Author Topic: What's Up With The Frozen Flame's Eyeballs?  (Read 6057 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
What's Up With The Frozen Flame's Eyeballs?
« on: June 09, 2012, 04:07:29 pm »
Something that's rarely depicted in fanart or talked about in analysis, the "eyeballs" on the Frozen Flame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jBBnc7zoM8

In this clip, you see and hear them open with weird clicking noises and they roll forward like they've been sleeping.

So what's up with that? Are they eyeballs? Does it imply the Flame is supposed to be a face? Does it mean that it's not a piece of Lavos, necessarily? What do you guys and gals think?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: What's Up With The Frozen Flame's Eyeballs?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 04:15:39 pm »
How did I not notice this, over all these years? If I were to put my tinfoil hat on, I'd say there's a little gremlin dude hiding in there.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 04:19:38 pm »
It appears there's a little one on each "blade" as well. If anything, it reminds me of the dragon god, but in like a "larvae" form.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 04:21:13 pm by Mr Bekkler »

jamesexia

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 06:12:56 pm »
 :shock: I've noticed that for years, but I didn't know WHAT the heck they were. Now I'm going to be trying to figure out just what they are for the rest of the day! :roll:

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 03:10:34 am »
I've noticed them, just thought they really were eyes or something. I wonder if the number of lights/eyes has any meaning. There are five shining lights yet six eyes. What's up with that?

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 03:59:35 am »
5 lights 6 eyes lets see there's 6 dragons if you don't count Harle right? Eh i'm stretching. what about elements? hmm

I deffinantly think the frozen flame think's on it's own. If it is a part of lavos it has a seperate conscienceness. And what that means well I don't know! It's aware of Lavos and what is going on around it but i'm not so sure Lavos is aware of it and thats interesting.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 09:59:23 pm »
6 dragon balls, maybe.
 :?

I will not be surprised if they are really eyes. Because there are 6 (normally) 6 elements, 6 dragons, and the dragon god has 6 eyes (if I recall correctly).

Like Final Fantasy VII, it was released in 1997, the Midgar city has 7 parts, the famous hp7777 trick, and one of Tifa's tech is called final heaven(aka the 7th heaven, also the name of her bar).

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 10:39:46 pm »
That, and the eyes slightly resemble the one that the Lavos Core has in the final battle of Chrono Trigger. Yellow, circular, and with a slightly creepy black dot for a pupil.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 06:25:00 pm »
I always thought they were real eyes. Deus from Xenogears has eyes all over its body (in its various forms):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29956195@N08/3230964627/in/set-72157616593453778
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29956195@N08/3230967433/in/set-72157616593453778
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29956195@N08/3231818404/in/set-72157616593453778

So the eyes on the Frozen Flame are probably based on those on Deus, which are themselves most definitely based on Ophanim, Merbabah and other ancient religious imageries.

Dyxo Xinoro

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 08:25:56 pm »
Well considering the whole "arbiter" thing that goes on with the Frozen Flame I'd be surprised if it DIDN'T have a consciousness of it's own. However since both the Flame and the Dragon God have six eyes, what if the Flame was a hidden "part" of the Dragon God and part of why it can't be completely together until after FATE gets terminated?

Satoh

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 04:10:00 am »
I believe that the Frozen Flame does not have a static appearance.
It appears in a way that is based on what is expected of it.

The Dragonians depicted it as a spiky crystal shape.
Radical Dreamers shows it as a spiky crystal of a much different shape, and Serge understands it (on some subconscious level, having contacted it before) as a living thing, probably also understanding that it is strange and alien(in the sense of not normal), so it appears as a transforming flame shaped object with eyes.

How it appears is affected by how we perceive it.

The Flame has an effect on people, and people have an effect on It.
This is the truth.
This is what I believe... at least for now.

...but yeah, I knew about the eyes... They bug me. I don't like this depiction of the Flame at all.

Dyxo Xinoro

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 09:32:18 pm »
I believe that the Frozen Flame does not have a static appearance.
It appears in a way that is based on what is expected of it.

The Dragonians depicted it as a spiky crystal shape.
Radical Dreamers shows it as a spiky crystal of a much different shape, and Serge understands it (on some subconscious level, having contacted it before) as a living thing, probably also understanding that it is strange and alien(in the sense of not normal), so it appears as a transforming flame shaped object with eyes.

How it appears is affected by how we perceive it.

The Flame has an effect on people, and people have an effect on It.
This is the truth.
This is what I believe... at least for now.

...but yeah, I knew about the eyes... They bug me. I don't like this depiction of the Flame at all.
This is probably one of the coolest, and most believable, explanation of the Frozen Flame I've heard in a while. But it raises a question: if you were to look at the Frozen Flame, how would you see it?

When I got to Chronopolis I thought that big ball of energy inside it was the real Flame and what Serge saw was merely a piece of it, for example.