Author Topic: To the Sea of Dreams: Redeux! (Notes and musings and other assorted thoughts.)  (Read 24093 times)

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
Three themes per character is overkill, or it would be if you intended to develop your project. The whole point of having a theme is that there's one that fits a given character, place, or moment.

Instead of each character having a "somber" theme and an "action" theme, maybe you should choose a single song for those moments that would play regardless of who's on screen.

I'm not saying it would be impossible to have so many different music tracks, but there's a reason games don't do that. As an example, think of any character in CT and tell me what plays in your head. Their theme plays, obviously, but why? Because it is iconic and singular, it both embodies and defines the character, and the repetition of the one track makes it contextually memorable. If each character had several un-related pieces of music associated with them, the audience might not remember any of it at all.

I guess my suggestion only matters depending on your intentions moving forward. What are you going to do, keep posting on the Compendium just to be done with it, or are you going to make a game? I fear the latter option scares too many people away who are convinced they will never learn something new, that they know everything they were meant to know, and that making something like a game requires years of study or some other great expense. It's simply not true. All it takes is asking the right people to help with specific tasks that push the workflow forward to completion. And patience.

Well, I've said my piece(my peace? Whatever, you get it). Good luck!

I get what you're saying. But here's my reasoning.

Ever since FFV, games have been giving some or all characters more than one theme. Well, okay, maybe that's not the right way to say it.

They have one singular theme, but remixed differently depending on the situation. Take Locke from FFVI. There's that heroic-sounding theme when we're first introduced to him, then there's that somber mix when we see his flashback in Koholingin.

Snow in FFXIII has 4 different versions of the same theme, three of which I used for Lark, the other I plan to use for the Zweibreicht Company as a whole.

Schala's a bit of a special case, though. Although the songs are more or less completely different, they both... fit. Due to obvious reasons.

But yeah. If I had my way, and could make music worth a damn, that's how I'd do it. I'm just playing the cards I'm dealt.

As for what I plan to do... I'm kinda limited in my options. I don't have a working PC I could use for RPG Maker, and even if I did, I wouldn't know how to code to save my life. I'd end up getting confused and forgetting everything.

That whole "patience" thing may end up being a kick in the balls too, although I will admit that I've been doing a better job than I thought I would keeping up with all of this.

The last problem would be finding people to help who aren't already busy.

.......How is your project going, BTW?

But yeah, until my situation changes a bit, I'll work with what I've got. But thanks. I'll keep your advice in mind. :)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Variations on a single piece of music are great, but only necessary when there's a big change in the character, in my opinion. In any case, that's a much better plan than having several wholly unrelated themes attributed to one (or each) character.

My project is going slow but well. I do hesitate to use the word "my" because Boo the Gentleman Caller wrote half the story, the three composers wrote all the music, TheMage made half the sprites, LadyMarle made all the offttgficial portraits, and MagusMage is fixing up the engine as we speak. It is completely a team effort and though we're still a long way from being done, had I tried to do it all myself it would have been really small and bad compared to what it is/will be.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Slow and steady wins the race! :)

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
    • View Profile
Quote from: Boo the Gentleman Caller
Slow and steady wins the race!

*Trudges slowly with a turtle shell attatched.*

*Sees all the rabbits that crossed the finish line.*

:roll:

*Keeps on trudging.*
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 12:28:04 am by FaustWolf »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Amen.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
    • View Profile
Okay, I may need a bit of help, here. As you can see on the soundtrack list, I only have four songs left. Problem is, I'm drawing a blank on what to use.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Go for some old school tunes. Final Fantasy 7-12, Legend of Mana, etc.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
    • View Profile
Mission List *SPOILER WARNING*

(Missions usually happen between major story events. Some missions however, are story events of themselves. All missions in a part of the act must be completed before moving on to the next story event. It may seem a bit like padding, and to be perfectly honest, it kinda is. But I want to put them in anyway because otherwise, this would be a far shorter game.)

----------------------
Act 1 Missions
----------------------

San Dorino:

1. A Cat for Client - A client is in need of a new pet. An easy mission, meant to show Schala the ropes.

Reward: Silk, 300 Gold

2. Imps on the Mountaintop - A bounty mission. Renegade Imps are attacking travelers. Kinda feel bad, but a job's a job.

Boss: RolyKing

Reward: 500 Gold, 10 Tech Points, Leather

3. Copper Run - Zappa's in need of some quality copper. Maybe we can get some good deals if we play our cards right.

Reward: Copper x2, 200 Gold, 5 Tech Points, Cloth

4. Element Blues - The miners need a few extra hands. If we can help beat their quota, we might get to keep some of the excess Elements... but I feel like we're being watched...

Boss: Element Eater

Reward: Random Level 3 Element, 30 Tech Points, Bronze Coupon

5. Mina's Missing! (Story Mission) - Not an official Mission, but we owe Jessie a lot. Mina was last seen near the mines before she disappeared...

Boss: Ozzie, Slash, and Flea

6. Breaking Them In - Seems there's a new group of Mercs in town who don't know how to play nice. The mayor's counting on us for this one.

Boss: Crowley, Jansen, and Browning

Reward: Chromed Leather, 600 Gold, 10 Tech Points

New Game+ Reward: Commander's Coat

7. Fiona's Shrine Delivery - Some sacramental wine for the shrine-keepers. This should be a good chance for Reika and Schala to bond. I don't forsee any problems...

Boss: Wingapede

Reward: 500 Gold

8. Mystic Knights Strike Back - Ozzie hasn't learned his lesson from last time. Come on. Let's get this over with...

Boss: Hekran

Reward: Iron, 800 Gold, 20 Tech Points, Rose Cotton Down

9. A Noble's Request - I won't stop you from accepting the contract, but just know that I've got a pretty bad feeling about this one...

Boss: Hi Ho Tank

Reward: 50 Tech Points

New Game+ Reward: Sage's Ribbon

Truce:

1. Iron Overload - Zappa needs some Iron for his new apprenticeship. Let's get him some good ore.

Reward: Iron x2, 15 Tech Points, 600 Gold

2. Bloodfang Redeux - The Bloodfang Mercenaries are sending us another challenge? Man, they just need to let this go...

Boss: Yarzren X3 Warmech

Reward: 900 Gold, 30 Tech Points

New Game+ Reward: Commander's Boots

3. Wrath of Gonzales - Wait, what did the client say was terrorizing the town again? A singing cat bot? What a pain...

Boss: Gato

Reward: 5 Tech Points, Velvet Silk, Silver Coupon

4. Freelancer Fracas - A bounty mission. A clan of Freelancers have taken over the plains! Let's take them down!

Boss: Shinobi

Reward: 1000 Gold, 40 Tech Points, Rigid Cloth

5. Strategy Session (Story Mission) - Finally hitting the Big Time! So the Governess said that the Dreamer's base was around the Manoria area, right?

6. A Noble's Revenge - Count Marduke's been slinging around the ruins of Guardia Castle. We gotta make that bastard pay for using us!

Boss: Faerie Swarm

Reward: 50 Tech Points

New Game+ Reward: Sage's Leggings

7. Ozzie's in a Pickle - Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I know this has 'trap' written all over it, but better us to deal with this than a group of newbies...

Boss: Ozzie

Reward: Ozzie Pants, 15 Tech Points

8. Sparring Partner - The Acacia Dragoons are looking for a few tough customers to test their skills. I say we oblige them.

Boss: Schwann

Reward: 20 Tech Points, 1200 Gold, Dragoon's Honor

9. One Last Loose End - Hmmm... The Governess was acting wierd earlier... and Glenn's telling us to get our affairs in order. Something tells me he might be on to something...

Boss: Assassin x2

Reward: 80 Tech Points

--------------------
Act 2
--------------------

Choras:

1. The Bloody Flame Returns (Story Mission) - Zainheim... They say a monster has taken residence there... but I know better. Glenn has already gone ahead... Please don't do anything foolish. Please...

Boss: Lark, Demon State Lark, Corrupted Lark

--------------------
Act 3
--------------------

Termina:

1. A Silver Request - Zappa's back at his forge and ready to put his new skills to the test, but he needs some good Mythril to get started.

Reward: Mythril x2, 1800 Gold, Gilbert's 'Mythril' Equipment Set

2. A Nu Problem - The client says that something big is traipsing about the mainland. Why do I feel that this isn't the whole story?

Boss: Giant Nu

Reward: 75 Tech Points, Starmetal

3. Hi Ho Hijinks - A bounty mission. Oh look. The Dwarves are causing a ruckus. Again. Shocker.

Boss: Hi Ho Warmech

Reward: 200 Gold, 5 Tech Points, Random Level 5 Element

4. Start Your Engines - Ugh, those two again? Can't they leave us alone just once? And who the hell is Johnny?

Reward: 1200 Gold, Gold Coupon, Griffon Down

New Game+ Reward: Sage's Gloves

5. Subterfuge (Story Mission) - Bigwigs from all over the world are headed for Viper Manor for an annual summit. And it seems I'm not the only one who can see an assassination attempt in the making. Come on, guys. The General's counting on us.

Boss: Sven, Assassin x3

6. Out of the Frying Pan... - This is weird. All that's here is a note saying the Sage of Marbule is in danger. Why do I feel this has Marduke written all over it...?

Boss: Jansen, 382Custom Warmech

Reward: Sage's Amulet, 2500 Gold, Entry into Marbule

New Game+ Reward: Sage's Robe

7. Storming the Castle - A bounty mission. The Bloodfang Mercenaries are building something atop Fort Dragonia. Something sinister. Glenn was right. These guys are too dangerous to let live.

Boss: Crowley, Browning, Bloodfang Merc x3

Reward: Reptite Leather, 3000 Gold, 85 Tech Points

New Game+ Reward: Commander's Bracers

8. A Mystic Agenda - Hey! Ozzie's back! I wonder if he got us presents? Don't worry guys, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Boss: Slash and Flea

Reward: Denadorite, 100 Tech Points, 4300 Gold

9. Dragon God's Remnants - Terra Tower's abuzz with activity. Schala says she might be able to help. Let's hope so...

Reward: 5000 Gold, Ancient Silk, Shiny Dew, Shiny Soot, Shiny Salt, Shiny Ember, Shiny Leaf, Shiny Sand

Medina:

1. Stone-Cold Forging - Never thought Zappa would go out of his way to help us out here. Some good Denadorite should be enough to repay him.

Reward: Denadorite x2, 4500 Gold

2. Unplug the Oasis - The underground channels are overflowing thanks to some blockades the Porreans put up. We need to clear the channels so Medina's people can have a real water supply again.

Boss: Rockroach x4

Reward: 4200 Gold, Random Level 6 Element, Moonmetal

New Game+ Reward: Fiendlord's Crown

3. Last Rites - It's been a while since the people held a memorial for my parents. Right now, we don't have the materials necessary for a proper service. Mom and Dad deserve better than this...

Reward: Deveritas Seal

New Game+ Reward: Fiendlord's Gauntlets

4. Revenge of the Bloodfang - The surviving mercs are causing trouble here of all places. Should have known that last job would bite us in the ass.

Boss: Crowley, Freya RX82 Carrier, Browning

Reward: Manly Cloth, 100 Tech Points, 5000 Gold

New Game+ Reward: Immaculate Headband

5. Burden of Guilt (Story Mission) - Tamlen says he might be able to unlock those sealed chambers from the Northern Ruins, but he says he needs Schala in order to do so. Does he already suspect who she is...?

Boss: Zealian Forgemaster

6. Ozzie's Last Stand - Ozzie's holed up in his ancestor's old fort. Nobody is willing to follow him now. Let's take care of this once and for all.

Boss: Super Ozzie

Reward: Rainbow Shell, 50 Tech Points, Blood Leather

New Game+ Reward: Fiendlord's Armor

7. Nu Crisis - These damn things keep showing up out of nowhere! Why the hell are they overrunning the streets?!

Boss: Lavos Spawn

Reward: Angel's Down, Platinum Coupon

8. Temporal Disturbance - A bounty mission. The client says a Time Gate opened up near the northern oasis. Wait, did he just say dinosaur?

Boss: Red Tyranno

Reward: Dreamstone Ore, 5000 Gold

9. Full Circle - How Mina made it over here, I have no idea, but Porre is starting to crack down on San Dorino. Mina wants us to get Jessica out of there before shit really hits the fan.

Reward: Rainbow Shell, 200 Tech Points, 6000 Gold

New Game+ Reward: Fiendlord's Greaves

---------------------
Act 4
---------------------

1. Vendetta - Crowley's still alive. He doesn't care who he kills anymore. He's not a mercenary, he's an animal. Let's put him down for good.

Boss: Crowley, Azazel CX95 Omega Warmech

Reward: 10,000 Gold, 200 Tech Points, Rainbow Shell

2. The Count's Last Hurrah - Choras' new policies are putting Marduke on the ropes. Let's be careful though. You know what they say about cornered rats...

Boss: Count Marduke

Reward: Random Level 6 Element, 200 Tech Points, Rainbow Shell

3. And the Award Goes to... - Those two again. Can't they leave us alone just once? This job had better be worth the trouble...

Boss: Nu...x10

Reward: Rainbow Shell x2, Mop

4. Sleepless Nights - Something has been going through Schala's mind lately. I wonder if she regrets how things ended with Magil after all...?

Boss: Kid

Reward: Janus' Amulet, Astral Amulet (New Game+), Purified Silk, Rainbow Shell

5. A Father's Worry - Schwann's daughter Annette ran away from the Manor. Was the revelation of her mother's identity too much for her? We've got to find her.

Boss: Beeba Chieftan

Reward: 20,000 Gold, Annette's Charm, Rainbow Shell

6. Let's Get Ready to Rumble! - A bounty mission. A group of criminals have disguised themselves as contestants of Medina's Battle Arena. If these bastards think they can get away with this in my home, they're wrong.

Boss: Hi Ho Army

Reward: 35,000 Gold, 300 Tech Points, Rainbow Shell

7. Legacy - Laura has been looking through Guardia's records and libraries looking for something. She says she wants to know the truth about the Fall of Guardia years ago and the fate of the Royal Family...

Boss: Chrono

Reward: Guardia's Tear, 200 Tech Points, Rainbow Shell

8. Sin and Punishment - "There are a few straggler's remaining from the Governess' regime. However, I must request that Lady Laura and Sir Lark come alone. I'll be waiting in Manoria Cathedral." Manoria, huh...? Maybe this is karma...

Boss: Rupert

Reward: Sunglasses, 300 Tech Points, Rainbow Shell

9. A Hammering Time - Zappa would like to be able to forge things from Rainbow Shell, but he needs his ancestor's special hammer to do it. Let's find it for him.

Reward: Prismatic Blades, ability to forge Rainbow Shell equipment

10. A Crimson Echo - A bounty mission. Something's emerging from the area where the Rune Cannon hit. I've never felt anything like it. I think even the Flame is scared. What could we possibly be facing...?

Boss: King Alphard Zeal

Reward: Dreamseekers, Prism Specs
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 04:00:42 pm by skylark »

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
    • View Profile
Command Sequence List *SPOILER WARNING!!!*

(Note: I have decided to do the dialogs in the main fic.)

Act 1:

Defense of Manoria - (Happens during the 'Strategy Session' story mission.) The Porreans have found the current location of the Radical Dreamers' hideout. Their numbers are few, but their skilled. Drive them back!

Victory Conditions: Defeat the Enemy General.

Commander: Lark
Allied Units: Glenn, Schala, Reika, Gilbert, Schwann, Laura, Rupert
Available Unit Types: Gunners, Medics, Soldiers, Dragoons, Elementeers, Cannons
Enemy Types: Gunners, Soldiers, Elementeers, Carrier
Enemy Units: 15
Enemy General: Hans

After taking down around 10 to 12 units, a Carrier unit appears to bombard allied units. Allied units specializing in medics and gunners (Reika and Glenn and/or Gilbert) can install Cannons at certain spots to deal decent damage to the Carrier. Elementeers can also damage it, but for less damage. Only when the Carrier goes down does Hans show up on the battlefield.

Reward: Dragoon's Gauntlet, 50 Tech Points, 1000 Gold, 1500 EXP.

[War Games Trophy Acquired]

Act 2:

Struggle at Guardia Castle - (Occurs after the destruction of Manoria.) Lark may be lost, but you can't let that stop you. The surviving Dreamers are holed up in the ruins of Guardia Castle. Rescue them and make sure their dream of a free Guardia doesn't die!

(Part 1)

Victory Conditions 1: Defeat the Enemy General.

Commander: Glenn
Allied Units: Reika, Gilbert, Magil, Schala (NPC), 6 Ally NPCs
Available Unit Types: Gunners, Medics, Soldiers
Enemy Types: Soldiers, Gunners, Elementeers, Hans
Enemy Units: 6
Enemy General: Diana

Lark, under the influence of the Frozen Flame, will show up and wreak havoc, destroying all enemy units, the 6 NPC units, and all allied sub-units. Leading us to...

(Part 2)

Victory Conditions: Survive and reach the Escape Point.

Commander: Magil
Allied Units: Glenn, Gilbert, Reika, Schala (NPC)
Available Unit Types: None
Enemy Types: Lark, Diana, Knights, Priests
Enemy Units: 5
Enemy General: Laura

Avoid Lark at all cost, as he is invincible and you cannot escape a skirmish. Eventually, Glenn, Diana, and Lark will square off, which will allow your other characters to escape. Laura will show up as an enemy general along with some knights. After reaching the escape point, Laura will catch up, leading to a boss fight. Lark and Diana will flee the battlefield and Laura will get stabbed in the back by Sven, leading to...

(Part 3)

Victory Conditions: Reach the Escape Point.

Allied Units: Magil, Reika, Gilbert, Schala (NPC), Laura (NPC)
Available Unit Types: None
Enemy Types: Squires, Knights, Priests, Cannoneers, Magi
Enemy Units: Infinite
Enemy General: Sven

Reward: 75 Tech Points, 2000 Gold, 2500 EXP

Act 3:

Defense of Viper Manor - (Happens during the end of the first half of Act 3.) Somehow, the Porre army has discovered that the Viper Clan has been harboring Dalton's would-be assassin. They have sent one of their best to take care of this development. Do whatever it takes to stop them.

Victory Conditions: Defeat all Enemy Generals.

Commander: Schwann
Allied Units: Lark, Glenn, Reika, Gilbert, Laura, Magil, Garai, Marta, Hubert
Available Unit Types: Soldier, Dragoon, Dragonrider, Cannoneer, Elementeer, Healer, Cannon
Enemy Types: Soldier, Gunner, Black Wind Trooper, Medic, Elementeer, Cannon, Assassin
Enemy Units: 28
Enemy Generals: Diana, Porrean Shock Trooper, Porrean Sabateur

A mostly straightforward battle. The Porrean Sabateur, wether you defeat him before he reaches the outer walls or not, will destroy the outer walls. Diana will appear at this time flanked by Assassins and the Shock Trooper.

Reward: 100 Tech Points, 6000 Gold, 4000 EXP

------------------------

Defense of Medina - (Occurs after Lark regains the trust of the Mystics.) After Lark's stalwart defense of the city, the Porreans from the nearby base are bringing everything they have. What's more, Dalton himself is at the head of the army, along with the mighty Blackbird warship. Now is the time to show the Porrean Army that the Demon Race will never again submit!

(Part 1)

Allied Units: Glenn, Reika, Gilbert, Laura, Kaege, Slash, Flea, Dragoon x2 (NPC), Dragonrider x2 (NPC), Schwann (NPC)
Available Unit Types: Fighter, Hench, Juggler, Naga, Jinn, Naga-ette
Enemy Types: Soldier, Gunner, Trooper, Elementeer, Wind-Rider, Assassin, Medic, Black Wind Trooper
Enemy Units: 20
Enemy General: Black Wind Commander

Straightforward battle until Gilbert notices a signal from far-off, and suggests you pull back your troops. Do so. The enemy escape rout will then suddenly be cut off. Schwann and some Dragoon troops will appear and flank the enemy. You will also be able to perform Area Techs from here on out.

After the battle, there will be a brief intermission where you can save and buy supplies while you plan your next move, after which we go to...

(Part 2)

Victory Conditions: Defeat Enemy General/Survive.

Allied Units: Glenn, Reika, Gilbert, Laura, Schwann, Kaege, Slash, Flea, Garai
Available Unit Types: Fighter, Hench, Juggler, Naga, Jinn, Naga-ette, Dragoon, Dragonrider, Rifleman, Healer, Cannon
Enemy Types: Soldier, Gunner, Trooper, Elementeer, Wind-Rider, Assassin, Medic, Black Wind Trooper, Warmech, Cyborg, Blackbird
Enemy Units: 30
Enemy General: Dalton/Hans

The battle starts normally enough. Dalton will show up once 14 enemy units have been taken down. Once Dalton is defeated, he teleports away, and the Blackbird fires Trojan carrier missiles at the city.

The enemy general changes to Hans and the Blackbird. The Blackbird will continually fire an area effect attack at regular intervals, and 15 more units show up. The Blackbird cannot be attacked.

The victory conditions will change. From here on, you must survive for 5 minutes. After which, regardless of how many units you defeat, Lark will get shot, leading to the next 'dungeon' and the final stage of the battle back in the city.

Reward: 150 Tech Points, 5500 Gold, 5000 EXP

Act 4:

(From here on, you will be able to create an army of your own using troops from the various factions you have fought beside. Before each battle, you will also be able to choose out of a certain number of allied units, either party members or available allied NPCs.)

Defense of Choras - (Occurs after the events of the Galbanni Mansion.) With the head of the Galbanni fortune dead, Porre has taken it upon itself to take these assets, and the city of Choras, by force. However, you need the city's help and funding to keep your own war effort afloat. Kick these malcontents to the curb!

Allied Units: Your choice of six.
Unit Types: Whatever you chose for your army.
Enemy Types: Black Wind Soldier, Black Wind Trooper, Porrean Shock Trooper, Black Wind Agent, Black Wind Medic, Black Wind Sabateur, Black Wind Innate
Enemy Units: 25
Enemy General: Black Wind Warmech

----------------

Defense of Marbule - (Occurs after Mustardio and Releesh's double-cross.) Unwilling to help fight off an encroaching Porrean invasion, Bacchus' advisors have opened the gates from within in hopes of surrender, and were rewarded as cowards deserve. Though Reika may have been officially exiled due to their machinations, Marbule is still her home. Reunite the divided Demi-Humans and expel these invaders. Make the archipelago whole once more!

Victory Conditions: Do not allow a single Citizen to die.

Commander: Reika
Allied Units: Your choice of five, Citizen x6 (NPC)
Enemy Types: Black Wind Soldier, Black Wind Trooper, Black Wind Agent, Black Wind Innate, Black Wind Gunner, Black Wind Medic, Black Wind Sabateur
Enemy Generals: Porrean Shock Trooper, Porrean Pulse Sniper, Black Wind Commander

----------------

Liberation of Guardia - (Occurs after completing the Heckran Cave.) Up until now, any attempt to invade Guardia was met with a massive navy. However, utilizing an old secret passage from within the Heckran cave, your army has made landfall a short distance away from Truce. It's time to remove the Porrean-born from power and return Guardia to its rightful owners. Settle matters with the Mad Governess once and for all!

(Part 1)

Commander: Laura
Allied Units: Your choice of seven.
Enemy Types: Knights, Heavy Knights, Canoneers, Magi, Grand Magi, Priests, Grand Clerics, Templars, Corrupted Knights, Corrupted Magi
Enemy General: Sven

(Part 2)

Allied Units: Your choice of seven.
Enemy Units: 1
Enemy General: Corrupted Sven

----------------

Assault of Porre - (Final Command Sequence. Occurs after completing all available mandatory story events.) The time has come. Dalton and his twisted visions of power shall come to an end today. The army shall assault the city from land, sea, air, and from underground. Make the United World Liberation Front heard and achieve victory!

(Being the final Command Sequence, it is composed of eight parts. Two party members will lead an assault on each of three sections of the city, and join with the seventh in the last two battles. You will get a chance to save after every two battles.)

(Part 1)

Victory Conditions: Have all controllable allies reach the Front Gates.

Allied Units: Laura, Maria, Garai, Ozzie, Rupert (only if you completed the Sin and Punishment mission), Allied Troops x10 (NPCs)
Enemy Types: Soldier, Black Wind Soldier, Gunner, Black Wind Gunner, Elementeer, Black Wind Innate, Medic, Black Wind Medic, Cannons, Pulse Cannons
Enemy Units: 50
Enemy Generals: Black Wind Commander x5

(Part 2)

Victory Conditions: Wipe out all enemies at the rear flank.

Allied Units: Maria, Garai, Ozzie, Rupert (only if you completed the Sin and Punishment mission),
Allied Troops x5 (NPCs)
Enemy Types: Black Wind Soldier, Black Wind Trooper, Black Wind Gunner, Black Wind Innate, Black Wind Medic, Black Wind Agent, Black Wind Warmech, Black Wind-Rider, Black Wind Cyborg
Enemy General: Imperial Guard

(Part 3)

Victory Conditions: Lead the allied warships to the docks.

Commander: Reika
Allied Units: Schwann, Hubert, Flea, Allied Troops x5 (NPCs)
Enemy Types:
Enemy Units: 15
Enemy General: Black Wind Warmech

(Part 4)

Commander: Schwann
Allied Units: Reika, Hubert, Flea, Allied Troops x5 (NPCs)
Enemy Types:
Enemy Units: 25

(Part 5)

Victory Conditions: Destroy all Enemy Anti-Air Cannons.

Commander: Gilbert
Allied Units: Slash, Marta, Allied Sabateurs x5 (NPCs)
Enemy Types:
Enemy General: Black Wind Commander

(Part 6)

Allied Units: Gilbert, Slash, Marta, Allied Snipers x5 (NPCs)
Enemy Types:

(Part 7)

Victory Conditions: Lead all Allied Forces to Home Base/Rescue Terrence Ishito.

Commander: Schala
Allied Units: Lark, Glenn, Reika, Gilbert, Laura, Schwann, ????, ??????, ?????, Techno, Ozzie, Slash, Flea, Maria, Garai, Marta, Hubert, Rupert (only if you completed the Sin and Punishment mission), Terrence (once Victory Conditions change)
Unit Types: Whatever you chose for your army, Porrean Soldier (assigned to Terrence)
Enemy Types: Imperial Guard, Porrean Shock Trooper, Porrean Pulse Sniper, Porrean Bionic Caster, Imperial Healer, Porrean Bioroid, Imperial Shadow, Imperial Rider, Imperial Carrier, Imperial Warmech, Pulse Cannon, Rune Cannon
Enemy Units: 80
Enemy Generals: Black Wind Commander x2, Imperial General x3

(Final)

Victory Conditions: Defeat all Enemy Generals and stop the Purge Protocol.

Commander: For this battle only, you will get to choose your commander out of the seven party members.
Allied Units: Schala, Lark, Glenn, Reika, Gilbert, Laura, Schwann, ????, ??????, ?????, Ozzie, Slash, Flea, Maria, Garai, Marta, Hubert, Rupert (only if you completed the Sin and Punishment mission)
Enemy Types: None
Enemy Generals: Black Wind Commander x10, Purge Generator x10

Reward: 500 Tech Points, 20,000 Gold, 20,000 EXP
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:15:35 am by skylark »

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
    • View Profile
Command Sequence Tutorial

-------------
General Basics
-------------

Every now and then, the party will find themselves leading an army of various factions. The object of Command Sequences is to route the enemy forces and bring victory to your armies. With proper preparation, strategy, and troop placement, you will be able to overcome any skirmish.

