Author Topic: Live action roles speculation  (Read 1750 times)

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
Live action roles speculation
« on: August 24, 2011, 11:18:11 pm »
Belthasar - Richard Harris (R.I.P)
Chancellor - Alan Rickman
Glenn (Crimson Echoes-style human form) - James Franco
Glenn (frog form) - Warwick Davis
Magus (adult) - Sean Bean

... that's all I have
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 11:21:59 pm by Princess Schala Zeal »

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
Re: Live action roles speculation
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 02:20:04 am »
I'll link them if there's an image that would explain my reasoning best.

Melchior- Sam Elliot

Crono- Zac Efron

Gaspar- Anthony Hopkins

Dalton- Danny Elfman (Give him long hair and an eyepatch, and he'll be great. He's got the most evil rape face in the world.)

Magus- Christian Bale

Slash- The guy from the Old Spice commercials

Flea- Johnny Depp

Ozzie- Mike Myers

Queen Zeal- Mariska Hargitay (It's gotten more apparent that she's not exactly young, but she's still beatiful.)

Fiona- Jennifer Aniston

I could probably name a few more, but that would take forever, and I'm not exactly in the mood for forever.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 04:44:18 am »
Bob Newhart as Spekkio.
Zap Brannigan as The Chancellor.
Cate Blanchett as Crono's mom.

...STARRING IN...

TIME ENOUGH TO DIE

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 05:57:06 pm »
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 05:59:44 pm by Mr Bekkler »

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 05:59:51 pm »
For some reason I wanna see:
Matt LeBlanc as Dalton,
Morgan Freeman as Gaspar,
Michael Gambon as Balthasar,
James Marsters as Slash,
Bradley James as Cyrus.

Yes, Bradley James. He even looks like Cyrus/Dario!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 06:20:18 pm by tushantin »

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 07:22:33 pm »
well, I wouldn't want this for real anyway, Hollywood would do to Chrono what they did to Mario

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 04:21:31 am »
Indeed, Bradly James would make an ideal Cyrus.  He would also be a good candidate for a young Cedric Guardia, come to think of it.

I've already mentioned my casting choices for a live action movie in another thread, but here is a recap with a few changes in the supporting cast.  More important than their individual qualities is their ability to act in an ensemble.  Incidentally, these would also be good choices if the film were entirely CG animated:

Crono: Zac Effron                    (Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.)

Marle: Hayden Panettiere      (Honestly, there's no one else who comes even close to looking like a real-life Marle.  She would own this role.)

Lucca: Nicki Clyne                   (The most important member of the cast.  She turned a minor role in Battlestar Galactica into a fan-favorite.  She would bring a lot of thought and passion to this most iconic of characters.)

Glenn: Sean Bean - voice        (Glenn would have to be a CG creation in order for the character not to look ridiculous.  He also has to be voiced by someone seasoned.  Liam Neeson would also be a good choice.)

Robo: Hugo Weaving - voice  (Hugo's second robot after Megatron.  Robo will give him a lot more latitude to act.)

Ayla: ??? - voice                        (Very hard to visualize.  Needs to be an experienced voice actor to give Ayla both primitive charm and soulful passion.)

Magus: Zachary Quinto          (Portrayal needs to be both dark and subtle.  Sylar and Spock combined.)

Gaspar: Max Von Sydow

Belthazar: Ian McKellan

Melchior: Edward James Olmos

Schala: Ellen Page

Dalton: Jim Carrey

Empress Samele Zeal: Sandra Bullock

King Malcolm Guardia (Marle's father): Bruce Boxlightner

King Aldren Guardia (Leene's husband): ???  (Character is going mad.  Other than that, the only thing I can visualize is that Aldren is in his early 40s.)

Spekkio: John Rhys Davies - voice                     (Spekkio speaks with a combination of god-like authority and mischievous glee.)

