Author Topic: SE What do they know?  (Read 1935 times)

joemomma

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
SE What do they know?
« on: May 26, 2006, 02:46:53 pm »
 I was wondering while looking throught the hundreds of pages of info i printed off from the Chrono Compendium's encyclopedia, does SE or The Dream Team even know about this web-site? I meen it's just if they did know how much time and effort all of you put into the Chrono series, maybe, just maybe they would reconsider a sequel. Would it hurt the community to tell em about it? would letters be sent, website shut down? or would they get that burn for more money, and give us what we want? I just wanted to know what you guys know about the whole situation, and what you guys think about it.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: SE What do they know?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 03:22:26 pm »
While you're quiet right in saying that SE might consider this more if they saw the amount of work you must take one thing in mind-This is an American webpage, and games need to work in Japan before they work here-which is main reason SE isn't releasing CC. CC was a big flop in Japan, with the sales being lower than they anticipated-Now, in the US the sales had surpassed what Square had anticipated at the time. Now, that's probably because they set a low, but yeah.

As for the main topic-I think they HAVE seen it. Square has proven it does seek out sites and such regarding their projects-The Cease and Desist orders sent to the two biggest fan projects were evidence of it. I think they have also seen this page, but have never really payed it much heed, or rather, simply saw it as a fanpage and wrote it down on a list. Even if they do know how big this site is, I'm not sure they'd be excited-This happans with Final Fantasy and such on bigger scopes, with boards having 13 members at all hours of the day. Compared to these, the Compendium's community seems small.

Maybe SE has seen this site, maybe not. Regardless, though, I doubt this would sway their minds... At least not this site alone. They'll need solid proof a new Chrono game would give them big bucks. Otherwise, they ain't making a new game. 

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 04:41:40 pm »
They'll need solid proof a new Chrono game would give them big bucks. Otherwise, they ain't making a new game.

Solid proof...or enough desperation or lack of imagination. That is precisely why I feel that, given enough time, a Chrono sequel is all but inevitable.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 05:40:21 pm »
They'll need solid proof a new Chrono game would give them big bucks. Otherwise, they ain't making a new game.

Solid proof...or enough desperation or lack of imagination. That is precisely why I feel that, given enough time, a Chrono sequel is all but inevitable.
mean while, in the distant future

Grey: at long last Lord J! they have released a chrono game! Ack, heart attack! *dies*

Lord J: Yeah! *raises hand* ohhh my back!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 06:12:38 pm »
Wouldn't that be just our luck...

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 06:40:27 pm »
Wouldn't that be just our luck...
probably be around the time I actually got around to doodling some comic.... hell, I'm going go right now.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 02:52:39 am »

Too true. Square should concentrate mainly on original IP's, rather then on another sequel.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 08:42:54 pm »
Maybe SE has seen this site, maybe not.

Perhaps there are some SE people here in reality who visit, post, and examine our reactions towards topics and things.

Did the thought cross anyone else's mind?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 09:32:21 pm »

Perhaps there are some SE people here in reality who visit, post, and examine our reactions towards topics and things.

You got me...

~ Youichi Wada

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 12:27:44 am »

You got me...

~ Youichi Wada
Badminton tonight, right?

~ Jun Iwasaki

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 08:28:01 am »
And it turns out that Zeality is in fact Kato, and this whole site is just the plot making for the next Chrono game. Heck, CE isn't a fan game, it's the fourth Chrono game!

Oh my, I feel desecrated. Next thing you know one of is Crono who came to warn us of a big porcupine who can shoot nuclear blasts.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 09:29:15 am by Legend of the Past »

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 10:51:39 am »
Oh my, I feel desecrated. Next thing you know one of is Crono who came to warn us of a big porcupine who can shoot nuclear blasts.

Yeah about that... That would be me.  Turns out Area 51 failed at isolating and capturing Lavos so if suddenly massive needles fall from the sky and cause nuclear explosions, don't be suprised.  Its all part of the grand scheme of things.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 08:06:45 pm »

You got me...

~ Youichi Wada
Badminton tonight, right?

~ Jun Iwasaki

I knew it! I am fasting for Chrono Break as of 5-28-06!!!!!!!

joemomma

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2006, 02:45:51 am »
how do you guys think they would respond to a tribute game. With the Dream Team as the characters? they might make us a sequel then..

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2006, 07:40:16 am »
how do you guys think they would respond to a tribute game. With the Dream Team as the characters? they might make us a sequel then..
Haven't you ever played Oblivion or Morrowind! :roll: They will be disgusted, and attack you...and call the guards...and...giv- give me a sec...