Command Sequences are set in certain areas of the storyline and are required to continue the game. Defeating the Enemy General or completing other Victory Conditions will win the battle.

Victory will net you items, Gold, Tech Points, and EXP.

-------------
Commanders and Allies
-------------

Allies:

- Allies can't directly be controlled. They require input to move and use skills or attack, but on a more 'point-and-click' basis.

- Allies can be assigned any combination of four troops out of a pool of two troop preferences.

- Allies fight battles in real-time.

- Allies have up to four chances they can use up before they could be finished off. If a single Ally dies, the battle is lost.

Commanders:

- Commanders can be directly controlled by the player. They even have the capability to Dash across the battlefield.

- Commanders can be assigned any combination of four troops out of all available troop types.

- Commanders fight battles on a battle screen.

- Commanders only have one chance to win a battle or get finished off. If the Commander dies, the battle is lost.

-------------
Combat
-------------

- Combat occurs in real-time. Once a melee unit and an enemy make contact, or if a ranged unit makes a successful hit on an enemy, they will be locked into combat.

HP bars appear above their heads, with 1 to 4 white circles above the bar. These circles represent your troops. A circle will disappear after the HP bar is depleted once, indicating that a soldier was lost in the scuffle. Empty an enemy's HP bar after their troops have fallen and the enemy will be defeated. However, if an Ally loses one of their troops, they will be immediately transported to Home Base.

Unit skills and Character Skills can help manage these battles more easily.

- Things become a bit different for Commanders, though. Unless they are a ranged unit, once the Commander makes contact with an enemy, they are taken to a separate battle screen. Commander battles work like battles in the normal story except they have access to five party members; the Commander and their troops. Commanders and allied units have full access their main game Techs during a skirmish.

Combat outside these skirmishes does not stop. If you take too many turns to defeat an enemy during a skirmish, the other enemy forces may gain ground while you were distracted. In cases like these, it would be better to have your allies do the fighting.

- Allies and the Commander have special Character Skills unique to their character type. There is a recharge time after each use, so you can't rely on them too often. Commanders have a powerful special area effect attack they can utilize in a pinch, but can only be used once per battle.

- When your allied units have two or less troops and are reduced to half HP, they begin to 'struggle', and will call for assistance. You can either call over other allies to help or have the Commander step in. In these skirmishes, the ally (or allies) replaces one of your troops. You can jump into a fight even when they're not struggling, as skirmishes with an ally tend to be quicker.

- Fighting an Enemy General is a tough affair, as they are far stronger than your average grunt. The only real way to beat them (at least in your first playthrough) is having the Commander face them. However, that won't do much good if you don't wear them down first. The best thing to do is have four other allies wear the General down and then move in for the assist. The resulting skirmish will have all four of your allies, complete with their Techs, able to take on these mighty enemies on an even playing field.

Although it is possible to have Allies defeat a General on their own, it won't happen until a New Game+ when you can buy Troop Upgrade bonuses.

- Although Allies have five 'lives', the Commander only has one, and cannot run from a skirmish. So if you find that the enemy is too powerful for you to take on, well... Better luck next time.

- Thankfully, losing a battle isn't as big a deal as one might think. The game takes it easy on you by having all normal Enemy units that were defeated until the time of loss stay defeated, as long as you choose 'Restart Battle'. However, events and special enemies will need to be seen and fought again.

-------------
Battlefield Traits
-------------

There are many places of the battlefield where things can happen:

- Vantage Points - Elevated patches of land overlooking certain parts of the battlefield.

Rangers and Healers can create Cannon units here.

Characters with certain skills can induce a rockslide.

Rangers can snipe distant enemies from these points, increasing their attack range immensely.

Ambushers can leap from these points for a surprise attack.

- Narrow Canyons - Narrow passages with little room for movement.

Ambushers can hide in these areas for a surprise attack.

Characters with certain skills can engulf the area in a fire attack.

Characters with certain skills can induce a rockslide.

- Bridges - Areas meant for crossing a body of water or chasm.

Ambushers can hide underneath for a surprise attack.

Characters with certain skills can engulf the area in a fire attack.

Characters with certain skills can sink the bridge, sending the enemy to the depths. (Will not work on Mounted units or Generals.)

- Shadowed Areas - Dark areas that make it difficult to see. Ambushers can hide in these places for a surprise attack.

- Fortifications - Enemy units can hide within these places to recover and use as Vantage Points for their units. Characters with certain skills can engulf these places in a fire attack, causing them to be unusable.

-------------
The Home Base
-------------

The Home Base is the central Allied HQ for the battlefield.

- Allied Units lose troops during a skirmish will return to an area near Home Base.

- Allies with lost troops can return to Home Base to recover their forces, but it takes some time before they will be ready to set out again.

- Up to two Defender units can be assigned to defend the Home Base in case the enemy should break through your lines.

- If an enemy unit reaches Home Base and there is nobody there to defend it, then the battle is lost.

-------------
New Game+
-------------

- Unlike the main game, enemies in Command Sequences do not scale upwards.

- You can access Army Customization from the very beginning of the game, and will have access to all Allied troop types.

- Just before battles, you will be given a new option to spend a small to moderate fee in order to upgrade your troops. This means you can have powerful Level 2 or Level 3 units right off the bat, making battles much faster.

-------------
Units
-------------

- Each Allied character can have up to four units with them at once. For non-commanders, the units are fixed to that characters preference. Commanders get to pick whichever four units they want.

- Furthermore, Allies and Commanders gain skills and bonuses depending on which troops they have. For example, a character with an Attacker trait that has Healers as their other Troop Preference will also be able to heal units and create cannons. Bonuses will increase if they have multiples of the same troop type.

- As Commanders can choose whatever type of unit they want, they can have up to four extra traits if they assign four different unit types, though the extra bonuses would be minimal.

(Note: Characters with Mounted troops as their secondary preference must be assigned four Mounted units in order to themselves be considered Mounted units.)

- Starting in Act 3, Units can be upgraded during a battle by sending that character to the Home Base and selecting Upgrade. Doing this will take time, but the stronger units may just make up the difference. Units can be upgraded two levels, up to 3.

--------------
Army Customization
--------------

- At the beginning of Act 4, due to story events, you will be able to choose and lead your own army, and the Army Customization option will appear in the menu screen.

- You will be able to recruit members to your army during the storyline.

- You will be able to choose from different troop types according to the troop preferences of all your Allied units.

- You will be able to choose the gender of your troops (save for Medina troops, whose genders are fixed):

Male - +1 Strength, -5 MP

Female - +1 Magic, -5 HP

- You will be able to choose the race of your troops:

Base troops can be Human, Demi-Human, or Mystic.

Guardia troops can only be Humans.

Medina troops can only be Mystics.

El Nido troops can employ Humans and Demi-Humans.

--------------
Unit Types
--------------

Attackers:

- Fighters, Soldiers, Squires, and Dragoons - Your basic foot soldiers. Strength is their specialty. They aren't too strong against magic, though.

- Soldiers are solid across the board, Dragoons prioritize attack, Squires prefer defense, while Fighters go for speed. Attributes increase through upgrading, with specializations getting a larger boost.

Defenders:

- Troopers, Henches, Heavy Knights, and Lancers - Soldiers that are meant to soak up damage. The unit of choice for defending the Home Base, choke points, or Cannon units, as while they are defending, damage taken is minimal. They are also capable of drawing nearby enemy threat, so your Mage and Ranger units can concentrate on taking them down. Certain defenders can double as attack units, though.

- Troopers have the highest defense of all units, Henches have amazingly high HP, Heavy Knights have a larger 'provoke' raidus, and Lancers make rather effective attackers. Attributes increase through upgrading, with specializations getting a larger boost.

Rangers:

- Gunners, Jugglers, Riflemen, and Cannoneers - Soldiers that can snipe enemies from afar. Finding a high vantage point on the battlefield will increase their attack range immensely. They can also construct Cannon units at these points. Their defense (except for Jugglers) leaves a bit to be desired though, so keep them out of harm's way.

- Gunners have a high rate of fire, Jugglers have defense comparable to that of Defender units, Riflemen have the largest attack range, and Cannoneers have the shortest range, but can increase the power, range, and attack area of Cannon units. Attributes increase through upgrading, with specializations getting a larger boost.

Mages:

- Innates, Magi, and Jinns - Soldiers that can decimate enemies with Elements and Magic. They are capable of casting spells of all innate types, but are rather frail and are not meant for front-line combat. The only exception to this is Schala due to her Character Skill.

- Innates cast spells at a faster rate, Magi's spells are more powerful, and Jinns are capable of teleportation. Attributes increase through upgrading, with specializations getting a larger boost.

Healers:

- Medics, Priests, and Naga-ettes - Troops capable of healing units and repairing canons. Because they can repair Cannon units, they can create them as well, making Healers a bit more versatile than those in most games. However, they have the weakest defense, so let them do their job and get them out of there.

- Medics heal more HP per unit, Priests can heal multiple units within their personal range, and Naga-ettes have faster movement speed. Attributes increase through upgrading, with specializations getting a larger boost.

Trap-Layers:

- Saboteurs and Nagas - Soldiers that can lay debilitating traps for unwary enemies. Traps will not be seen by the enemy until they trip them and can cause various status ailments as well as damage. Trap-Layers work very well in tandem with Ambushers. They are no good in a straight fight however, and the number of traps they can lay at a time is limited.

- Saboteurs can cause damage, lower attack, lower defense, and lower movement speed with their traps. Nagas can cause damage, poison, blind, and paralysis with their traps. Attributes and number of available traps will increase through upgrading, with specializations getting a larger boost.

Ambushers:

- Infiltrators and Freelancers - Troops that can surprise and disorient the enemy. Utilizing various Ambush Points around the battlefield, they can hide from sight until the enemy passes, and then strike. Ambushed enemy units are unable to move or act for a short time, and their defense is lowered.

- Infiltrators can prevent the enemy from recovering for longer, and Freelancers can inflict greater damage to ambushed enemies. Attributes increase through upgrading, with specializations getting a larger boost.

Mounted:

- Wind-Riders, Dragonriders, and Chimeras - Speed oriented mounted troops. The fastest of all available units, and their mounts make them rather tough. They have an added bonus of transporting an ally to a different part of the battlefield, good for rescuing a stranded ally unit.

- Wind-Riders can carry up to two extra allies, Chimeras offer the fastest speed, and Dragonriders can double as defenders or attackers in a pinch. Attributes increase through upgrading.

Heavy Artillery:

- Cannons, Pulse Cannons, and Rune Cannons - Stationary units that can greatly damage armored enemies and machines or attack a wide area. Upgraded Healers and Rangers can create stronger cannons.

-----------
Unit List
-----------

- Basic Troops:

Soldier - Lvl 1 = Lieutenant - Lvl 2 = Captain - Lvl 3

Trooper - Lvl 1 = Heavy Trooper - Lvl 2 = Armored Trooper - Lvl 3

Gunner - Lvl 1 = Blaster - Lvl 2 = Sniper - Lvl 3

Elementeer - Lvl 1 = Innate - Lvl 2 = Unlocked Innate - Lvl 3

Medic - Lvl 1 = Doctor - Lvl 2 = Healer - Lvl 3

Trapman - Lvl 1 = Sabeteur - Lvl 2 = Trap Master - Lvl 3

Infiltrator - Lvl 1 = Assassin - Lvl 2 = Ninja - Lvl 3

Wind-Rider - Lvl 1 = Air-Rider - Lvl 2 = Sky Rider - Lvl 3

- Guardia Troops:

Squire - Lvl 1 = Knight - Lvl 2 = Templar - Lvl 3

Heavy Knight - Lvl 1 = Iron Knight - Lvl 2 = Stalwart Knight - Lvl 3

Powder-man - Lvl 1 = Cannoneer - Lvl 2 = Helmsman - Lvl 3

Magi - Lvl 1 = Adept Magi - Lvl 2 = Grand Magi - Lvl 3

Priest - Lvl 1 = Cleric - Lvl 2 = Cardinal - Lvl 3

- El Nido Troops:

Dragoon - Lvl 1 = Dragoon Sergeant - Lvl 2 = Dragoon Leader - Lvl 3

Lancer - Lvl 1 = Adept Spear - Lvl 2 = Lance Master - Lvl 3

Rifleman - Lvl 1 = Musketman - Lvl 2 = Marksman - Lvl 3

Dragonrider - Lvl 1 = Dragon Charger - Lvl 2 = Dragon Master - Lvl 3

- Medina Troops:

Fighter - Lvl 1 = Scrapper - Lvl 2 = Pugilist - Lvl 3

Underling - Lvl 1 = Hireling - Lvl 2 = Enforcer - Lvl 3

Juggler - Lvl 1 = Jester - Lvl 2 = Pilate - Lvl 3

Jinn - Lvl 1 = Barghest - Lvl 2 = Sorcerer - Lvl 3

Naga-ette - Lvl 1 = Medusa - Lvl 2 = Lady Serpent - Lvl 3

Naga - Lvl 1 = Serpent - Lvl 2 = Uoroboros - Lvl 3

Freelancer - Lvl 1 = Tengu - Lvl 2 = Shinobi - Lvl 3

Chimera - Lvl 1 = Beast Rider - Lvl 2 = Demon Steed - Lvl 3

- Porre Troops:

Porrean Soldier - Lvl 1 = Black Wind Soldier - Lvl 2 = Imperial Guard - Lvl 3

Porrean Trooper - Lvl 1 = Black Wind Trooper - Lvl 2 = Imperial Shock Trooper - Lvl 3

Porrean Gunner - Lvl 1 = Black Wind Gunner - Lvl 2 = Imperial Pulse Sniper - Lvl 3

Porrean Innate - Lvl 1 = Black Wind Innate - Lvl 2 = Imperial Magi - Lvl 3

Porrean Medic - Lvl 1 = Black Wind Medic - Lvl 2 = Imperial Medic - Lvl 3

Porrean Sabateur - Lvl 1 = Black Wind Agent - Lvl 2 = Imperial Debilitator - Lvl 3

Porrean Assassin - Lvl 1 = Black Wind Assassin - Lvl 2 = Imperial Assassin - Lvl 3

Porrean Wind-Rider - Lvl 1 = Black Wind-Rider - Lvl 2 = Imperial Wind-Rider - Lvl 3

- Unique Enemy Troops (Porre):

Cyborg - Lvl 1 = Android - Lvl 2 = Bioroid - Lvl 3

Porrean Commander - Lvl 1 = Black Wind Commander - Lvl 2 = Imperial Commander - Lvl 3

Carrier - Lvl 1 = Black Wind Carrier - Lvl 2 = Imperial Carrier - Lvl 3

Warmech - Lvl 1 = Black Wind Warmech - Lvl 2 = Imperial Warmech - Lvl 3

Anti-Air Cannon

Gate Guardian

Lion Tank

Beelzebub 666 Warmech

Purge Generator

Hans

Diana

Dalton

Blackbird

- Unique Enemy Troops (Guardia):

Corrupted Knight

Corrupted Magi

Corrupted Priest

Sven

Corrupted Sven

-----------
Allies and Skills List
-----------

Commanders:

- Lark:

Character Type - Attacker
Troop Preference - Attackers and Ambushers
Character Skill - War Cry - Increase ally attack strength to those in range.
Commander Skill - Frozen Flare - Uses the Flame's power to ignite a large area. (Can induce fire attacks.)

- Glenn:

Character Type - Ranger
Troop Preference - Rangers and Mounted
Character Skill - Eagle Eye - Increase attack range of Rangers and Mages.
Commander Skill - Air Strike - Call in support from the air troops.

- Schwann:

Character Type - Mounted
Troop Preference - Mounted and Attackers
Character Skill - Stonewall - Increase ally defense strength of those in range.
Commander Skill - Grand Quake - Earth power overtakes a wide area. (Can trigger rockslides at certain ambush points.)

- Reika:

Character Type - Healer
Troop Preference - Healers and Mages
Character Skill - Cure - Restore ally unit health.
Commander Skill - Ocean's Rondo - Unleash a water storm. (Heals ally units in affected area.)

- Laura:

Character Type - Defender
Troop Preference - Defenders and Healers
Character Skill - Resurrection - Restore lost troop numbers to allies in range.
Commander Skill - Heaven's Light - Call down destructive light.

- Gilbert:

Character Type - Ambusher
Troop Preference - Ambushers and Rangers
Character Skill - Cloak - Makes unit invisible to enemy line of sight.
Commander Skill - Nebulous Wave - Summon orbs of darkness. (Inflicts status effects on surviving enemy units.)

- Schala:

Character Type - Mage
Troop Preference - Mages and Trap-Layers
Character Skill - Combat Magic - A passive skill that gives her units the battle capabilities of melee units.
Commander Skill - Dreamer's Cry - Unleash a mighty wave of energy. (Increase stats of allies in affected area.)

Allies:

(With the exception of Magil and Kaege, all 'optional' allies will automatically join before the assault of Porre, just in case you missed talking to them.)

- Magil:

Character Type - Mage
Troop Preference - Mages and Ambushers
Character Skill - Mystic Font - Increase power of Mage spells and Healer talents.
Joins: Beginning of Act 2 (Leaves at the end of Act 3)

- Roas:

Troop Preference - Attackers and Healers
Character Skill - X-Breaker - Heavy Damage to Warmechs and Cyborgs
Joins - Beginning of Act 4

- Vathos:

Character Type - Ranger
Troop Preference - Rangers and Defenders
Character Skill - Gun Kata - Hits Enemy units in an area around him.

- Ninya:

Troop Preference - Defenders and Attackers
Character Skill - Heavy Counter - Attack while defending.

Techno:

Character Type - Trap-Layer
Troop Preference - Trap-Layers and Healers
Character Skill - Hide - Become invisible to enemies as they pass harmlessly around you.

Maria:

Troop Preference - Defenders and Ambushers
Character Skill - Flag-Bearer - Empower allies within 'provoke' radius.
Joins - After the events of Schwann's personal quest in Act 4.

