Author Topic: To the Temporal Flux team & RPGOne - Thank You!!  (Read 1578 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
To the Temporal Flux team & RPGOne - Thank You!!
« on: September 07, 2005, 01:17:44 am »
After the big birthday bash only a couple weeks ago, some fans have been questioning the future of Chrono Trigger. Even if Chrono Break is made, the first game will still stand out as the one that created a dynasty and a huge influence on the RPG genre. Like the classical worshippers of antiquity, gamers will still pay respects and attention to the source of such quality. It's no surprise then that Chrono Trigger is still being rejuvenated and rediscovered! Leading these efforts clearly and boldly are the Temporal Flux team and RPGOne, who are retranslating the game.

Thanks to Chickenlump, JLukas, and Geiger, players can now edit the ROM to suit their whims and fan project aspirations, and because of Sky Render, ChrisRPG, and Phantasia Knights, players will have the chance to play Chrono Trigger as it was released in Japan. The thought of all the text Woolsey cut, censored, or accidentally altered is riveting, especially to Chrono theorists, who can't wait to find juicy plot points that have been long kept hidden behind the barrier of language! The event will be a veritable rebirth, and because of the efforts of these two groups, I wish to honor and thank them on behalf of the Chrono Compendium. Here's to you!

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 10:55:11 am »
Edit: Never mind  :shock: .

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 04:22:57 pm »
i know i'm looking forward to the retranslation, i'll get to beta test it to make sure no bugs will be in the final, even though few do escape. Right now chris is really busy, but sky has been translating away with the script along with DQ3. So it could take a while for CT to be released.

Magus-X

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 09:14:23 pm »
Great job guys. Still I wish I was part of the team.

Eggith Cyrene

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 10:20:42 pm »
I love the fact that people have the dedication and enourmous love of the Chrono Series to do something like this. But it dosent NEED a retranslation.

RpgONE's retranslation of Final Fantasy 6 was NOT as good as the US localization. Now for a goal to retranslate a game in which you calaim that something was missing thats a death knel. It accomphlished the exact opposite of its intended goal; making the game more confusing instead of vice versa.

But yeah i think Dedication like this should be covered by this site but I wouldent jump into bed with RPGone and decare this the "bestest thing evar!!!!!111111111 yowza"  untill you actulary compare the two Versions. Try it with ff6 you'll see what i mean.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 11:22:23 pm »
Quote from: Eggith Cyrene
I love the fact that people have the dedication and enourmous love of the Chrono Series to do something like this. But it dosent NEED a retranslation.

Yeah, who needs the other half of the script, right?

RPGOne's FFVI retranslation is fine...It's just a more literal translation. The sentence structure for every single sentence may not be perfect, but it's not difficult to understand...Plus there are quotes and other crap that were just plain taken out...Call me a purist if you must, but I thought it was good to see the game more as it was intended by it's creators than how Woosley was (at least partially) forced to show us...

edit: Just to add, ChrisRPG (or I think it was SkyRender, I barely distinguish now that they're on the same site O_o) has stated that they knew their translation was dodgy in it's structure and that they've learned from it and grown...I think that even if you didn't dig FFVI's, then there's still quite a lot of hope for CT's.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 11:39:46 pm »
I can't wait...

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 02:19:44 pm »
RpgONE's retranslation of Final Fantasy 6 was NOT as good as the US localization. Now for a goal to retranslate a game in which you calaim that something was missing thats a death knel. It accomphlished the exact opposite of its intended goal; making the game more confusing instead of vice versa.

People just want to see how the Japanese version is (without censorship, with the text that was cut out, etc.). Whether this version is better or not than the American version is a different point.

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 06:35:41 pm »

there are future plans to redo the retranslation of FF6 as sky has told me.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 11:36:36 pm »
In FFVIj, they replace witch with bitch, I always thought that was funny.

Quote from: imperial soldier
Give us the magitek bitch!

Quote from: Edger
You mean that bitch?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: