Author Topic: The Springtime of Youth Has Come  (Read 6910 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
The Springtime of Youth Has Come
« on: March 29, 2012, 11:57:51 pm »
Welcome to the spring springtime of youth update! Two exciting things to start.  [1]  GlitterBerri finished up the V-Jump character sketch pages! Check it out here.  [2]  Kodokami uncovered the Famitsu report that Yasunori Mitsuda is working on three projects right now, one of which is helmed by a "great creator", and the other of which is totally secret. We can only hope it's...well, then again:

Analysis review anew! [COMMON QUESTIONS]  [ Frozen Flame (Who originated the legends of it in El Nido?) - Spirits (Do people in the series possess souls?) - Lavos (Why did Lavos decimate 1999 A.D.?) ]  [THEORIES]  [ Lavos (How do Lavos spawns reach escape velocity?) - Time Devourer (Was it Lavos's ultimate goal? READ THIS ONE, awesome new theory herein) - Harle (Did she really merge with the Time Devourer? What is the nature of her existence?) - Dragon Tear (What is its origin and original purpose?) - Dragon Tear (How were the Tears of Love and Hate formed?) - Regiorra (Where Is It?) - Vera (Who is she?) - Ghost Children (Who or what are they?) ]

[FAN CREATIONS]  Xavier Jasso and Rick Mullins have created a truly incredible wallpaper for a dualscreen setup! Check out Eternal Flight!  [2]  katethegreat's made a sweet new Chrono Trigger performance; check it out here!  [3]  mysticalpha's output some more CT webcomic goodness! [ 51 Nightmare Moon Strike - 52 Magic Fun - 53 Rough Reentry - 54 Smashy & Shiny - 55 Comforts of Home - 56 To the Knee - 57 Heroes - 58 Mountains Are Nice - Crono Profile - Crono Profile 2 - Chrono Christmas 2011 Sketch - Chrono Christmas 2011 - Halloween 2011 - Royal Voice ]  [4]  Freki has started a project to recreate the Chrono Trigger Engine in another format! The project's located here, although it might be dormant at this point.  [5]  Lance kicked off an attempt to think of modern-day achievements for the Chrono games; join in here!

[SERIES STUFF]  neologix's made another awesome Chrono Trigger font you can use: Trigger Mono! Trigger and Trigger Bold have also been updated to include the Extended Latin A-Character set; grab them here and here!  [2]  A new Italian Chrono series site has launched! Check it out at Time Gate!  [3]  Thanks to Thomas McGee, we were finally, finally able to find an image of the 1995 display poster for Chrono Trigger that CuteLucca once had on her site. Check it out here.  [4]  In case you haven't checked it out lately, the Doujinshi page has mushroomed thanks to the valiant efforts of Guru Angerona!  [5]  vivify93 attempted a playthrough of Chrono Cross with the least number of characters; see the results here!  [6]  Vykan12's analyzed all the Chrono Trigger techs in terms of damage, with some surprising findings; check out the thread here.

[FAN ART]  First up is Guru Angerona, with a collection of her old Chrono Trigger pieces from the 90s! Check it out here.  [2]  Next up, Straafe's been honing his Robo model! Check out the amazing progress here!  [3]  Aaand next up is fantasyanime_guy with The Wrath of Pepper Spray Cop Continues!  [4]  ZealKnight contributed next with the awesome Turnip as a Samurai!  [5]  And then we have Ema, who made a cool new Magus piece here and a sweet Tata homage here.  [6]  Now for some Chrono Cross flavor! Tushantin's made the sweet Grinches Who Stole Christmas piece, reuniting Cross's favorite evil pair! But wait, tushantin's not done yet; here's Schala - The Paladin!  [7]  Blackbird's been working on a cool Schala piece; check out the progress! [ One] - Two - Three ]  [8]  Last but not least is Kodokami, with this Cape Howl rendition here!  [9]  But wait, there's more! Xavier Jasso sent in three pieces: [ Norstein Bekkler (colored) - Norstein Bekkler (outline) - Crono Unleashes Luminaire ]  [FAN FICTION]  First up is vivify93, with an awesome short piece entitled...well, there is no title! Check it out here. Also check out vivify93's original English lyrics to "Radical Dreamers" from the Chrono Cross OST here!  [2]  Next we've got awesome fan artist grey_the_angel with Sleeping Kid.

[REMIXES]  [ 'By the Old Mill' by Harjawaldar ][ 'Ebbed Tides and Webbed Feet' by Doc Nano, Evory ][ 'Feel the Wrath of my Anthropomorphic Nutsack' by OmigaDrive, Rajdeep ][ 'Frog's Theme' by GneatGeek ][ 'Glenn' by Squint ][ 'Lavos' by DJMykah ][ 'Lost in Time' by urdailywater ][ 'Lucid States' by DragonAvenger, ambient ][ 'Reminiscence of Billy Boy' by DocFuture ][ 'Zeal Feels Good' by Gario ][ 'Corridors of Time' by Prognos ] [hidden]Going away for a while. I created the "Director" rank since I'll absent, and made Kodokami Director, although I guess it's really just a symbolic title. But it's kind of like being a chief representative of the Compendium and the Chrono series. Kodokami, if you'd rather someone else have it, ask Faust to pick someone.

Do the impossible and see the invisible. The time for newer enterprises has come, and I'm so burned out on the Chrono series, it's as if my passion for it is less than zero. It needs to recover. In the meanwhile, just try, anyone, for fuck's sake, to get Material Requiring Translation done.[/hidden]

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Re: The Springtime of Youth Has Come
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 10:26:43 am »
Whoa, Director? Yes, I'll take it, of course! I won't let you down.
:franky

hiddensquire

• Guardian (+100)
  • Seeker of wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 02:07:51 pm »
Best wishes, Zeality.  Thanks for all you do.  I know you'll continue passionately pursuing your dreams; that's what's really important.

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 04:38:44 pm »
the banner image has me laffing so hard.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 10:21:49 pm »
For those of you who are using Arch Linux like me, I've made AUR packages of the 3 CT fonts. Grab them below or install them with an AUR helper tool (I recommend yaourt):

Code: [Select]
yaourt -S ttf-trigger ttf-trigger-bold ttf-trigger-mono --aurttf-trigger: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58483
ttf-trigger-bold: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58482
ttf-trigger-mono: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58481