Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 336403 times)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #3990 on: May 30, 2014, 12:40:15 pm »
That sure sounds bittersweet. Alas, it's the path we ended up with, at least we saw it through to the end.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: July 07, 2014, 02:38:25 pm »
Congrats on getting the watch, Z. Hopefully it will be a reminder of all the good times you had here.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: July 18, 2014, 06:42:11 pm »
That's awesome Z!!!

I was one of those bidders lol was a couple months ago haha

Ended up using that money to fix up my car, so in the end it was okay :D

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3993 on: July 31, 2014, 08:03:07 am »
Are you sure it has died? :P

The community has influenced my artistry and has helped me develop new skills and insights at speeds I could not have imagined. In fact, much of my artistry today is based on what I learned through the games and even through this community.

Chrono as a "community" may have perished, but might have transformed into different things based on different interests too. With all the newer artforms emerging, it's even possible to salvage all the good stuff into a spiritual successor (not necessarily a game; I’m talking about a community beyond Chrono). Something that isn't tied to a leash of sadist corporate interest, something that roams free in artistic appreciation.

I still love the Chrono games. I still want to make those animations, once I buy a new system. Though, right now, I also have a greater heaven in my eyes.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: April 23, 2018, 11:57:03 pm »
Lord J requested we perform necromancy on old threads, so I'm bringing back one of the best (y'all beat me to the "Amusements" one :P).

I'm currently LOVING So Delicious's Blueberry Cardamon ice cream. It's just soooo gooood...

Also. You guys. This is the first time in years where I had to read back four pages of new posts. In a single day!!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: April 24, 2018, 12:28:02 am »
Also. You guys. This is the first time in years where I had to read back four pages of new posts. In a single day!!

The feeling is mutual, brother (or sister, or whatever).

So Delicious's Blueberry Cardamon

Had to look this bad boy up. Dairy free, eh!? My mom turned sixty today, so I am loaded full of BBQ and overly sweet carrot and red velvet cakes. I don't think they have So Delicious here in my corner of the country.

Also: TIL what cardamon was. :D

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: April 24, 2018, 01:02:40 am »
Yep! I'm actually on a slow transition to a plant based diet, so I'm trying out more alternative foods. So Delicious is my favorite non-dairy ice cream so far. Too bad it's usually $5 for just a pint! :o

I also just recently tried their No Sugar Added Vanilla Bean, and I'm honestly not sure how it can even be labeled as a dessert. It has practically no sugar and forty (40!) grams of fiber in the pint! And yet it tastes so good??

I want some red velvet cake now too...

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: April 24, 2018, 01:10:15 am »
Yep! I'm actually on a slow transition to a plant based diet, so I'm trying out more alternative foods. So Delicious is my favorite non-dairy ice cream so far. Too bad it's usually $5 for just a pint!

I was a vegetarian for about 4 years. No soda during that period, either (although I did drink a lot of sparkling water and blue raspberry Kool-Aide). I understand the challenge!

I ended up not missing meat too much, although I did crave chicken occasionally. Once day a group of us went and got hibachi and I caved and got the teriyaki chicken and left the vegetarian lifestyle. Alas!

I mostly try to do the "flexitarian" diet nowadays. I try to keep meat out of the home and mostly eat plant-based foods when at home, but when I eat out it's fair game. I don't particularly like fish, so that makes eating healthy even more of a challenge.

I commend you!!!

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: April 24, 2018, 01:21:26 pm »
I commend you both, I could never go vegetarian. I had gastric bypass in 2009, so if I don't get enough protein my hair starts falling out like crazy. Besides that, I really LOVE meat. Ha ha!

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3999 on: April 29, 2018, 09:21:05 am »
Ponyo

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: April 29, 2018, 10:49:30 am »
I disagree with vegetarianism on a number of points, including its effectiveness as a diet.

if you want to get healthy, I would recommend a semi-vegetarian diet, which is mostly plant-based but includes chicken and fish. of course, you should also cut junk food, fast food, and soda. that way, you'll get the nutrition you need, while avoiding the trans fats and high fructose corn syrup that lead to widespread obesity.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #4002 on: May 04, 2018, 11:10:55 pm »
I am looking forward to that.

Maybe a Sakura Quest movie too? Please?

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4003 on: May 09, 2018, 09:23:52 am »
Something to inspire people, especially given some of Z's own posts.

Remember that the epic of Mahabharata, as long as it might be to actually read it, took even longer to finish it. How long? I'm not talking about a person's lifetime long. 

I'm talking about the rise and fall of many empires long. Yeah, it really did take that long. It took centuries for the project to go from its initial chronicles to its final form in the Gupta era.

So if you love something old, don't let it go. If you believe something that you love is incomplete, maybe you're the one who might end up completing it.

--------

Maybe a Sakura Quest movie too? Please?

Added that anime to my "Plan to Watch" list.  8)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 10:28:14 am by tushantin »

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #4004 on: May 09, 2018, 01:08:14 pm »
Something to inspire people, especially given some of Z's own posts.

Remember that the epic of Mahabharata, as long as it might be to actually read it, took even longer to finish it. How long? I'm not talking about a person's lifetime long. 

I'm talking about the rise and fall of many empires long. Yeah, it really did take that long. It took centuries for the project to go from its initial chronicles to its final form in the Gupta era.

So if you love something old, don't let it go. If you believe something that you love is incomplete, maybe you're the one who might end up completing it.

I've been working on Hi-Tech for the better part of a decade.

Added that anime to my "Plan to Watch" list.  8)

If you haven't already seen it, check out Hanasaku Iroha too.