Author Topic: Movies thread  (Read 8785 times)

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
Re: Movies thread
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2009, 01:46:05 pm »
wait i thought this thread was about movies.
i havent seen a good movie in a while. id love to go to a theater just to see one though. theater seats are comfy, and i love movie theater popcorn with a passion.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2009, 01:48:30 pm »

yes, what made you think otherwise?

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2009, 01:50:42 pm »
I found that Kenshin mostly fell apart somewhere in the third season, myself, but the Kyoto arc was kickass (and I don't often say things like that about long shounen series).

(Yeah, I watch a lot of anime.)

The "third season" of the anime was all filler arcs done without the oversight of Watsuki. As a rabid fan of the series, the ending to the anime pissed me off almost as much as Samurai X: Reflections did(there, its a movie thread again).

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2009, 02:06:23 pm »
yes, what made you think otherwise?
Not exactly a movie, but an anime series...
and thus the topic went downhill.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2009, 02:16:15 pm »
ah. i tried bringin it back. did you guys know they're still trying to make a jurassic park 4 and remaking nightmare on elm st?

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2009, 02:17:37 pm »
Went to see 9 yesterday. Very good movie. There were some things that I didn't like about the plot, but it was overall very forgivable. Some say that it really needed to be longer than 70 minutes. I think they just ran out of money XD;. Maybe when it gets released on DVD, it will have more scenes? I give it 8/10.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2009, 05:00:43 pm »
9 is what I'm thinking of going to see for my b-day this weekend(wait till it's been out for a bit also so little kids don't bug me, think i said this before).
And what most people don't know is that it's based off a 10 minute short.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL5kOCrXnZ8
Warning, the 10 minute thing could seriously spoil the movie for you since the 2 are apparantly the same for the most part just the movie is the short done for all the characters rather than a few (originally there was only 9 and 5).
I guess if you want a movie, it's possible to just make something for fun and hope a big time producer happens to be bored surfing Youtube when he stumbles on your video :lol: .

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2009, 10:56:50 pm »
So I just saw Clockwork Orange for the very first time a couple minutes ago and...wow.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2009, 11:04:37 pm »
So I just saw Clockwork Orange for the very first time a couple minutes ago and...wow.

Wow good or wow bad?

( I assume "wow" good but ya never know. )

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2009, 01:50:13 am »
i love the futility theme of clockwork orange. at the end, how the "man" creates the very monster they think they're destroying. trying to be vague and specific so as not to ruin it for people who havent seen it but those who have should know what i'm getting at.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2009, 06:41:29 pm »

I've seen A Clockwork Orange.

To me, it's one of the best films out there that reveals a true-to-life insight of the human condition, especially when it comes to finding means to fighting inner-city crime.

Psychological warfare, aversion therapy, etc. are, to the government workers, a means to an end, which is to instill nausea and distress at the very thought of crime or appalling actions.  Apparently, they got what they wanted, at the cost of having the protagonist being stripped of any ability to choose good over evil. 

Anyway, that's my viewpoint of the movie.  Awesome novel, too.  The adaptation was a success.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2009, 07:08:36 pm »
I need thoughts.
A friend is trying to convince me to see because it's good, Gamer.
I'm convinced it's made simply for today's "gamers"(frat bos who think they know what they're talking about cause they play Halo and Call Of Duty and Madden), that the plot seems like it's been done repeatedly(from what they show, and I can assume I know the plot since), and the trailer seems to spoil a good amount of it. To top this off, I've found movies that have musical artists as one of their big roles don't turn out good. Haven't seen one example of a music star turn actor/actress have a good movie. When they're the lead I mean. On top of this, Gerard Butler seems ok, but not much for a lead. I've just gone through a list of about 30 of his movies, only like 6 or 7 were actually good. This is me. Anyone think they can convince me to see it? Or am I gonna be hearing about this til it hits rentals and I see for $1 rather than the usual totaled up $25 for ticket, drink, food, etc?

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2009, 07:22:50 pm »
i actually want to see gamer. im interested in it.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2009, 07:25:02 pm »
Well, let me put it this way (courtesy of Rotten Tomatoes):

"If you are a gamer, and like shooters, science fiction, action, and wouldn't consider gratuitous boob shots gratuitous, you won't feel short-changing on leaving the cinema after watching Gamer. "

Other than that, it's been my experience from watching movies based on playing console games that they leave plenty to be desired, so save yourself a headache and your hard-earned money.  It's not worth it.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2009, 09:54:55 pm »
"The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultraviolence."