Author Topic: I posted this in Reddit but I thought why not see what my favorite people think?  (Read 4651 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
To be honest, I think the best thing that could happen to the series right now is if a small group of indie developers that haven't even become a "company" yet, were to make a game and bootleg it as "the next final fantasy."

*looks around* Where's Faustwolf when you need him? We have the technology, we can rebuild the series. Make it faster, stronger, better.

Why reboot Final Fantasy when we could make our own unique game, without ties to an existing franchise? Looking back through this thread... there are a ton of damn good ideas! And an indie game can't be C&Ded.
LET'S GET DOWN ON IT! (After I get internet again!) I'M READY LIKE... er... SPAGHETTI!

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Why reboot Final Fantasy...

Because if we didn't, then I couldn't work in a Million Dollar Man reference :P

Though, for making the game, that could be fun, but to be realistic, we'd really need to hammer out engine, coders, and spriters first. Those are the things that there never seems to be enough of.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
 :P

True. Without those essentials, I don't think the Compendium currently has the manpower to design another game. But it's nice to dream, and the possibility is now out there.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Though, for making the game, that could be fun, but to be realistic, we'd really need to hammer out engine, coders, and spriters first. Those are the things that there never seems to be enough of.

JRPGs are relatively simple technically, but very content heavy. You'd want a team that was biased (numerically) toward artists, then designers, then coders. This is not to say that their importance is in that (or any) order, but where the most hours of work will likely be.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Without those essentials, I don't think the Compendium currently has the manpower to design another game.
Challenge accepted! XD