates and does speak in an alternate ending, which suggests that he can actually talk, but I prefer the idea of a mute Crono.

sssssz

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2006, 03:04:12 am »
In the Japanese original, Nadia's name was Marled... er... Marldia. She picks Marle in the original too. Though, Nadia was probably because of that five letter limit... Some people might want to name Marle her real name, but Marldia is too long... or... something...

And Crono not saying a word is for player immersion. It prevents playedrs from going "What? I would NEVER say something like that! This game sucks!" I think. Seems like silent protagonist is something used often in Square games.