Author Topic: Demon God?  (Read 9196 times)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Demon God?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2005, 03:51:30 am »
Looks mega cool, To bad SNES probably couldn't have effects like that xD

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Demon God?
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2005, 03:53:03 am »
BTW, maybe the statue is just a God for the Mystics?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Demon God?
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2005, 04:08:11 am »
If it was just a God for the Mystics I don't understand why Magus would have it in his weird lil summoning chamber deep in his castle...Where we never see any Mystics really...

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Demon God?
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2005, 06:03:09 am »
Probably he didn't build the chamber, nor ordered to build it. Probably, it was designed long ago as a point where a lot of "magic power" or "mystic energies" gathered... like a shatter point. It would seem just natural that Magus used it for his summoning.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Demon God?
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2005, 06:40:29 am »
Quote from: jotabe1789
Probably he didn't build the chamber, nor ordered to build it. Probably, it was designed long ago as a point where a lot of "magic power" or "mystic energies" gathered... like a shatter point. It would seem just natural that Magus used it for his summoning.

Yes, the Mystics would prepare for war before Janus even arrived in the Middle Ages. But I think he just needed a location with enough room and the things needed for a summoning i.e, torches, those blue flames on the floor, perhaps some symbol of dark magic...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Demon God?
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2005, 07:25:07 am »
Yeah, but it's called Magus' Castle...Not "Ancient Mystic Castle" or w/e...I guess I'm just going on what I see, but w/e...

Also, how would they prepare for war back then when we don't even know when the war started?

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Demon God?
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2005, 07:44:32 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Yeah, but it's called Magus' Castle...Not "Ancient Mystic Castle" or w/e...I guess I'm just going on what I see, but w/e...

Also, how would they prepare for war back then when we don't even know when the war started?

They prepared to go for a war. Janus just appeared and assumed the spot of their leader, and made them more organized, gave spells to their generals... He was a prince, so he would obviously like to be in the high spot of a king\prince\lord.  If Janus had not come, the Mystics would probably lose much earlier in the war, more so due to the fact Cyrus would still be alive with the Masamune still intact.

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Demon God?
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2005, 07:58:16 am »
Yeah, Ozzie, Flea and Slash looked like they had big plans for the kid when they found him :D but at the end, who used whom?

Oh man... this is terrible. Now, every time i think of little kid Janus, the word "youngling" comes to my mind!!!  :|

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Demon God?
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2005, 08:30:43 am »
Yeah, Ozzie, Flea and Slash looked like they had big plans for the kid when they found him :D but at the end, who used whom?

Oh man... this is terrible. Now, every time i think of little kid Janus, the word "youngling" comes to my mind!!!  :|

A wise, green man once said:

"Thou art... the filthy urchin!"

~Sigh~ The green dude sure rules.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
Demon God?
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2005, 08:55:58 am »
Green...men...rule...really.

That Lavos Battle Scene pic is effing awesome!!!

Quote from: Translanka

Simple, Janus used his powerful skills to use it as his own.

Also note, the castle looks WAY old. Probably like 100 years old and half in ruins nearly. Which would explain why it was...ancient.

Also, it was called Magus' Castle so the player knew where they were going!

~LC

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Demon God?
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2005, 09:11:05 am »
Quote from: Lordchander
Green...men...rule...really.

That Lavos Battle Scene pic is effing awesome!!!

Quote from: Translanka

Simple, Janus used his powerful skills to use it as his own.

Also note, the castle looks WAY old. Probably like 100 years old and half in ruins nearly. Which would explain why it was...ancient.

Also, it was called Magus' Castle so the player knew where they were going!

~LC

Moreover Magus is just a title which means mage (in Japan it's Maou which means demon king or something), so perhaps it's just a castle for maguses, not this magus particularly. Maybe Janus wasn't even the first magus in the Mystic history...

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Demon God?
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2005, 09:22:45 am »
Yeah... i remember that the Demon King in the japanse version of the Legend of Saiyuki is called Gyu-Maou or something like that.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
Demon God?
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2005, 09:37:03 am »
Maybe a 'Magus' is like a Mystic Ruler or something! That would explain how he got that name.

~LC

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Demon God?
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2005, 09:43:18 am »
With Magus meaning "mage" or "wise man" in Latin, it would make sense that the mystics would use the word as a maximal rank... like in fascist regimes they used "führer", "duce" or "caudillo".

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Demon God?
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2005, 09:55:43 am »
With Magus meaning "mage" or "wise man" in Latin, it would make sense that the mystics would use the word as a maximal rank... like in fascist regimes they used "führer", "duce" or "caudillo".

Yeah, that makes sense.