Material Requiring Translation
The following documents need to be translated to achieve a greater understanding of the Chrono series. If you would like to volunteer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Your work will be invaluable in helping us crack the last few mysteries whose answers have been forever barred from Western audiences.
- Priority List
We're prioritizing the items below in this order. If you feel like volunteering, definitely start at the top if you can!
- Chrono Trigger V-Jump Preview 2
- Brut Press Volume
- Chrono Trigger V-Jump Player's Guide Interview
- Chrono Trigger Prerelease Coverage
- Chrono Cross V-Jump Interview Video
- Mitsuda interviews from Más allá del Tiempo
- Chrono Trigger OAV Manga
- Chrono Trigger Prerelease (Undecipherable Text from Earlier Builds)
- Youtube Another Eden and FF Interviews
- 1 Chrono Trigger Prerelease
- 2 Chrono Trigger
- 3 Chrono Cross
- 4 Chrono Break or Other Interviews
Chrono Trigger Prerelease
- Translated Text (CTP) (undecipherable portions from earlier builds); note that RyogaMasaki probably has translated this as well as will ever be possible at this point
Discusses workplace life at Square. Download here. Any help translating what is said would be appreciated.
It's around ~160 pages and intended for a young reading level, so perhaps it won't be as difficult to translate as other stuff. If possible, a scanlation would be mind-blowingly awesome.
- V-Jump Chrono Trigger Nuumamonja Manga (ZIP, ~247 MB)
NOTE: EVERYTHING THROUGH GATE 3 HAS BEEN TRANSLATED AT THIS TIME (PAGES 26-27.JPG). IF YOU'D LIKE TO HELP, START WITH 28, AND THANKS!
This guide is a goldmine of interviews and special features, including some early character sketches by Toriyama (see Official Art) for those.
Includes material on Chrono Cross, as well. We're hoping for something unique in here. The translations will be kept on that page.
Brut Press Volume, December 1994
A rip of a Brut Press volume from Dec. 1994 (sm21657890 + sm21628083 + sm21657890 -【非売品】ブルートプレス Vol 17 19). Contains previews for various Super Famicom and PC-FX titles. Chrono Trigger coverage starts at roughly ~15:43. Among the findings:
- Different dialogue box
- Different instrumentation for some songs (Chrono Trigger, Lavos's Theme, Battle 1 (very briefly))
- A possible demo version of Battle 1's percussion/drum track
- Mock-up battles (Goon on Zenan Bridge; Gato on the Blackbird)
Translation is hopefully forthcoming.
No transcription of the spoken text exists. The video isn't very long. It can be downloaded here (MP4, 22.2 MB).
Chrono Break or Other Interviews
Mas alla del Tiempo
The book Más allá del Tiempo was published in 2015 and later translated to French, containing interviews with Masato Kato and Yasunori Mitsuda:
The Kato interview has been translated:
The Mitsuda interview has not been translated to English. If any Spanish-speaking of French-speaking Chrono fans can provide the Mitsuda interview, it would be hugely appreciated.
We also need someone to watch these and provide the gist of any portions that talk about the Chrono series. A Japanese fansite that tracks interviews confirms they do, but the Chrono content is unknown.
- アナデンまつり2018春 アナザーエデン超感謝！祝リリース1周年生放送 (supposedly, Kato talks about Chrono Break on this one)
- FFXI もぎたてヴァナディール！第45回 （テスト放送付き）
From: Main Page