Author Topic: Some assistance with enemy unknown bits and bytes  (Read 3327 times)

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
Re: Some assistance with enemy unknown bits and bytes
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 05:15:01 pm »
Will it be possible to implement an enemy AI editor?

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 08:37:26 pm »
I don't recall a place where they used it, but they appear to have the capacity for it.

I stress the word capacity - In my test none of the other unknowns impact it, preventing a max MP from being set.

7E5FB0 - 7E5FEF is enemy one's in battle data.

I haven't charted much of it yet, but the first four bytes are current/max HP, and the next four are current/max MP - assuming the characters use the same structure in battle.

PC 1's is at 7E5E30 - 7E5E6F

Edit: What byte has the physical immunity?

A few months back I started a work-in-progress battle memory map thread that documented a part of this:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,5061.0.html

For those 7E5xxx addresses, there's 11 blocks of data: PC 1-3, Enemy 1-8.  Each block contains a merged set of PC and enemy stats and settings (more on this in a moment).

You are correct that when working with those memory addresses, there will be bytes reserved for things that do not apply to enemies.  Example, enemies should have Weapon/Armor/etc. equipped bytes.  The reason for that it allowed the programmers to use the same set of routines for both PCs and enemies for things that DO apply to both, like HP or status effects.  I haven't worked on this in a while, but if you add $80 to something in PC3's data from the thread linked above, you should now be working with that effect for Enemy 1.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 08:47:58 pm by JLukas »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2008, 12:41:41 am »
I plan on making an enemy ai editor in the future (unless someone beats me to it!)

Jp