Author Topic: Dream Splash V!  (Read 23948 times)

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Dream Splash V!
« on: November 07, 2012, 07:45:42 pm »
Welcome to...
Forgive my crappy editing skills...

~~~
This year's theme is the Middle Ages, also known as year 600 AD. You can do whatever you want, so long as it relates to Chrono Trigger's 600 AD era.

-For example, you can cover anything in the Mystic War. How about some fanart of our favorite villain trio, the Mystic Knights! Or a great battle on Zenan Bridge? Maybe even an alluring Naga-Ette? :oops:
-Music remixes are accepted too! "Courage and Pride" has always been a favorite of mine. Don't forget "Frog's Theme."
-Speaking of Frog, this is his home era! He deserves plenty of attention! How about some fanfiction depicting his past with his best buddy Cyrus?
-Other characters include Queen Leene, Fiona, Toma, and perhaps even Kasmir (from Crimson Echoes).
-And of course, I'm expecting gratuitous amounts of Magus.

~~~
:kamina So let's get this thing rolling! Remember...

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Splash V!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 03:34:01 pm »
Woo hoo! I now must put something together!

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 01:18:03 am »
As much as I'd like to contribute something and have an idea, I also have a massive, massive ego problem. *sweatdrop*

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 02:22:22 pm »
I've already gotten something made, though I may submit more. What would you guys think of The Mystic Knights and Magus posed like the cover of Queen's album Sheer Heart Attack:D

ProtomanX904

• Earthbound (+15)
  • TINY MINISKIRTS!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 08:06:12 am »
As soon as my friend brings me back my flash drive, I'll have chapter 8 of Crono Returns ready, and it focuses on the Frog King quite a bit, I even provide a backstory for him since I always thought he would be a great fanfic fuel (Though it doesn't seem like anyone really cared to write about him...)
Not sure if that counts though, since it's only one chapter in a pretty long fanfic.

Legendary Biologist

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Searching the Unknown; Seeing the Hidden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 02:17:27 am »
I'll probably write a drabble, a string of haikus, or a sonnet about Frog or Cyrus for this, though not sure yet.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 03:23:11 pm »
So long as it's related to Chrono Trigger's Middle Ages, anything is fair game. Bonus points for creativity!

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 06:00:32 pm »
So, a question has come up: there's another pic that I've been considering, but I'm wondering whether or not I would be allowed to put it in. It's blatantly sexual, although there is no nudity in it, and I was wondering if I'd be able to submit it without getting in trouble. I mean, this isn't exactly a family-friendly site (thread names like 'The Worst Fucking Thing' coming to mind), but I'm still kinda iffy on what I'd be allowed to to.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 09:19:52 pm »
So, a question has come up: there's another pic that I've been considering, but I'm wondering whether or not I would be allowed to put it in. It's blatantly sexual, although there is no nudity in it, and I was wondering if I'd be able to submit it without getting in trouble. I mean, this isn't exactly a family-friendly site (thread names like 'The Worst Fucking Thing' coming to mind), but I'm still kinda iffy on what I'd be allowed to to.
SPRINGTIME OF YOUTH NEVER HESITATE! GIVE US THE BEST TASTE OF YOUR ART~

....unless it's Hentai or gore.

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 03:29:20 am »
Well, I call it 'Bondage, Boots, and Bulges', so as to leave your imagination to do the rest. ;)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2013, 01:57:42 am »
Thanks to everyone who participated it.

There's probably no more interest to keep these going. Since my last update in June 25th, we've had a grand total of one piece of fan art and one piece of fanfiction posted to the Compendium. The long night is upon us.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 01:29:28 am »
So... I'm currently still super nostalgic for Chrono Trigger and the Compendium. Would there be any interest in creating a new Dream Splash?

I'm pretty sure we could get a few commissions and traffic via Reddit.

It's never going to be huge, but it's an option. Just a thought.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 09:16:58 pm »
I'm interested. And yeah, Reddit would be a good place to advertise. Are there any other "active" Chrono groups elsewhere? Maybe Facebook?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2016, 08:09:40 pm »
Not that I know of. I frequent the r/chronotrigger subreddit often though, so I could see some traffic from there for sure. I don't use any other social media, though, so I have no idea about Facebook or other avenues.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2018, 08:24:26 pm »
I'm still hoping for a revival of Dream Splash. I think we'd be up to Dream Splash VI now.

I'll make everyone a deal...

If I can get FIVE people to respond to this post by 4/15/2018 and commit their desire to see it come to fruition, I'll head it up. I'll even go over to Reddit and drive activity, potentially using it as the main forum for the competition.

EDIT: Scratch the above. I created a poll to determine a potential Dream Splash VI.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 11:34:39 pm by Boo the Gentleman Caller »