Author Topic: Question on KWhazit's CT Retranslation patch  (Read 1229 times)

BFG

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Question on KWhazit's CT Retranslation patch
« on: October 02, 2012, 01:45:40 am »
I'm scouring the forums to see if this question's already been answered, but in the meantime...

I've decided to start a new playthrough of CT (SNES) after learning about KWhazit's literal translation patch.
On some sites, I've read that this patch not only retranslates the original Japanese script, but also restores the game's original difficulty level.  But the Compendium page itself makes no mention of this.  I'm hoping that it does restore the difficulty, but from the few battles I've experienced so far, the difficulty seems exactly the same as before.

Can anyone confirm whether this patch restores the original difficulty level?  If not, do any patches exist which do so?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Question on KWhazit's CT Retranslation patch
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 09:17:02 am »
It doesn't, but that's because there was no difficulty change between the game versions. There was no such thing as a Chrono Trigger Easytype of anything like that; they should be identical.

BFG

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Question on KWhazit's CT Retranslation patch
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 11:43:30 am »
Good to know!  Thanks.

It's interesting how Internet rumors can get started...first one site says "the Japanese CT was harder", and then suddenly the retranslation patch is solving that "problem".
I may have to install the user-made CT Hardtype patch for a little added challenge.