General Gameplay (CTP)
Chrono Trigger Prerelease
- Battle code isn't refined and battles are slightly slower and "flicker".
- 95% of techs are unfinished.
- You can't access the intro from the title screen by pressing L. This simply brings you to the file menu.
- No "ATB 2.0" screen or "enter a name" notice at the Crono name entry screen.
- Running animations don't seem to be as fast as in the final.
- The "Era" sprite remains on the world map screen regardless of character movement.
- You can't reequip characters not in your party in the prototype.
- Your character never idles on the world map, even though there is sprite data for such.
- Crono starts with Cyclone already learned.
- The Truce Mayor doesn't seem to give you 300G.
- Characters get this ugly blue palette when they are blinded.
- Ayla starts at a pretty high level compared to the final (23 versus 18).
- Wherever Robo's theme should be played, Frog's theme plays instead.
- The game will occasionally crash if you attempt to back out of the era select menu.
- Taking the Epoch to the End of Time will result in you getting stuck in a wall.
- Most of the game's events are (deliberately or otherwise) locked out and sealed off, by one of five methods:
- NPCs block the entrance, informing you that you can't go beyond this point.
- The area is completely empty.
- Automatic blackout crash.
- The game resets.
- The game loads the Crono Name Entry screen and forces a New Game.
From: Chrono Trigger Prerelease