Author Topic: NEW CHRONO GAME!!  (Read 1160 times)

kennyj2003

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
NEW CHRONO GAME!!
« on: September 20, 2010, 12:32:59 pm »
 http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/09/gi-bio-cover-crow-06-530.jpg                       or so I hopped, I shit 3 bricks when I saw this magazine in my mailbox and had flashbacks of a certain someone and rushed to see what the cover story was about. DAMN YOU BIOSHOCK!

http://media.strategywiki.org/images/0/04/Chrono_Trigger_Sprites_Gaspar.png
And the actual magazine cover doesnt say bioshock3 to the left.

gatotsu911

• Guardian (+100)
  • Where Angels Lose Their Way...
    • View Profile
    • TAFKA (my blog)
Re: NEW CHRONO GAME!!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 06:01:59 pm »
I kinda doubt that a bombshell as massive as Chrono 3 would be announced A) in Game Informer and B) with a piece of art that only devoted series fans would even recognize as being related to the franchise at all. An announcement like that would be far more likely to show up at E3 or TGS, and would most likely be heralded by the iconic "C" and possibly some time-related motif.

kennyj2003

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 06:35:06 pm »
It was more or less a joke topic pointing out the similarities between this guy and gaspar. Makes me sad you had to be so formal about your post  :cry:

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 09:16:17 pm »
As much as I want to scold the creation of this joke topic, that guy does look strikingly similar to Gaspar. Without any info connecting the BioShock developers to Square Enix, I have to chalk it up to weird coincidence though.

On the other hand, it's probably instructive for us to imagine the possibilities of Chrono in a Western RPG mode. I guess Obsidian's actually partnered with Square Enix on at least one project, so the possibility is there. It seems much of the interest in Chrono is locked up in the western market, so it might be most natural for the franchise to be outsourced to a western developer. Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about that, but it is what it is.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 09:24:36 pm »
Whatever, they look really alike. :lol:
But that pose also reminds me of some Charlie Chaplin's old movies -- maybe it is too generic.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 12:46:56 am by utunnels »

gatotsu911

• Guardian (+100)
  • Where Angels Lose Their Way...
    • View Profile
    • TAFKA (my blog)
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 01:51:32 am »
Honestly, I doubt SquEnix would outsource another Chrono game. If they really wanted to make a quick-and-dirty sequel, they'd have done it by now. For as many questionable practices as they undertake nowadays, I honestly believe that the reason they haven't made a third Chrono game is (at least in part) because they haven't been able to assemble the proper developers. If it gets made, I am certain it will be made by Hiromichi Tanaka and his team.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 10:51:05 pm »
Cool fake news.  :picardno