Author Topic: Chrono Cross Alternate Reality  (Read 2629 times)

The Frog Knight

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Chrono Cross Alternate Reality
« on: January 20, 2006, 02:22:59 pm »
Simple really: Serge and co. only venture into two major realities. Why didn't they visit more (esp. if the multiple times in Chrono Trigger worked so well) and why aren't Crono and co. alive in the alternate reality?

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 04:20:47 pm »
Nothing states that they are dead(k, Ayla and Frog died prolly because of age), but maybe, Crono and Marle are fighting Porre on the Zenan main land, even after guardia fell. And for an alternate reality, you need a dimension split, which just occured once in CC, so there are just 2 "realities", but i don't know if you can call it alternate reality, it's just a diffrent dimension(2nd time spelled wrong).

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 04:56:43 pm »
~Sigh~ Why is it people keep thinking the world revolves around the Chrono Trigger party?

'Where is Crono, where is Marle, where is Magus?'

There are billions (At least MILLIONS) of other people on earth! Why should the game revolve around seven effing people?

A sequel for Chrono Trigger is for Chrono Trigger, not for the characters alone.

That said, let's see:

Robo is seen in Chronopolis, in the form of the Promoetheus Lock.  Lucca's dead. Ayla and Frog probably died of old age. Crono and Marle have other things to worry about, should they lived. I mean Guardia's freedom. And Magus is looking for little princess perfect.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 09:33:21 pm »
Umm, alternate realities dont need a split. The Reptite Dimension and Radical Dreamers proves that. Home and Another World are halves of one dimension.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 07:36:29 pm »
You know, alive is not what I would use in CT/CC... lets see now technically in CT there were many people in CT which would switch from dead to alive to not born through out the game...  In CC Serge is dead in one dimension... yet for the player that is all practically irrelevant.

For all we know Magus could be in the future or past... Seeing as Crono and Marle got married and then Guardia fell, I am pretty sure that they have to I dunno maybe create a resistance?  
After all, if you just lost the position of crown princess or married to her for the strongest empire in the world (which Guardia was pre Porre), you would be pissed that you just lost your power.  Might I make it notable that you just fought to save this country in the future...

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Cross Alternate Reality
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 10:08:21 pm »
Quote from: The Frog Knight
Simple really: Serge and co. only venture into two major realities. Why didn't they visit more (esp. if the multiple times in Chrono Trigger worked so well) and why aren't Crono and co. alive in the alternate reality?

Crono and Marle were involved in some sort of "incident."  That's all we know.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 03:07:39 pm »
Quote from: ChronoMagus
You know, alive is not what I would use in CT/CC... lets see now technically in CT there were many people in CT which would switch from dead to alive to not born through out the game...  In CC Serge is dead in one dimension... yet for the player that is all practically irrelevant.

For all we know Magus could be in the future or past... Seeing as Crono and Marle got married and then Guardia fell, I am pretty sure that they have to I dunno maybe create a resistance?  
After all, if you just lost the position of crown princess or married to her for the strongest empire in the world (which Guardia was pre Porre), you would be pissed that you just lost your power.  Might I make it notable that you just fought to save this country in the future...

Umm...they fought to save the entire planet, not just Guardia.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 07:16:42 pm »
Cause the war with Porre was that important, Martyr?

Anyway...

Umm, alternate realities dont need a split. The Reptite Dimension and Radical Dreamers proves that. Home and Another World are halves of one dimension.

Not that I don't agree, but for the role of Devil's Advocate, Radical Dreamers can be written off as a "What-If" storyline, like a fanfiction, while the Reptite Dimension could've been born of a split, since Repite Dimension is a dimension where Lavos never landed.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 07:48:09 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr

Guardia is part of the planet... and I think that they (Crono and Marle) probably cared more about Guardia than Porre, but still they were good hearted people who saved the world.
Does not change the point... Crono and Marle would probably be pissed if still alive seeing Guardia fall.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 11:03:29 am »

Guardia is part of the planet... and I think that they (Crono and Marle) probably cared more about Guardia than Porre, but still they were good hearted people who saved the world.
Does not change the point... Crono and Marle would probably be pissed if still alive seeing Guardia fall.

Obviously, but what I am trying to point out is that they didn't do it for Guardia. They did it for everyone.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 07:26:32 pm »

Obviously, but what I am trying to point out is that they didn't do it for Guardia. They did it for everyone.

Considering they did after seeing what happened in 1999 AD when Guardia may not even exist, and were fairly recently chased after by Guardian Guards.... yeah it was for everyone.

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Cross Alternate Reality
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 02:16:39 pm »
it would appear that in order to travel to another deminsion you need at least some form of contact with the catalyst for the splitting of the deminsions(in all the CC character's cases that thing is obviously serge) also the space/time distortions in CT where reduced to nothingness shortly after the destruction of lavos so the only way to travel through time was the use of the neo-epoch with was in disrepair. plus there the fact that they never needed to travel back and forth through time to achieve their objectives.