Garai:

Character Type - Mounted
Troop Preference - Mounted and Defenders
Character Skill - Dive & Drive - Attack an enemy and stop its movement.
Joins - Talk to him anytime during Act 4.

Marta:

Character Type - Healer
Troop Preference - Healers and Mounted
Character Skill - Pep-Up - Restore HP and Status
Joins - Talk to her anytime during Act 4.

Hubert:

Character Type - Ranger
Troop Preference - Rangers and Trap-Layers
Character Skill - Tinderbox - Create a fire attack at enemy fortifications.
Talk to him anytime during Act 4.

Ozzie:

Character Type - Trap-Layer
Unit Preference - Trap-Layers and Ambushers
Character Skill - Max Defense - Sacrifice mobility for temporary invulnerability for allies in range. (Can still attack enemy units.)
Joins - Automatically before the assault of Porre in Act 4.

Slash:

Character Type - Ambusher
Troop Preference - Ambushers and Mages
Character Skill - Slasher Charge - Deal greater damage to normal Enemy units.
Joins - Talk to him anytime during Act 4.

Flea:

Character Type - Mage
Troop Preference - Mages and Mounted
Character Skill - Kiss of Death - Toss an extra-powerful fire spell. (Can induce a fire attack.)
Joins - Talk to 'her' anytime during Act 4.

Kaege:

Character Type - Mounted
Troop Preference - Mounted and Ambushers
Character Skill - Earth Mover - Cause a rockslide and destroy bridges at certain Ambush Points.
Joins: Act 3 (Leaves after Act 3)

Rupert:

Troop Preference - Attackers and Mages
Character Skill - Speed Blade - Passive skill that causes unit to hit twice per attack.
Joins - After completing Sin and Punishment mission, then talking to him with Schala at the head of the party.

Terrence:

Character Type - Healer
Troop Preference - Healers and Rangers
Character Skill - Full Revive - Restores all troops to a single Allied unit.
Joins - Near the end of the assault of Porre.

--------------
Troop Skills
--------------

Attack - Every unit is capable of Attacking.

Heal - Heals Ally unit HP. Slight charge time. Healers only.

Cast - Fires an Element or Magic Spell. Slight casting time. Mages only.

Snipe - Fires your gun from range. Slight reload time. Rangers only.

Guard - Takes a defensive stance and reduces damage. Defenders only.

Provoke - Draws threat of nearby enemies. Defenders only.

Preparation - Disappear at Ambush Points, waiting to strike. Ambushers only.

Lay Trap - Lay a trap for unwary enemies. Trap-Layers only.

Detonate Trap - Detonates a trap remotely. Trap-Layers only.

Carry Ally - Allow an ally on board your steed. Mounted only.

Drop Off - Drop an ally off at a designated area. Mounted only.

Rescue Ally - Rescue a besieged ally and drop them off at Home Base. Mounted only.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 07:30:35 pm by skylark »

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
    • View Profile
---------------
Omake #1
---------------

(Sitting at a desk typing furiously on an iPad, is a chibified author. Think one of the Dream Team sprites, only have him with messy brown hair and beard, nerd glasses, and turtle shell. A chibified Reika sits next to him.)

Reika: Okay, first rule of authoring: No Mary Sues/Gary Stus.

*Looks at future notes for story and sweatdrops.*

Uhhhhh... Check.

Reika: Second rule: No distractions in the middle of a chapter. Focus your butt off.

*Plays Chrono Trigger on the PSP.*

Reika: *cough*

*Puts game away.* Check!

Reika: Final rule: If one of your viewers whips out the Picard, you find out what went wrong, and then you backtrack! Backtrack like a motherfu-

Reika! :shock:

Reika: *ahem* Whoops! Nearly slipped! :P

Okay. So how will these rules make me a better writer?

Reika: I dunno.

*Sits in the Corner of Woe.*

Figures... :roll:

[END]

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
    • View Profile
Ending List *SPOILER WARNING!!!*

There are three different types of endings; Main Story Endings, Alternative Endings, and Optional Endings. They are as follows:

Main Story Endings - These endings are acquired when playing through the game fully and defeating the final boss. There are three of them in total.

1. The Future Refused to Change - The Bad Ending. This ending automatic for your first playthrough of the game, so it is required to see all other endings in the game. For New Game+, you can get this ending by NOT doing special story-related optional quests that appear in the second playthrough (Precursor Ruins and Zeal Ruins). You receive the Black Fragment Key Item upon completion.

2. The Cycle Perpetuates... - The Normal Ending. This ending can be acquired by completing the optional Precursor Ruins and Zeal Ruins story quests during Act 4 in a New Game+. You receive the White Fragment Key Item upon completion.

3. Our Planet's Future - The True Ending. This ending can be aquired in a New Game+. There are also many factors in getting this elusive ending.

- Completing the Precursor Ruins and Zeal Ruins in Act 4.
- Acquiring all six Fragments of the Chrono Cross by viewing the Bad and Normal Endings and the four Alternative Endings.
- Helping Techno reconstruct the Original Timeline with the Codex.
- Completing ALL missions.
- Reconstructing the Chrono Cross before the Assault of Porre in Act 4.

Alternative Endings - These endings are acquired by defeating 'unwinnable' super-bosses at various points in the game during a New Game+. Viewing them nets you the remaining four Fragments of the Chrono Cross, used to achieve the True Ending.

1. Madness of the Flame - This ending can be acquired by defeating Lark at Manoria Cathedral at the start of Act 2. You receive the Red Fragment Key Item upon completion.

2. The Dream of Zeal Lives On - This ending can be aquired after Lark is sent to 12001 BC and defeats Queen Zeal at the Zeal Core during Act 3. You receive the Yellow Fragment Key Item upon completion.

3. A Future of Steel - This ending can be acquired once you can access the 'airship' in Act 3 and defeating the Colossus in Porre. You receive the Green Fragment Key Item upon completion.

4. Long Live the Queen - This ending can be acquired by defeating Kale after the Assault of Porre in Act 4. You receive the Blue Fragment Key Item upon completion.

Optional Endings - These endings are the traditional 'beat the Final Boss early' endings from earlier Chrono games, and can be seen through a New Game+ after viewing the Normal Ending.

The difference is, considering you will be locked in certain areas for most of the game, there is no singular gate or warp point you can use. Instead, you must go to a save point, then use Lark's Amulet from the Key Item menu. You will proceed to fight the Final Boss of the Normal Ending.

1. Heroes of Guardia - This ending can be acquired the moment Schala exits the Time Gate to 1227 AD after the completion of both prologues.

2. Unchanging Everyday -

3. Porre High Command Under New Management -

4. Vastor's Folly -

5. The Cycle Continues - This ending can be aquired after Glenn leaves the party, but before going to the Zaineheim Ruins.

6. Future Perfect -

7. Balthesar's Victory...? - This ending can be acquired after completing all El Nido missions except 'Dragon God's Remnants' in Act 3.

8. Revenge of the Dragonians -

9. NuMamonja, the Perfect! - This ending can be aquired after accepting the 'And the Award Goes To...' Mission, but before completing it in Act 4. A very thin window of opportunity.

10. Another Century -

11. Kale, King of Dragons - This ending can be acquired just before the Assault of Porre in Act 4.

12. A Slide Show For The Ages - This ending can be acquired at the start of Act 4 before reuniting with your other party members. However, there are two variations of the ending, which depends on wether Lark or Schala is the lead character when using Lark's Amulet.

Lark using it will have the slideshow feature the guys on 'commentary', and Schala using it will feature the girls on 'commentary'.

(To be modified later)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 11:59:34 pm by skylark »

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
    • View Profile
Okay, you know what? I've been thinking about it, and I've decided to change the soundtrack.

Placeholders are all well and good, but listening to the Chrono Crisis soundtrack on YouTube, I've realized that nothing really beats a good old original composition... or a decent remix of existing tracks.

So I'm gonna go over each track individually, giving a general description of how it should sound and feel.

*pipe dream* And then maybe, one day, someone might attempt to perform these compositions. And I would rejoice. ;_; *pipe dream*

Well, back to work.

Edit: And somehow, I became a Square Table Knight. Yay me!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:32:07 am by skylark »

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
    • View Profile
RESET!

(Okay, I decided to do the soundtrack stuff a bit differently. I will put the name of the track, what or where it's for, and a bit of a description of how it should sound or the general feel. Placeholders are nice, but nothing beats a good old-fashioned original composition. So if any of the musical-inclined wishes to take a shot at these, by all means, go for it. I'll try not to be too harsh of a critic. )

(Having said that, I do have a preferred style. As this is a Chrono project, a style reminiscent of Yasunori Mitsuda is a must. However, I'm also quite fond of Masashi Hamauzu, so a combination of both would be ideal.)

(I put the soundtrack back here, since these descriptions are far more spoiler-heavy than everything I've done to this point, besides the skit. I felt it would be more appropriate.)

*SPOILERS FOR CHARACTERS, PLACES, AND BOSSES!!!*

Character Themes - Party Member Characters will have one overarching theme, but during certain times will be remixed accordingly to the situation.
----

Schala's Theme (Normal) - General idea: Reminiscense of something that was once so beautiful, but no longer. Not much to be said other than a remix of Schala's theme from Trigger. Unlike the other characters, her normal theme is her sad mix, adding a bit of violin to the song.

