Author Topic: So..the Chrono series has crossed time boundaries, and dimensional boundaries...  (Read 3156 times)

BFG

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
What new boundary/ies could the fourth in the series (if there ever is one!) cross?

Time and dimension?
Spacetime?
Quantum realities?

Personally, I think the idea of spacetime holds the most promise...what would a game where a team of adventurers who try to prevent Lavos from ever falling to Earth, or ever being created - i.e. stopping him at his origin - look like?

Synchronization

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 07:00:53 pm by Synchronization »

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Yeah, I'm thinking a fourth game would incorporate both time and space (think Radiant Historia).

Xenterex

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
The space projection would probably be the most effective approach.  Lavos, and such, came from somewhere.  And since Lavoids can reproduce, that means there's other realms that could be effective by similar means.  I could see the team that does Kingdom Hearts eventually taking over for a Chrono entry as the spatial elements and multi-world effects could work as a natural progression of elements already in Kingdom Hearts, but those would be fleshed out and more encompassing. 

I'd also be interested some eugenics or something in some of the playable character elements.  If characters/story are going to transend time, then idealizing, or some other influence in people could fit.

Synchronization

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 07:00:00 pm by Synchronization »

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Quantum realities.

As in, multiple realities, each with their own laws of physics. Gameplaywise, that translates to multiple battle systems within the same game.

One universe with CC's battle system.

One with Xenogears' battle system.

One with Final Fantasy's ATB.

One with a classic, turn-based system à la Dragon Quest.

One with an action RPG system.

etc.

And the final battle is fought beyond time and space against an enemy that can change the final battle's battle system at will.

And Gilgamesh makes a cameo as a fellow interdimensional traveler.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:52:34 pm by Chrono'99 »

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
What new boundary/ies could the fourth in the series (if there ever is one!) cross?

I was thinking of a time loop created as a direct result of how Chrono Cross ended.  The new story would involve finding a way to break the time loop and create an ideal reality from the pieces of the realities left behind.  That has always been my idea for a true sequel/remake.

ProtomanX904

• Earthbound (+15)
  • TINY MINISKIRTS!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
I'd also like to see the series let you travel through space. Perhaps with the Epoch?

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
Lavos' origin eh?

That'd make for something beyond interesting.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Totally ripping off DC, how about "Anti-Matter Universe"?  :D

Think about it: In the beginning, the world was in ruins. Then, Lavos fell upon the planet and rejuvenated it with life and peace. But three Villains of Time, finding all the flowers and hugging and celebrations to be absolutely disgusting, travel through time to make enemies with a talking frog who killed his best friend, a Robo corrupted by a virus and bent on destroying Mother Brain (who was tasked to "benefit humanity"), and a stone age lass who went on a murderous xenophobic rampage. In the Dark Ages, the Mystics / Fiendkind rebel against humanity with "love", not hatred, in order to help liberate themselves from slavery -- and this is where Magus comes in, the benevolent prophet and magician who dreams to "win" against his fate non-violently.

The only solution in this convoluted universe? The Blue Mohawk-haired Crono plans to destroy Lavos, the benefactor of the world, and "set things right" by watching people die.

nbp-raptor

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
here is an ad-hoc idea I had that needs more fleshing, but rather than boundaries of normal reality, (time, space, dimensions) what if the boundary broken is the walls to other games? think about it you wouldn't even need it to be confined to one console you load up your internet browser and start a new game, you receive instructions to play the latest Zelda game with a particular save file. you load up the game and instead of link crono and crew are now in the hyrule castle searching for the artifact that allows Gannon to continually ressurect which actually is a shard of the reality eater (a further evolution of the time-devourer). and so on, occasionally getting a flash video as a reward.

more thoughts on it later.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
here is an ad-hoc idea I had that needs more fleshing, but rather than boundaries of normal reality, (time, space, dimensions) what if the boundary broken is the walls to other games? think about it you wouldn't even need it to be confined to one console you load up your internet browser and start a new game, you receive instructions to play the latest Zelda game with a particular save file. you load up the game and instead of link crono and crew are now in the hyrule castle searching for the artifact that allows Gannon to continually ressurect which actually is a shard of the reality eater (a further evolution of the time-devourer). and so on, occasionally getting a flash video as a reward.

more thoughts on it later.
Would be neat, but probably only viable as a fan game. Square Enix has no rights to Zelda. Now, if they were stay within their own franchises (say, Final Fantasy), it could work. They did an OK job with Dissidia on that regard. In fact, there is some fan art floating around somewhere of Serge and Lynx as Dissidia characters.

Quantum realities.

As in, multiple realities, each with their own laws of physics. Gameplaywise, that translates to multiple battle systems within the same game.

One universe with CC's battle system.

One with Xenogears' battle system.

One with Final Fantasy's ATB.

One with a classic, turn-based system à la Dragon Quest.

One with an action RPG system.

etc.

And the final battle is fought beyond time and space against an enemy that can change the final battle's battle system at will.

And Gilgamesh makes a cameo as a fellow interdimensional traveler.
Can't believe I missed this one. There is crazy potential in a system like this. I can imagine too that a new game + would allow changing the battle system at will.

And why not throw Gilgamesh in a Chrono game? He fits so well. Have the gang be challenged by him at Zenan Bridge...

nbp-raptor

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
I had just used Zelda as an arbitrary game. it just happens to be one of my favs so it was just tossed out. I don't really see S.E. doing this so it would need to be a fan game as far as Rican see.

Berf

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Time travel itself can be reiterated in a new game in a completely different style than Trigger. For example, rather than covering eras, you could just focus on a single event that you have to manipulate. Suppose a global catastrophe occurs at autumn's end in 1200 AD. Then you could travel to 1200 AD in the spring, summer, autumn and winter (to use the seasons as a theme), orbiting around the catastrophe to try to prevent it.

As for actual new boundaries, there's always travel through outer space, but I don't think it's very interesting.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
I'd love to see an interplanetary detective game where you go to several planets in the far part and the distant future, guessing what you have to do and receiving a tailored ending specific to all of your choices. You'd control the ship in a "world map"style 3D rotating solar system and a storm concealing a large gate resides in both eras. It could cover a number of things including but not limited to the origin of lavos.