Author Topic: Magus saving Kid in CC  (Read 3279 times)

Aspenvenom619

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Magus saving Kid in CC
« on: March 27, 2006, 02:24:17 pm »
In Chrono Cross when Kid is poisoned and you elect not to save her, a mysterious stranger shows up and has the antidote. Isn't this stranger Magus? You never see who saves her but the assumption makes sense. I haven't played the game in a long time but I swear there was a cutscene in the doctors office in Guldove with an annonymous cat that I'm guessing is Alfador

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Magus saving Kid in CC
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 02:52:16 pm »
I'm fairly certain about the event you are refering to, it was Norris who saved her.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
Magus saving Kid in CC
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 04:20:52 pm »
just confirming

it would've been nice though right?

i believe that Magus is looking over her in a way, but he must be middle aged by now

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Magus saving Kid in CC
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 04:27:33 pm »
Quote from: Magus22
just confirming

it would've been nice though right?

i believe that Magus is looking over her in a way, but he must be middle aged by now

Yes, it would be nice. Though with Magus, it seems he looks better with age, or atleast after the journey, he kind of lost that red eye, pointy eared look to him, kinda proven by Guiles appearance too.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Magus saving Kid in CC
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 05:04:05 pm »
Yes, his appearence with Magil (who is said to be 'handsome' with the mask off) seems to support this as well. It's definetly Norris who saves her, though.  One of the New Game+ Endings points to that direction.

The huge cat, by the way, is one of Mel's cats. But the encounter with Lynx the night before triggered Serge's phobia from large cats, and made her cat look like one of Lynx's Shadow Cats for several moments.

Kanata

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaiaonline.com
Magus saving Kid in CC
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 01:26:53 pm »
i don't  know i think Mangus is Guile b/c i mean he where's a mask so you don't know who he really is and the hair long and bluish-purple!!!

well it's a good theory !!!

Zaperking

• View Profile
Magus saving Kid in CC
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 06:39:54 pm »
Quote from: Kanata
i don't  know i think Mangus is Guile b/c i mean he where's a mask so you don't know who he really is and the hair long and bluish-purple!!!

well it's a good theory !!!

Magus was supposed to be Guile, but because Masato was lazy, he thought that having 40 characters and doing the Kid, Schala, Janus plot would be to hard. Lucca's letter was actually designed for his appearance.
Stupid shit characters destroyed Janus' plot =.=

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
Magus saving Kid in CC
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 10:48:57 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
Magus was supposed to be Guile, but because Masato was lazy, he thought that having 40 characters and doing the Kid, Schala, Janus plot would be to hard. Lucca's letter was actually designed for his appearance. Stupid shit characters destroyed Janus' plot =.=

I couldn't agree more. Though the events with Leah were interesting, but foolish. I didn't see the relevance at all. It seems as though it was hard to intergrate Magus/Janus into the plot. But I got to tell you . . . reading Lucca's letter in the end + hearing about "him" wathcing over Kid + that unknown character shadow in Luccia's room = some sort of strange feeling inside me that told me that "he" really is out there somewhere still searching for Schala or watching over Kid. I wonder how Kid felt reading about this mysterious Janus person possibly watching over her in some way.

Magus is just my favorite character, some may agree, for strange and passionate reasons. One thing that is amiss in my conclusions (sorry for going off topic) was in Lucca's letter, why did she refer to him as Janus instead of Magus? Was she trying to cover up identity or something?

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~catchRBFivy
Magus saving Kid in CC
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 12:17:38 am »

Yes, it would be nice. Though with Magus, it seems he looks better with age, or atleast after the journey, he kind of lost that red eye, pointy eared look to him, kinda proven by Guiles appearance too.

Wasn't there a discussion about why Magus looked the way he did?  I recall that many believed he used his dark magic to change his physical appearance so as to look more like someone the mystics would call their leader.  Others believed he "meta-evolved" into a batlike demi-human or something along these lines.  Anyone have a link?