(Guilt) - General idea: The heroine comes face-to-face with the damage she has caused. A dark reprise of her theme, with an emphasis on the organ, heavier violin, and a slightly distorted melody. In a way, think Schala's Theme mixed with The Dead Sea.

Note: This theme will play prominently in the Zeal Ruins.

(Will) - General idea: She is the only one left who can save them all, but she must hurry. A fast-paced, yet surprisingly heroic reprise of her theme. May carry shades of Life: A Faraway Promise within its melody.

(Hope) - General idea: For the first time in so many years, she can finally believe that her life is worth something after all. Like Will above, only slower. A triumphant reprise of her theme.

---

Lark's Theme (Normal) - General idea: "I'm ready to kick some ass. Who's with me?!" It has a sort of a slow metal theme, heavy electric guitar. Rather heroic sounding, appropriate for one of the two lead characters.

(Sin) - General idea: The hero has been corrupted by evil (the Frozen Flame). The metal from the original theme is replaced by a sinister organ. Meant to invoke that the hero possibly won't come back from this intact. A dark mix of the theme.

(Atone) - General idea: "I screwed everything up. How can I make up for it...?" A sad mix of the theme. Violins have a stronger focus than the other mixes, and the metal is gone completely. Generally sad, but with a tinge of hope at the end that says maybe everything will end up alright in the end.

(Conflict) - General idea: The hero has entered the battlefield, and it's personal. Could almost be seen as a battle theme of its own right, but it doesn't play often enough to warrant it.

---

Glenn's Theme (Normal) - General idea: "Who cares about the specifics? We just have to keep moving day by day."

(In the Dumps) - General idea: Sometimes the past threatens to drown us.

(Jackpot) - General idea: "I'm on a roll! You can't stop me!"

---

Reika's Theme (Normal) - General idea: "Cheer up! As long as we're together, we can do anything!"

(Childhood Promise) - General idea: Precious memories of happier days.

(Longing) - General idea: No matter what she does, her one desire seems always out of reach...

---

Gilbert's Theme (Normal) - General idea: He hides in the shadows, ever watchful.

(Previous Lifetime) - General idea: A recollection of how he came to be who he is...

(Duty) - General idea: He has dedicated the remainder of his life to protect his charges, so he cannot die yet.

---

Laura's Theme (Normal) - General idea: An honorable soul who has no clue of her place in the world.

(Cast Aside) - General idea: Despite her unfailing duty, she is sacrificed without a second thought...

(Legacy) - General idea: In her veins runs the blood of heroes. She will not be beaten.

---

Schwann's Theme (Normal) -

(Failure) -

(Honor Bound) -

---

Magil's Theme (Normal) -

(Dark Sorcery) -

---

Dalton's Theme -

Shald's Theme -

Balthesar's Theme -

Kale's Theme - General idea: He wages war against the planet itself in hatred, desiring the return of what was denied him.

Zeal's Theme -

Celia's Theme -

Nu & Mamo's Theme -

Gato's Song -

Robo Gang Johnny Redeux -

Alphard's Theme -

Lavos' Theme -

General Character Themes - These themes are for factions, not just any one character.

Radical Dreamers -

Knights of Guardia -

The Acacia Dragoons -

Porrean Pride -

The Mystic Knights -

The Zweibreicht Company -

_________

Town Themes - Music used for towns and cities.

Humble Beginnings (Braugnwein Residence) -

Mountainside Village (San Dorino) -

City of Steel (Porre) -

Home Sweet Home (Zweibreicht Company Branches) -

Welcome to Our Town (Truce) -

Overzealous Pride (Vastor Estate) -

In the Doldrums (Manoria) -

-

Village by the Sea () -

A City of Wealth and Taste (Choras) -

Chronopolis -

Futuristic Paradise (Termina Dome) -

Inter-temporal Nexus (Gaspar's Space) -

-

Festive Atmosphere (Termina) -

Dragon's Pride (Viper Manor) -

Village of Lost Fragments (Arni Village) -

Home of Shamans (Guldove) -

Song of Marbule (Marbule) -

Lost Aspirations (Medina in Ruins) -

Majesty of the Ancient Kingdom (Zeal) -

Disquieting Magic (Zeal Palace) -

Rebuilding (Medina under reconstruction) -

-

Desert Oasis (North Oasis) -

Restored Hopes (Medina restored) -

A Forgotten Townhouse (Kid's Villa) -

_________

Dungeon Themes - Music used for dungeons and overworld areas, anywhere there are monsters or enemies.

Opening Salvo (Ark of the Black Lion, Schala's Prologue) -

First Mission (Dorino Research Labs, Lark's Prologue) -

Forest of Time (Fiona's Forest, Guardia Forest, Manoria Forest, Shadow Forest) -

Earth's Majesty (Danadorio Mountains, Zenan Plains, Fossil Valley, Gaia's Navel) -

Delving Into the Darkness (Dorino Mines, Magic Cave, Truce Sewerways, Heckran Cave) -

Dead and Dying Dreams (Guardia Castle Ruins) -

Military Brandish (Aquarius Labs) -

-

Bitter Memories of Murder (Zaineheim Ruins) -

The Dead Speak Back (Ghost Ship, Isle of the Damned) -

Future Shock (Geno Dome) -

Winter's Waltz (El Nido Highway, Water Dragon Isle) -

At the End of All Things (End of Time) -

-

Golden Wasteland (Earth Dragon Isle, Medina Wastes) -

The Fires of Hell (Mt. Pyre, Abyssal Fissure) -

Fortress of Dragons (Fort Dragonia) -

Dragon God's Lament (Terra Tower) -

Beginning of the End (Zeal Catacombs, Zeal Core) -

Forgotten Dreams of the Ancients (Elemental Weaponology Palace, Sun Palace) -

Fear of Stagnation (Balthesar's Lab) -

-

Price of Avarice (Viscount Galbanni's Manor) -

Corrupted Giant of Machinery (Corrupted Shald) -

Blood and Malice (Vastor Estate Invasion) -

Planet's Sorrow (Precursor Ruins) -

The Devil's Ascent (Ark of the Black Lion 2nd Assault) -

Insipid Immortality (Corrupted Zeal Palace) -

Nightmare Absolution (Dimensional Distortion) -

At the Shore of the Sea of Dreams (Zurvan) -

_________

World Themes - Music from the world map and certain situations.

Easy Travelling (Act 1) -

An Uncertain Time (Act 2) -

Island's Embrace (El Nido) -

On the Edge of Destiny (Act 3) -

On Wings to the Future (Epoch "Phoenix" Theme) -

On the Path of Revolution (Act 4) -

Danger From the Stars (Final) -

_________

Event Themes - Music used during general and special situations.

To All the Dreamers... (Main Theme) -

What We Wish to Cherish (Lark & Schala) -

Recurrence (Timeline changing events) -

Ominous Presence (Uncertainty) -

Distorted Justice (Trial and Execution) -

Conflict and Crisis (Danger) -

As the Days Wear On... (Daily Life) -

Hiding in the Shadows (Infiltration) -

An Unusual Event (Silliness) -

Drowning Cries (Sorrow) -

Held in Check (Anger) -

Unyielding (Determination) -

Conflict and Retaliation (VS Porrean Soldiers) -

Unfathomed Fear (Horror) -

Evil Flame (Frozen Flame) -

Why Go On? (Despair) -

We Dream Together (Within the Dreamscape) -

Silver Lining (Hopefulness) -

Taking Responsibility (Defense of Medina - Lark) -

Conflict and Resolution (Defense of Medina - Schala) -

Brother and Sister (Magil's Farewell) -

Fiendlord (Lark's Crowning) -

Towards the Golden Time (Happiness) -

Preparing for Battle (Command Sequence Preparation Menu) -

History Before Your Eyes (Codex) -

In Harmony (The Chrono Cross) -

Live With Me In Victory (Lark's speech before the Assault of Porre) -

Was it All Pointless...? (Game Over) -

Kingdoms and Empires (Between Act Narration) -

All Was For This Moment! (The Assault of Porre) -  

Calling Upon the Apocalypse (The spawns of Lavos merging) -

Together As One (Assault on the Massive Parasite) -

My Greatest Mistake (Bad Ending - An Ally's Death) -

Distorted Love (Normal Ending - Confronting Kale) -

Broken Promise (Normal Ending - An Ally's Sacrifice) -

Face to Face (True Ending - Schala VS Lavos) -

Fly (True Ending - Escape) -

_________

Battle Themes - Music used during normal battles and boss battles.

