This entry contains breakpoint addresses for use with Geiger's SNES9x debugger which can be used to easily find offsets.
- C01E18, Execute: Open a treasure chest to display its 4-byte data starting offset (F5Fxxx).
- C305EE, Execute: When entering a new room, displays address of each compressed packet loaded.
- C30569, Execute: When entering a new room, displays address of each compressed packet loaded.
- C305AA, Execute: When entering a new room, displays address of each compressed packet loaded.
- 7E1E01 - Write
Disassemble a little before the write to find what sound effect is played and where in the ROM the value for it is.
Example, in the menu, when you move the cursor left and right, the sound effect for that, using the breakpoint'ed address above, is located at C2EAC5 (snes address)
I've used it to find the sound effect values for techs, and other stuff as well.
Set a Execute breakpoint on C14658 to get the address of the 2 byte pointer for the animation script of the tech you want to edit.
Flip the bytes from your pointer around and put a CE in front of it to get directly to the animation script data for that tech.
I set an exec breakpoint for C14658. I want to find the animation data for Cyclone. The moment I do the Cyclone tech, I get this in the debugger:
$C1/4658 BF 00 00 CE LDA $CE0000,x[$CE:090D] A:0000 X:090D Y:0000 P:envmxdiZc
So, the pointer for Cyclone begins at CE090D. At CE090D I see 2 bytes: 17 09
I flip them to get 09 17 and put a CE in front to get CE0917.
CE0917 is the start of Cyclone's animation script data.
If you don't plan on moving or expanding the data, you might not want the pointer and just want the data.
Set an exec breakpoint on C14CC4 and do your tech. Doing Cyclone with this breakpoint gives me:
$C1/4CC4 B7 E6 LDA [$E6],y[$CE:0917] A:0000 X:0000 Y:0000 P:envMxdiZC
The animation script begins at CE0917.
This breakpoint also works for the regular attacks, like Crono's default sword attack. Breakpointing C14CC4 gives me:
$C1/4CC4 B7 E6 LDA [$E6],y[$CE:038E] A:0000 X:0000 Y:0000 P:envMxdiZC
CE038E is the animation script for Crono's sword attack.
- C070A6, Execute: X reg. +$360000 is start of location's palette sets (7 palettes $1E in length, total $D2)
Thanks to JLukas and Chickenlump