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 06:35:30 am »
Well, if you were just talking about voiceovers, then Gaspar NEEDS to be Morgan Freeman.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 11:09:34 pm »

So much win. I could listen to this guy talk for hours.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 11:56:58 pm »
If you were just talking voiceovers then why's it called live action roles speculation instead of voice acting roles speculation? But I digress.

I agree with almost every one of Lennis' suggestions.

ShoeMagus

• Guardian (+100)
  • "We are...the dreamers of Dreams."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 12:20:41 pm »
Indeed, Bradly James would make an ideal Cyrus.  He would also be a good candidate for a young Cedric Guardia, come to think of it.

I've already mentioned my casting choices for a live action movie in another thread, but here is a recap with a few changes in the supporting cast.  More important than their individual qualities is their ability to act in an ensemble.  Incidentally, these would also be good choices if the film were entirely CG animated:

Crono: Zac Effron                    (Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.)

Marle: Hayden Panettiere      (Honestly, there's no one else who comes even close to looking like a real-life Marle.  She would own this role.)

Lucca: Nicki Clyne                   (The most important member of the cast.  She turned a minor role in Battlestar Galactica into a fan-favorite.  She would bring a lot of thought and passion to this most iconic of characters.)

Glenn: Sean Bean - voice        (Glenn would have to be a CG creation in order for the character not to look ridiculous.  He also has to be voiced by someone seasoned.  Liam Neeson would also be a good choice.)

Robo: Hugo Weaving - voice  (Hugo's second robot after Megatron.  Robo will give him a lot more latitude to act.)

Ayla: ??? - voice                        (Very hard to visualize.  Needs to be an experienced voice actor to give Ayla both primitive charm and soulful passion.)

Magus: Zachary Quinto          (Portrayal needs to be both dark and subtle.  Sylar and Spock combined.)

Gaspar: Max Von Sydow

Belthazar: Ian McKellan

Melchior: Edward James Olmos

Schala: Ellen Page

Dalton: Jim Carrey

Empress Samele Zeal: Sandra Bullock

King Aldren Guardia (Leene's husband): ???  (Character is going mad.  Other than that, the only thing I can visualize is that Aldren is in his early 40s.)

Spekkio: John Rhys Davies - voice                     (Spekkio speaks with a combination of god-like authority and mischievous glee.)

So far, I like this best. Though with some  :picardno moments.

Zac Effron?? I mean. Really? I don't think he's terrible or anything. But I just can't see that. Maybe if it was an entirely animated film. But live action?? The trouble with this is, its hard to visualize anybody live-action as Crono because I picture actors in my head with crazy spiked red hair. Not that they'd have to do that in a movie (though not live action, I like how Advent Children toned down the cartoony features of the FF7 characters into something almost reasonable).

But yeah. Hmmm. I can't really think of anyone off the top of my head, part of the problem being that Crono is mute in the game. I'd cast someone like James Franco for Crono. Gahh. Dissatisfaction.

Instead of Jim Carrey, I'd suggest Christophe Waltz as Dalton. Waltz can be villainous and funny at the same time, without all the over-the-top insanity of Jim Carrey. Though Carrey is capable of good acting, I think Waltz would be better.

The real one that got me was Sandra Bullock though. I have never seen any movie that she's been in that would make me want to cast her in anything. Especially not to portray all the menace of Queen Zeal.

Personally, I'd go with Cate Blanchett as Queen Zeal. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHOhPvWlSQc&feature=player_detailpage#t=36s

ShoeMagus

• Guardian (+100)
  • "We are...the dreamers of Dreams."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 12:34:35 pm »
Wait! No! Peeked at the other movie thread. Someone said Ryan Gosling for Crono. Happiness.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 01:13:37 pm »
I was busy minding my own business (eating dinner with family), and caught one of the TV shows mom watched. What I witnessed then blew my mind...

So what did I see?

KING ALPHARD ZEAL, THAT'S WHAT!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 01:23:07 pm by tushantin »

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 03:12:34 pm »
I see no blue hair. :P