Zaperking

• View Profile
Magus saving Kid in CC
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 02:52:19 am »
Quote from: CatchRBFivy

Wasn't there a discussion about why Magus looked the way he did?  I recall that many believed he used his dark magic to change his physical appearance so as to look more like someone the mystics would call their leader.  Others believed he "meta-evolved" into a batlike demi-human or something along these lines.  Anyone have a link?

That never happened to anyone in Zeal, nor Queen Zeal or Schala and no black innates either.

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~catchRBFivy
Magus saving Kid in CC
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 03:41:14 am »
I know, I didn't say I believed it, I'm just mentioning it to see if anyone knows what discussion I'm referencing.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Magus saving Kid in CC
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 07:55:35 am »
One thing that is amiss in my conclusions (sorry for going off topic) was in Lucca's letter, why did she refer to him as Janus instead of Magus? Was she trying to cover up identity or something?

She wrote Janus instead of Magus because, as far as Kid and Serge's party are concerned, Magus is a "just" a Demon Warlock King from the Middle Ages who rose among the bloodthirsty Mystics and led a disastrous war against Guardia. "Janus", although unknown to Kid, is a less "WTF-ish" name...
Quote from: CatchRBFivy

It may have been because of dark magic, but if it was it was surely a voluntary and slow process. Voluntary because, as said, other users of dark magic don't have their appearance changed, and slow because the "Prophet" put a mere cape and hood in 12,000 BC to cover his face, instead of quickly changing his look with magic.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
Magus saving Kid in CC
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 08:23:36 am »
Quote from: Chrono'99
She wrote Janus instead of Magus because, as far as Kid and Serge's party are concerned, Magus is a "just" a Demon Warlock King from the Middle Ages who rose among the bloodthirsty Mystics and led a disastrous war against Guardia. "Janus", although unknown to Kid, is a less "WTF-ish" name...

I never really thought about it that way. Thanks Chrono99! I am hoping that "he" still is somewhere watching over Kid or searching for Schala. Though I never really calculated age for Magus. He should be in his late 30s to early 40s now, right?

Zaperking

• View Profile
Magus saving Kid in CC
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 10:16:14 am »
Quote from: Chrono'99

I never really thought about it that way. Thanks Chrono99! I am hoping that "he" still is somewhere watching over Kid or searching for Schala. Though I never really calculated age for Magus. He should be in his late 30s to early 40s now, right?

For a Zealian, or someone of his stature, and from what RD said, he may be in his 30s, but not 30s as in human wise. Besides having royal blood and the power to change forms (well atleast change other peoples forms), and if what Chrono'99 said was true, then he probably may look younger anyway, with an air of nobility.

Personally, I don't think Magus looks that warped. He may be pale if he stays in that castle all day, or maybe hes got that illness with the sun or something. The red eyes may mean that they're bloodshot, and the ears could be normal for Zealians. I mean, they must have a trait of somekind. They do in themselves say that they are distanced apart from the Earthbound ones.

But if it came down to, as Chrono'99 said, a voluntary process, i'd come to two conclusion.
Magus had to do it for his position with the mystic and Ozzie, though I believe that Magus, even as Janus, was always stronger than Ozzie. And Magus just outright showed him off and Ozzie didn't torture him or any of that bullshit.

And my other conclusion would be that Magus doesn't seem like a type of person who'd change just for the mystics. Personally, he seems to me in comparison to them that hes above them, so he wouldn't care what they think. Aslong as he has power, they worship him.

So yeah, Like I said, I doubt his appearance comes down to his dark magic. It may be voluntary, or just his appearance brought on by his sorrow (like if hes gothic in nature, he stays inside and gets pale etc).

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Magus saving Kid in CC
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 10:41:11 am »
Magus changed his skin-tone, eye color and ear shape to seem less human. The mystics would go crazy if they knew their leader was a human and not some mighty-god-kickass-magic Demi-Human. His looks in RD is Janus as he should look. Just like Schala is a beautiful woman, Janus is a handsome man.