Author Topic: Who are the Radical Dreamers?  (Read 2159 times)

Beach Bum

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Who are the Radical Dreamers?
« on: April 10, 2012, 01:38:54 am »
The Radical Dreamers in Chrono Cross are referenced as a well-known group of thieves on the mainland. Several characters reference to the group and Lynx references directly to Kid as a member of the group.

So, if Kid ran around on the mainland stealing stuff here and there, I can understand how that rumor may have gotten around. What I don't get is why Kid herself refers to the Radical Dreamers as if it were an actual group.

Who are the Radical Dreamers? How many members are there? As far as I know it's just Kid, but she seems to think herself that it's an actual group. Or she may be referring to herself as the "Radical Dreamers", which is quite... Strange. If she really does refer to herself as the Radical Dreamers while knowing she's the only member, it sounds to me like she has some issues...

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: Who are the Radical Dreamers?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 01:48:20 am »
I like to think of it like Oliver Twist, and the gang of street urchins. That's putting Kid in Oliver's shoes to an extent, and this is only the Chrono Cross version I'm talking about. Maybe the Radical Dreamers is a gang of orphans left over from Lucca's housefire? :(

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 01:59:51 am »
Considering Kid said she had been always alone, I assume the group contains only 1 member.  :cry:

I don't feel it strange, you know, it could be just a strategy to fool the Porren government.

X4220

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 08:04:36 am »
Yeah, I also never believed in existence of that group.That was just a rumor surrounding Kid's ''activities'' :twisted: or story made by her to cover some trails...

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 06:11:58 am »
You can't believe anything Kid says.  Her memory is unreliable at the best of times.  Most of the time she's just plain broken, a combination of trauma from the orphanage fire and memory erasure caused by her time-rewind pendant.

Satoh

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 05:10:36 pm »
Kid is a skilled thief... at least we are led to believe she is, with nearly all the dialog in the game about her, though we never really get to confirm this...

My theory is this:
Lucca's orphanage burns down;
Kid is rescued, but then abandoned (unavoidably so);
Kid falls in with a group of thieves in order to survive;
Kid never feels at home with them... She is still "alone";
She leaves when the group refuses to help her go after an extremely high risk treasure of questionable existence and tenuous value to begin with. They also don't give a crap about her quest for vengeance one bit;
Kid leaves the mainland for El Nido;
Knowing she can't infiltrate a military stronghold like a general's manor alone (though never admitting it so easily) she looks for companions, and finds Serge;
Saving Serge from Karsh is partly due to her good (haha) nature, and partly to strong arm him into helping her;

That's the story as it stands.

Because it's difficult to organize large groups of people, especially when they are of questionable morals (thieves...) I doubt the Radical Dreamers is larger than a few... we'll say 10 members at most.

Kid may or may not have taken over the group at some point, and may or may not have been the one to name it. (She did name the Magical Dreamers however, either based on the name of the group she was in, or based on the name she gave the group, is unknowable.)

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 03:36:45 pm »
*How old kid are?*
6-10 members?

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 11:20:38 pm »
It's another nonsensical throw-back to Radical Dreamers that they put in the game when Guile was gonna be Magil, and they just left it in as an easter egg.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 01:02:53 am »
Don't blame Schala. Magus just had too much alcohol and got Amnesia.
False.