Author Topic: I'm jealous.  (Read 5164 times)

BFG

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
I'm jealous.
« on: October 02, 2012, 01:47:39 am »
I just want to say that, as an owner of the original SNES version of Chrono Trigger, but not of a DS, I'm jealous of the extra content you DS owners get to experience.

That reminds me...I need to check if CT's been released on the PS3 yet.  If it has then I don't have any excuse to complain.   :o

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: I'm jealous.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 10:26:06 am »
You could always borrow a DS from a friend and buy the game. Show SquareEnix that there's still plenty of love for Chrono Trigger! :)

In all honesty, the bonus content wasn't all that great. The new sidequests were just fetch quests and I thought they were quite boring and unimaginative. The best part of it was simply the retranslastion, which added a nice, new component to the Chrono mythos.

BFG

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 11:47:51 am »
Yep, I may have to do just that.  Anything to help encourage Squareenix to do a full modern makeover of CT/RD/CC or a new sequel :D

I've heard the same about the new quests...though I have to admit, the Dream Devourer and new equipment alone is enough to make me want to try the enhanced version.  And I'm curious about the monster battling portion.

caitlinmarie

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 01:36:11 pm »
I've got the iOS version on my iPhone, which is almost exactly like the DS version (except for the battle thing..whatever that is.)

It's cool...ish? I mean it's cool to get the new weapons and such. Crono's Dreamseeker is better than the Rainbow. And Marle gets a bow that always does 777 of damage, which is cool for times when defense is up on the enemy. The Dimensional Vortex is pretty cool too. I wasn't a big fan of the Lost Sanctum, though. Kinda meh in my opinion.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 01:22:48 am »
Yeah, Lost Sanctum was a pain. Sooo boring. It was one horrible fetch quest after another.

The best part was the fact that I got to see some differently colored nu's. Pretty sad, right?

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 01:43:34 am »
And today I learned that the iOS port shares the DS's bonus features! Here I thought I was special with CT:DS. :P

I guess the Android port is the same then.

To4oo4

• Porrean (+50)
  • Again, the bitter black winds begin to howl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 06:41:02 pm »
Yeah, Lost Sanctum was a pain. Sooo boring. It was one horrible fetch quest after another.

The best part was the fact that I got to see some differently colored nu's. Pretty sad, right?
Lost Sanctum more like Lost My Patience For These Fetch Quests Sanctum amirite?
I'm sorry.

But yeah Lost Sanctum sucks.