Author Topic: Ever gone to level ** in a single game?  (Read 920 times)

BFG

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Ever gone to level ** in a single game?
« on: November 19, 2012, 10:41:00 pm »
I'm currently attempting to hit level ** with all my characters, without utilizing New Game +.  I've also maxed out everyone on Power Tabs via Tubster, and am trying to be very strategic with the use of Magic and Speed tabs.

Having already gotten 99 Megaelixers, Elixers, Hyperethers, and all other battle-usable items, though, I'm running out of interesting reasons to keep leveling up...and my characters are only around 70 or so.  It's going to take a LONG time to get to **...

...so, has anyone else done it?

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
Re: Ever gone to level ** in a single game?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 01:03:48 am »
Yes, though being more of a story follower than a gamer, I used Action Replay.

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 12:57:43 pm »
Yes, though being more of a story follower than a gamer, I used Action Replay.

I'm a gamer, but I also used action replay to get to Level **. Excessive grinding in an RPG makes me feel like a lab rat pushing a button 100 times to get a treat. Especially since you're only like level 60 iirc by the time you finish everything and fight through the Black Omen 3 times.

It makes perfect sense to skip ahead if you just want to fight Nu Spekkio.

BFG

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 07:28:12 pm »
Yeah, I'll probably end up using PAR too.  I don't cherish the idea of leveling up 28 more times the "regular" way...particularly when I've already finished Geno Dome (one of the easiest places to gain experience).

Interestingly, I've noticed that--if you count up every single Speed Tab you can get in the game--you'll still end up 4 short of maxing everyone out at 16.  But that's assuming you keep both Magus and Crono.  If you don't keep Magus then I think you have enough to max every character.