Author Topic: Terra Tower Question  (Read 2501 times)

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Terra Tower Question
« on: September 14, 2005, 10:30:38 pm »
Today I went up Terra Tower (all the way up to the point where you go and fight the Lunar Dragon.), and I remember entering a room that brought me to, of all places, the upper left tower of Viper Manor, where as you remember, Belthasar's there along with the "ghosts" of young Crono, Marle, and Lucca, where you're told more about Chronopolis vs. Dinopolis. And then they all disappear (well, the ghosts do at least. I'm not sure about Belthasar...). Once you're back in Terra Tower, if you try to go back there, it changes into the correct path up the tower again.

Are there any theories on this? I did a search and couldn't find anything, and it's been bugging me ever since I saw it (at first I thought it was FATE, but then I remembered Fate was dead so...)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Terra Tower Question
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 09:51:39 am »
I always figured that Belthasar created the illusionary Viper library.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Terra Tower Question
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 12:54:43 pm »
How did he make his way to Terra Tower?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Terra Tower Question
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 01:21:59 pm »
The Neo Epoch or Magic.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Terra Tower Question
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 04:07:22 pm »
I spoke of this...

A. He probably teleported.
B. He made a path you can see to a point that dosen't exist, and deletes a path that does. It was done in one of the scenarios of RD.

SolidSnake_8608

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Terra Tower Question
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 07:47:13 pm »
Belthasar did do some crazy stuff, so it doesn't surprise me that he could make an illusion of Viper Manor on Terra Tower.  He's magic man!

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Terra Tower Question
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 04:59:30 am »
He's a fearsome warrior who managed to force his way despite all the monsters.

Kazuki

• View Profile
Terra Tower Question
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 04:43:37 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
The Neo Epoch or Magic.

I thought you saw the Neo Epoch and it was completely wrecked (you can also see this on the back of the jewel case)...

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Terra Tower Question
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 06:24:01 pm »
No, the Neo Epoch is being taken apart for whatever reason. Maybe it's being modified

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Terra Tower Question
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 10:36:41 pm »
Belthasar does have magic. It always seemed to me more of an illusion. Or maybe just like Serge's conscience with Belthasar in it.

Kazuki

• View Profile
Terra Tower Question
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 07:42:23 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
Belthasar does have magic. It always seemed to me more of an illusion. Or maybe just like Serge's conscience with Belthasar in it.

About the illusion: when you walk across the bridge to the tower, it does waver a bit in a dreamlike state, so in my mind it most likely is an illusion.

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Terra Tower Question
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 12:32:48 pm »
Quote from: Kazuki
Quote from: V_Translanka
The Neo Epoch or Magic.

I thought you saw the Neo Epoch and it was completely wrecked (you can also see this on the back of the jewel case)...

you have to remember that it is a time mechine, he could have went to that specific time with the neo epoch, and later went back in time, to viper manor where he either took it apart, or modified it

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Terra Tower Question
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 06:10:28 pm »
Just go to Viper manor in another world and check if it's still there before you fight the TD. If it's there, then he didn't use it. And It always did look wrecked to me.

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Terra Tower Question
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 06:40:47 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
Just go to Viper manor in another world and check if it's still there before you fight the TD. If it's there, then he didn't use it. And It always did look wrecked to me.
no no no you misunderstood, the main characters(from chrono trigger) have the vantage point, or the curse of not being able to specificly choose the time they wish to travel to... so theres always a current time which they arrive in, meaning they cant go back so far to the point where they would see them selfs doing things which you already did in the game.

my idea is that either he used neo epoch before your visiting viper manor, or after the games timeline, depending on if the neo epoch is being modified, deconstructed, or still being built.

Kazuki

• View Profile
Terra Tower Question
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2005, 10:43:06 pm »
no no no you misunderstood, the main characters(from chrono trigger) have the vantage point, or the curse of not being able to specificly choose the time they wish to travel to... so theres always a current time which they arrive in, meaning they cant go back so far to the point where they would see them selfs doing things which you already did in the game.

I believe you've sort of rephrased the axiom that deals with returning to specific time points via Epoch, so I agree.

Um, I don't quite understand your second statement, however...how could he have flown up there after the game's timeline, and why (this is how I interpreted it, anyhoo.)