Author Topic: royal families  (Read 4989 times)

satchel_dawg

Re: royal families
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 05:28:48 pm »
he would still exist in 600 A.D. because that happened in the past and he traveled to a different time. so if he left and went to another time than what would happen is that those same events in 600 A.D. would happen but he would disappear from that timeline, most likely people said he died. but in the end him traveling back in time wouldn't effect the things he already did.

Jonathan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 10:52:51 pm »
he would still exist in 600 A.D. because that happened in the past and he traveled to a different time. so if he left and went to another time than what would happen is that those same events in 600 A.D. would happen but he would disappear from that timeline, most likely people said he died. but in the end him traveling back in time wouldn't effect the things he already did.

What?

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 10:53:12 pm »
That's not how Time Travel works in Chrono Trigger.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 03:22:10 am »
he couldn't have a child during his youth but after he went back in time at the end of the game he could of had some child, because remember he didnt go back to the middle ages. so i stand to reason that eventuly he created the guardia bloodline. it just seems that everytime period has the guardia family except the kingdom of zeal. and you have to edmit both the guardias and zeals have many similarities.

Stop making assumptions.  Everybody knows that Magus only cares about his sister & he didn't give a damn about other people.   He spends much of his life searching for Schala after the game & he wouldn't waste a single second searching for her.  So why on earth would he waste his time making a family?

satchel_dawg

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007, 05:31:09 pm »
time can work many ways and plus it doesnt have to be magus, schala and serge could have had kids. i just based the theory off of the likeness of both families, and also in fact every timeline has a guardia except zeal kingdom . and time can work in many ways. like when ayla left 65,000,000 B.C. every guardia in time would disappear from history. and i never said it was magus i was just saying anythings possible in the realm of chrono trigger and chrono cross, billions of possibilities are possible.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2007, 06:23:40 pm »
IT STILL DOESN'T WORK.

For one thing, Serge is only born (atleast as we know him) because of the events of Chrono Trigger. Time Travel is predestined in the Chrono Universe like you're implying. Changes aren't made until they actually happen in real time for the time travelers. Thus, if Magus is wandering around time, then no Guardia royal line can exist in any time periods at all until he would actually go back and have them, if you're to be believed.

So it's impossible for Magus to be in 600 AD or in Crono's party and have any connection to the Guardia Line. It doesn't work. End of discussion.

satchel_dawg

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2007, 05:08:14 pm »
fine whatever, im just saying in general anything could happen not neccasarily serge, i was just and example or possibilty.
and plus if that wouldnt work for magus than when ayla left the prehistoric era than everything would disappear. i was just saying in the chrono world anything can happen, it all depends what the entity wants.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2007, 06:27:47 pm »
No, not everything is possible. The Entity is powerful, but it probably can't do WHATEVER it wants.

Besides, for all we know, the Guardia line runs through Kino and that any female suitor of his would've sufficed.

dankun

• Guardian (+100)
  • Male...female......what's the difference?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2007, 10:35:57 pm »
Besides, for all we know, the Guardia line runs through Kino and that any female suitor of his would've sufficed.

I am willing to bet that is actually the case. Otherwise there would be no other possible way to explain why the Guardia Kingdom would still exist without Ayla being there in the first place to start the royal line. Besides, in the moonlight parade ending Ayla hits Kino and calls him a 'dummie' when he mentions something about her being 'very strong' and then says that they should go back to their time. I never understood why she said that to him in the first place, being that it's such a random thing to say.

One way to interpret this is that she said it because she actually knew that she was not a distant relative of hers but that Kino in contrast actually is? Maybe she knew that he was cheating on her and that's the reason he mentions how emotionally 'strong' she is and in the end they find a way to resolve this and they still end up married (as seen in the psx ending)? Or maybe perhaps the men at that time were allowed to marry more than one, and Kino actually had a child with another woman before he met Ayla?

In any case, I disregard completely the possibilty that Ayla is Marle's 'distant ancestor'. Plus, when Lucca introduces them after bringring them before the King and they each say something about what Crono has helped them accomplish, only Kino is introduced as her 'kinsmen' excluding Ayla explicitly form the prospect of being related to her.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 06:39:51 pm »
Good points, every one. ^

satchel_dawg

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2007, 08:27:39 pm »
in the end what still bothers me is that there's no guardia line in the zeal kingdom, in every time period there is. it just makes me wonder, if they ever make a third chrono game they better explain the guardia bloodline somewhat better. :?

Jonathan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2007, 08:04:17 am »
in the end what still bothers me is that there's no guardia line in the zeal kingdom, in every time period there is. it just makes me wonder, if they ever make a third chrono game they better explain the guardia bloodline somewhat better. :?

Why is the Guardia line so important?

First off there's no proof that Ayla is part of the Guardia line.  No one in 65,000,000 BC calls themselves Guardia.   
Let's say that Ayla and Kino are part of the Guardia line.  The line goes on to the future.  So the guardia line does exist in the Zeal Kingdom...    They just weren't King and Queeb of Zeal...   They must've been some regular people that many many years later formed the kingdom of Guardia.

satchel_dawg

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2007, 09:29:35 am »
well it just makes me wonder. in every timeline you see some form of the guardia line including kino and ayla who atleast are somewhat related, but i wonder why there's no reletive of the guardia's in the zeal timeline.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2007, 06:10:42 pm »
Because the Zeal line got to power,obviously.

satchel_dawg

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2007, 01:03:25 pm »
that's not what i meant. what ii meant is in the future there's doan, in the prehistoric world there's either AYLA or Kino, in the past there's the royal line, and in 1000A.D. theres the royal bloodline. there is always some form of the famil not in power but there none the less, except in the dark ages. i just wonder why there are no form's of any of the guardia's no earthbound one's or enlightened ones.