Author Topic: Chrono Ark Closes Up  (Read 4164 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Chrono Ark Closes Up
« on: October 06, 2012, 09:21:03 pm »
See here. The pressures of wage slavery have sapped too much time from the creative minds behind the project, as this system is wont to do. On the bright side, Alex Roe released a new Chrono Trigger cover to honor the attempt:

[youtube]1CUVJrEhrkw[/youtube]

Edit: Well, who knows why that embed's not showing up correctly on the front page...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 09:22:40 pm by ZeaLitY »

Corona!01

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Jack of All Trades
    • View Profile
    • Kagero Studios
Re: Chrono Ark Closes Up
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 10:16:46 pm »
The embed looked okay to me, Zeal. Anyways, thanks for covering this. We're still kind of reeling from the whole revelation.

Speaking on behalf of Kagero Studios, the folks behind Chrono Ark, we'll be opening the whole forum back up to the public once we do some proper cleanup. It's not as though we have any reason to be underground at this point.

On top of that the team's considering releasing the resources publicly, but there's no word on the progress of that or if it's nothing more than just mere consideration.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 10:17:01 pm »
It's a shame!

RIP Chrono Ark. Good to know you were always Chrono Ark at heart and that the Project Ark was just a moniker to keep the fan game safe.

Edit: In light of Corona's post, perhaps Chrono Ark could release the resources to those working on Chrono Shift? I think Chrono Shift is now the only fan game in production.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 10:18:59 pm by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

Corona!01

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Jack of All Trades
    • View Profile
    • Kagero Studios
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 10:18:28 pm »
Yeah, we would've gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for that meddling real life!

EDIT: Most of the resources would probably be fairly useless, since even after editing the sprites are much too large for RPG Maker 2003 charsets or tilesets. I guess some of the music from the game may be usable, though... you should get in touch with our composer Alex Roe for his stance on the matter, though. As of Ark's dissolution, he holds the rights to the music.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 10:28:27 pm by Corona!01 »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 12:51:14 am »
Shift is actually utilizing Rpg maker xp now.

Corona!01

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Jack of All Trades
    • View Profile
    • Kagero Studios
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 02:04:32 am »
Oh. Then you might have a chance, but I'd still ask Lena Andreia about it. I was mostly just the PR guy for the project, so I have no real say over the fate of the resources.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 03:42:19 am »
This isn't really the place to talk too much about Shift. I'd love to read the Arc script if it's ever released.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 10:53:12 pm »
Oh wow, I had to grab the tissue box for this one. The Chrono Ark team fought the good fight, but sometimes the ebb and flow of life just derails these things. Considering how ambitious the project is, I'm still really impressed with the progress they made over the years.

Anyway, I don't believe for a second that an unfinished fan project is a complete wash -- the friendships and skills the team cultivates during these things are precious! And who knows...maybe another generation of fans could carry on the torch?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:11:11 pm by FaustWolf »