Author Topic: Another theory about Lavos that MAY be interesting  (Read 18195 times)

dreamaddict

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Another theory about Lavos that MAY be interesting
« on: March 12, 2006, 07:52:09 am »
I haven't read every post on the theory of Lavos and his motivations.  So maybe I am saying what someone else has already thought of.  But consider this:

Perhaps Lavos has a dream.  A good dream.  That once he collects enough DNA, he will undergo some sort of ultimate transcendent experience of time, space, and consciousness.  That he realizes that all life, while unique and special in it's own way, is all pieces of a puzzle.  And he has a dream of something glorious, a dream of what you get when you put the whole puzzle together.  Perhaps he is a monument to all of the wonder and magnificence of life in the universe.  And maybe he thinks, yeah sure, if you are going to make an omelet, you will break a few eggs.

Maybe, just maybe, if enough DNA is accumulated, he will have enough power to BE God.  To remake the universe in whatever image he chooses.  Since he loves DNA, and power, and life, he will remake the universe in the best possible way, to glorify and nurture life.  Perhaps the original timeline, where he eats Earth and then some other planets, where he finally completes his transformation, is just a step in his process.  Once he accumulates the ultimate power, he remakes the whole timeline so that he NEVER ate anyone, so that everyone lives the best and most fulfilling life that they possibly could.  Maybe he is an aspiring Entity, with good intentions, who is misunderstood at a somewhat gruesome stage of his journey of evolution and growth.

Who knows.  I was just thinking, a creature like that might have an agenda that would be understandable as a logical process, only it would be dealing with concepts and forces that would be near impossible for humans to understand.  Perhaps on the level at which he operates, he actually has good intentions.  Like trying to explain to your cat or dog why  sticking a needle in them will do them good in the long run.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 06:23:26 pm »
Well, its surely an interesting theory, but it can't really be proven, or disproven for that matter.  This seems like something that belongs in a fanfic more than anything else.

sssssz

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 06:35:16 pm »
That's how I see Lavos also... For some reason, I see Lavos as a hero with heart of steel who will unhesitatingly kill a thousand to save a million (or rather, kill many planets capable of supporting life and trillions and trillons of souls to save the universe.)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 06:51:18 pm »
The problem is that Lavos doesn't seem to be a single, unique being. He seems more like a part of a particular species which collects DNA and passes it to spawns who migrate and repeat the cycle. All the Lavos Spawns on Deak Peak are potential "big" Lavoses.

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~catchRBFivy
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 07:09:20 pm »
Yeah, the Lavos spawns shoot this theory to shit.  Lavos is obviously not concerned with saving the universe and becoming a god.  He is just doing what he can to survive the longest by killing others to produce offspring, just like all other life on the planet.  He is just at the top of the food chain and we, humans, were pissed off.

sssssz

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 07:33:27 pm »
Have we seen any other "adult" Lavoses? The spawns may be something Lavos learned from Earthlings. Lavos could have been "Hey, now that I unraveled these animals to their most basic unit, let's take a look at what these guys can do... Oh, what's that? Reproduction? Nifty! Maybe I should try it a few times before I integrate it into my plan!"

...of course, with such enigmatic creature as Lavos, everything could be right and everything could be wrong. Who knows, maybe Lavos transforms into a carebear when you feed it after midnight.

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~catchRBFivy
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 07:37:26 pm »
But if Lavos was trying to achieve perfection through evolution, why wasn't he capable of doing so sooner.  He had to have come from somewhere and was probably already capable of asexual reproduction.

sssssz

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 07:41:56 pm »
Maybe nothing else in the universe reproduces? :wink: We shouldn't expect utterly alien life forms to be like us. Chances of another life form even resembling the Earth's life form would be smaller than a computer being built by itself after a big electric storm in a trash heap size of America.

Also, consider this: Lavos can mess with time. Lavos spends 65 million years in Earth and finishes his job. Rewind time. Go to another planet. Spend about trillion years there. He collects the DNA. Rewind time. Repeat. There really isn't a need for another Lavos out there, I think. It'd only trouble Lavos... its offsprings could turn against the progenitor.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 08:47:04 pm »

So you're saying that all life forms except Earth are frickin' Immortal and transcend the Second Law of Thermodynamics? You're saying all life except Earth can probably trace their individual life back to the Big Bang?

Also, I don't think Lavos can actually REWIND time.

sssssz

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 10:25:07 pm »
Nope. Nothing would be "eternal." Just... they would use a method we can't possibly understand. After all, there's magic in Chronoverse. That alone could just screw entropy over. (Hell, magic can even bring life back to a corpse.)

...grr. I'll shut up now. Feel free to ignore me. I'm a fan of esoteric (read as: thoroughly fscked up) sci-fi.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006, 07:43:32 pm »
You're saying only Earthlings reproduce, and yet there is no way that the original members of any other race but Earth's could survive the entirety of their planet's existence. It's insanely stupid.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2006, 10:24:33 pm »
well let's not got that far

anything is possible

imagination and speculation is the best of us

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 06:46:42 pm »
It is stupid. Lavos' lifespan is supposed to be a testament to his insanely awesome powers. For alien beings to go without reproducing, they'd have to have lived since the dawn of their race, which is implied to be impossible without magical aid or sapping the life energy of an entire planet like Lavos does.

Yes, aliens are supposed to be different, but not THAT different. They still need to reproduce, eat (in whatever way), excrete waste, mate, respirate, and so forth.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 07:08:36 pm »
When speaking about what Lavos does with the planet and its DNA, Lucca says the Lavos Spawns will fly to other planets to repeat the "cycle". There would be no "cycle" if the game's Lavos were the first one of its kind to have done what he did.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 07:13:03 pm »
Quote from: sssssz
Maybe nothing else in the universe reproduces? :wink: We shouldn't expect utterly alien life forms to be like us. Chances of another life form even resembling the Earth's life form would be smaller than a computer being built by itself after a big electric storm in a trash heap size of America.

totally agree ^ ^

we have yet to kno what is really out there