Author Topic: Order of events in CC  (Read 1355 times)

chapapote

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Order of events in CC
« on: October 08, 2012, 02:10:19 pm »
I have some doubts...

First, what is the first moment you're able to get the Chrono Cross? I always see people going to Divine Dragon Falls after defeating FATE, but the two tears can be acquired before that. Could the Chrono Cross be acquired as soon as you get the tears?

Second, when do you think is the best moment to regain Serge's body? Before or after defeating the dragons?

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
Re: Order of events in CC
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 03:41:49 pm »
IIRC, there's a fragment of dialogue from Steena buried in the CC script that indicates it's possible to have both Tears and access to the Falls and still not be able to combine them into the Chrono Cross.  Can't remember if I've ever tried to trigger it.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 09:03:31 pm »
IIRC one of the requirement is the Terra Tower(after defeating Fate) but yeah haven't checked that yet.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 12:30:15 am »
I don't remember well, but I think I have triggered that dialogue, since I did thought I could have the CC made once I had the Tears. I think even the pedestals aren't there if gone before you're suppose to but I may be wrong there.

As for the second question, I don't think you can have Serge regain his body before fighting the dragons, since you need Steena for Home Fort Dragonia, and she only joins once you have the 6 Relics you get from defeating the Dragons.

chapapote

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 11:04:26 am »
Thank you all for your replies!  :)

Rocky

• Porrean (+50)
  • I wonder if you still remember...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 02:28:43 am »
it's possible to have both Tears and access to the Falls and still not be able to combine them into the Chrono Cross.

Yes.  I think I inadvertently found that out, in one of my first playthroughs long ago.  I remember actually putting both tears on the pedestals, it started to make a sound, but then it died out and Serge was forced to take them back.  Like I said, it's been a long time, so I may be not be remembering it fully.  But that's what I recall.