Author Topic: Future Home and Future Another  (Read 1608 times)

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
Future Home and Future Another
« on: January 15, 2009, 06:45:03 pm »
So after the unification of the 2 time lines, is it possible that the futures in those time lines were thrown to Time's Eclipse?

chrono eric

• View Profile
Re: Future Home and Future Another
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 06:46:07 pm »
Yes, as per our current theory on the reunification literally happening at 1010 AD when the split initially occurred, then both the futures of Home and Another World are sent to the DBT, being replaced with the new future of the Ideal Timeline.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 06:54:12 pm »
Ok, eric since it seems your the only one nice enough to answer my questions, all of those people are in the DBT? Because I so I'm sketching a picture for chrono brake.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 06:57:15 pm »
Quadrillions of people are in the DBT.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 07:01:02 pm »
It depends on what the "DBT" actually is. In Cross and CTDS, the characters travel to inside the DBT, but it seems to only be a spherical region of the DBT that the Dream/Time Devourer exists in. Presumably the Darkness Beyond Time is a place where all lost information goes to, and the people that are sent there do not literally live out the rest of their lives in the DBT.

Think of it this way - you are walking down the street one day but due to the actions of some other time travellers, beyond your control, you suddenly BAM cease to exist along with your entire time axis and are sent to the DBT. That's one way of looking at it. There are others. One thing is for sure though, I highly doubt that everyone that was sent to the DBT is having some sort of tea party together, or that the DBT exists as some sort of collage of discarded timelines. As for sketching what the DBT looks like, the best bet that you have is what is shown in Cross/CTDS.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 07:06:01 pm »
Once in the DBT, what exactly happens to you? I'm sure Lavos and Schala weren't the only ones who could live there once sent.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 07:18:39 pm »
Check out 6502x86's PTime thread. It is actually a pretty good theory regarding the DBT in that the DBT can contain information and spontaneously not exist in the universe at the same time.

Lavos/Schala are exceptions, and likely because both of them combined have enormous power over time and space.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 07:54:13 pm »
In my own fan ideas, I like to think that the individual "dreams" of people are preserved through a timeline change and just channeled to the most similar incarnation of life. Perhaps in the case where something destroys an entire future and all the life that existed in that future simply can't exist on that planet, they return to "Zurvan" and seep out into other incarnations in the universe. So nothing's "lost."

This is just my fanciful idea, so it's not quite analysis.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 08:33:25 pm »
I had a similar idea, actually Zeality  :D - but it's just my own personal bias since it seems rather universally cruel to shunt entire consciousnesses to the DBT.

Eske

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 08:52:58 pm »
Check out 6502x86's PTime thread. It is actually a pretty good theory regarding the DBT in that the DBT can contain information and spontaneously not exist in the universe at the same time.

Lavos/Schala are exceptions, and likely because both of them combined have enormous power over time and space.

This is something always bothered me.   The DBT holds dead timelines, right?  These dead timelines contain static information.  Essentially changing them wouldn't make any sense.  There isn't a DBT for the DBT right?
When Schala merges with the Lavos from the static, dead Lavos Timeline - she changes him,  they can't grow in a dead timeline together, so I would think that they simply "exit" the Lavos Timeline.

While the Dream Devourer is obviously inside the DBT, it isn't inside a dead timeline, it exists in the space outside, where the dead timelines reside.   This is my explanation for having to enter two gates to access the DD in CTDS:

1. The first gate takes you to 1999AD in the dead timeline. Here, Eclipse Magus tells us that this is the future where Lavos has been defeated.  yay support!

2. The second gate takes you to the space outside of the dead timeline.  This is where the DD resides - what was once static information has been changed, squeezing the new information out of its home timeline.

Of course, Serge accesses the "outer space" directly in CC.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 09:53:48 pm »
I figured Marle described it so she was alive, right? I figure it's just darkness and people just live there for eternity and never die or see anyone because they are all separated. Just despair. So I figured these people are conscious, my theory is dreams are there only way out side of the Darkness like Turnip was the dragoon's dream. Perhaps a war of dream people against the people of existence. That's what I am seeing for Chrono Brake.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 11:18:01 pm »
Yes, it is a troubling fact that Marle described it. If she wasn't pulled to the DBT, then intervention by the Entity is needed to explain this. If she was pulled to the DBT and Eske's current analysis of Marle's Paradox is correct, then we would need to explain why she was conscious of the DBT. It would seem to be a cruel and unforgiving existence for entire timelines filled with innocent bystanders to be shunted to a place reminiscent of hell.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 02:13:41 am »
This may happen on a case by case basis as well.

In the instance of Marle, her entire existance was shunted out by the time change.  Whereas many of the characters in Chrono Cross would still exist in either timeline, and presumably after the dimensional merger in 1010 halts both unique ones many of them would continue to exist.  In that instance the diffusion of the lost time through the primary timeline may occur like Zeality outlined.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 02:22:08 am by FouCapitan »