Arcing Flash (Act 1) -

Disillusioned Hearts (Act 2) -

Wings of Battle (Act 3) -

Warrior's Cry (Act 4) -

Savior (Final Dungeon) -

-

Formidable Foe (Boss Fight) -

Frightening Opponent (Intense Boss Fight) -

-

On the Steps of Madness (Diana/Hans Boss Fight) -

Overbearing Patriot (Shald Boss Fight) -

A Giant Threat (Colossus Boss Fight) -

Emperor of All (Dalton Boss Fight) -

Dance of Insanity (Carmillia Boss Fight) -

Black Heart of Hatred (Lark Boss Fight) -

Coming of The Devil (King Zeal Boss Fight) -

Immortal's Banquet (Queen Zeal Boss Fight) -

Planet's Judge (Kale Boss Fight) -

-

Arrival of Apocalypse (Lavos Boss Fight) -

Parasitic Takeover (Corrupted Foe Boss Fight) -

Justice and Vengeance (Final Dalton Battle) -

Self-Destruction (Bad Ending Final Boss) -

Dragon's Grief (Final Kale Battle) -

Mercy Killing (Normal Ending Final Boss) -

Temporal Freefall (Lavos Final Battle Stage 1) -

Twisted Evolution (Lavos Final Battle Stage 2) -

Self Preservation (Lavos Final Battle Stage 3) -

To the Settling of All (Final Battle) -

_________

Command Sequence Themes - Music used during Command Sequences.

To War! (Normal Battle Theme) -

Unexpected Complication (Surprise Attack) -

Cutting Losses (Retreat) -

March Forward! (Allied Advantage) -

-

The Lady's Fervor (Defense of Viper Manor) -

To the Death! (Defense of Medina - Second Half) -

Recapture (Invasion of Guardia) -

Full Bore (Assault of Porre - Front Gates) -

Vipers in the Water (Assault of Porre - Docks) -

Divebomber (Assault of Porre - Skyline) -

Altogether Now... (Assault of Porre - Central District)

One Last Push (Assault of Porre - Purge Protocol)

Ending Themes - Music played during the main three endings.

(To be modified later...)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 03:37:12 pm by skylark »

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
    • View Profile
Boss Bestiary

*SPOILERS!*

Act 1:

1. Arkham

HP - 800
Element - Black
Location - Arc of the Black Lion (Schala's Prologue)
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

2. Alpha Squall Warmech MkIII
HP - 500
Element - White
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal - None
Drop -

3. Forest Troll, Left Arm, Right Arm

HP -
HP (Left Arm) -
HP (Right Arm) - 
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

4. RolyKing

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

5. Element Eater

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

6. Ozzie (1)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

7. Slash (1)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

8. Flea (1)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

9. Crowley (1)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

10. Jansen (1)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

11. Browning (1)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

12. Wingapede

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

13. Heckran

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

14. Hi-Ho Tank

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

15. Hans Vaal (1)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

16. Ahriman 386-Z Warmech

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

17. Yarzren X3 Warmech

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

18. Gato

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

19. Shinobi

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

20. Faerie Swarm

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

21. Ozzie (2)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

22. Schwann

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

23. Assassin

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

24. Guard Carrier

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

25. Dalton (1)

HP -
Element -
Location - Zeal Ruins - Entryway
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal - None
Drop -

------
Act 2:
------

1. Lark (1)

HP -
Element -
Location - Manolia Cathedral
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

2. Laura

HP -
Element -
Location - Guardia Forest
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Saints - Assaulter
Saints - Recovery
Saints - Lightbringer
Saints - Overseer

3. Lark (2)

HP -
Element -
Location - Zaineheim - Hospital Ruins
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

4. Lark (3)

HP -
Element -
Location - Ghost Ship
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

5. Lark (Demon State)

HP -
Element -
Location - Ghost Ship
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

6. Corrupted Lark

HP -
Element -
Location - Ghost Ship
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

7. Kale (1)

HP -
Element -
Location - Chronopolis
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Lavos Spawn

8. Yarlen Shald

HP -
Element -
Location - Geno Dome
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

9. Matured Lavos Spawn (1)

HP -
Element -
Location - Geno Dome
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

10. Matured Lavos Spawn (2)

HP -
Element -
Location - Geno Dome
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

11. Colossus (1)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Kale (2)

HP -
Element -
Location - End of Time
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

------
Act 3:
------

1. Giant Nu

HP -
Element -
Location - Sea of El Nido
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

2. Hi Ho Warmech

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

3. Sven

HP -
Element -
Location - Viper Manor
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Assassin

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

4. Jansen (2)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

5. 382Custom Warmech

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

6. Crowley (2)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

7. Browning (2)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Bloodfang Merc

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

8. Slash (2)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

9. Flea (2)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

10. Diana Vaal

HP -
Element -
Location - Viper Manor
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

11. Corrupted Diana

HP -
Element -
Location - Viper Manor
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

12. Ozzie (3)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

13. Super Slash

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

14. Diva Flea

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

15. Samaele Zeal

HP -
Element -
Location - Zeal Palace - Central Core
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Notes: Defeating this boss will earn you the Yellow Fragment and the ending 'The Dream of Zeal Lives On'.

16. Dalton (2)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

17. Dalton (3)

HP -
Element -
Location - Medina Palace - Rune Altar
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Mura
Same

18. Murasame (1)

HP -
Element -
Location - Medina Palace - Rune Altar
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

19. Hans Vaal (2)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

20. Corrupted Hans

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

21. Rockroach

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

22. Crowley (3)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

23. Freya RX82 Carrier

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

24. Browning (3)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

25. Zealian Forgemaster

HP -
Element -
Location - Elemental Weaponology Palace - Unholy Forge
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

26. The Great Ozzie

HP -
Element -
Location - Ozzie's Fort - Room of Decay
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

27. Elder Lavos Spawn

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

28. Red Tyranno

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

29. Colossus (2)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

30. Colossus (3)

HP -
Element -
Location - Porre 1228 AD
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Notes - Defeating this boss will earn you the Green Fragment and the 'A Future of Steel' ending.

31. Defense System

HP -
Element -
Location - Balthezar's Labs - Oversser's Chamber
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Nu Bit Alpha
Nu Bit Gamma

------
Act 4:
------

1. Corrupted Viper

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

2. Lavos Shifter

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

3. Corrupted Shald (Core)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Genocide Ray
Patriot's Arm

4. Crowley (4)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

5. Azazel CX95 Omega Warmech

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

6. Marduke

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

7. Nu

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

8. Kid

HP -
Element -
Location - Guardia 1027 AD - Cliffside
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

9. Beeba Chieftain

HP -
Element -
Location - El Nido - Hydra Marshes
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Beeba

10. Hi Ho Army

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

11. Chrono

HP -
Element -
Location - Dorino Mountains - Overlook
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

12. Rupert

HP -
Element -
Location - Manolia Cathedral - Ruins
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

13. King Zeal

HP -
Element -
Location - Tessaract
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Demon Idol

14. Carmillia

HP -
Element -
Location - Vastor Estate - Audience Chamber
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Fanatic Templar

15. Corrupted Carmillia

HP -
Element -
Location - Vastor Estate - Audience Chamber
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

16. Colossus (4)

HP -
Element -
Location - Ark of the Black Lion - Radiant Gates
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

17. Futuristic Colossus: Giga Gaia

HP -
Element -
Location - Arc of the Black Lion - Radiant Gates
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

18. Dalton (4)

HP -
Element -
Location - Arc of the Black Lion - Emperor's Chambers
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

19. Murasame (2)

HP -
Element -
Location - Arc of the Black Lion - Emperor's Chambers
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

20. Dalton (5)

HP -
Element -
Location - Arc of the Black Lion - Tower Apex
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Demonic Sword

Kale (3)

HP -
Element -
Location - Porre 1230 AD
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Notes - Defeating this boss will earn you the Blue Fragment and the 'Long Live the Queen' ending.

-------
Bad Ending
-------

1. Queen Zeal

HP -
Element -
Location - Parasite Palace - Throne Room
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

2. Schala

HP -
Element -
Location - Parasite Palace - Core
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

3. Corrupted Schala (Final Boss)

HP -
HP (Frozen Flame)
Element -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

-------
Normal Ending
-------

1. Lavos Shadow

HP -
Element -
Location - Precursor Ruins
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

2. Zeal (1)

HP -
Element -
Location - Zeal Ruins
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Demon's Wrath
Princess' Guilt

3. Zeal (2)

HP -
Element -
Location - Parasite Palace - Throne Room
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

4. Corrupted Zeal

HP -
Element -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Left Hand
Right Hand

5. Lavos (Gatekeeper)

HP -
Element -
Location - Angra Mainyu
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Left Arm
Right Arm

6. Kale (Phase 1)

HP -
Element -
Location - Angra Mainyu - Gate of Ahura Mazda
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

7. Kale (Phase 2)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Dragon Orb

8. Kale (Phase 3)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Lavos Spawn

9. Kale (Phase 4)

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

10. Corrupted Saffira (Final Boss)

HP -
Element -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

------
True Ending
------

1. Kale (Phase 5)

HP -
Element -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Frozen Flame

2. Corrupted Saffira

HP -
Element -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

3. Lavos (Embryo)

HP -
Element -
Location - Gate of Ahura Mazda - Freefall
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

4. Lavos (Cocoon)

HP -
Element -
Location - Zurvan
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

5. Corrupted Assassin

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

6. Corrupted Noble

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

7. Corrupted General

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

8. Corrupted Soldier

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

9. Corrupted Scientist

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

10. Corrupted Demon

HP -
Element -
Location -
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

11. Lavos (Core)

HP -
Element - All
Location - Zurvan
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Right Bit
Left Bit

12. Lavos (Final Evolution) (True Final Boss)

HP -
Element - All
Location - Zurvan
Attacks -

EXP -
G -
Tech Points -
Steal -
Drop -

Left Bit
Right Bit
Frozen Flame