Author Topic: [5000] Place all Chrono Cross lines in the script accurately  (Read 1688 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
[5000] Place all Chrono Cross lines in the script accurately
« on: March 29, 2012, 11:45:58 pm »
Once Cross event editing/viewing becomes available, this should be very easy.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 02:01:57 pm by ZeaLitY »

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
Re: [?] Place all Chrono Cross lines in the script accurately
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 11:23:23 am »
We already have a location-by-location event disassembly with the script interpolated in, including all the NPC lines: yaz0r did it a long time ago. Roughly 50% of the fieldscript codes used for building events aren't currently understood, which makes following the branching difficult, but it should be possible, with some work, to link all lines to a location, and most of them to a speaker.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: [?] Place all Chrono Cross lines in the script accurately
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 11:06:52 pm »
I've been working a bit on trying to explain how to read conditions in yaz0r's disassemblies.
But for now, I have some worries. I'll admit I'm not a "true" Chrono Cross player. I don't have much personal experience about things like which character combinations are possible at certain parts of the game or how players naturally experience the events of Chrono Cross.
However, after reading the event disassemblies and running tests, the event scripts in Arni seem a lot buggier than I would expect.
I doubt other people will get different results, since my results seem to match up with the event flow in yaz0r's work, but it's good to be sure.
  • Talk to the old woman and man in Home's chief's meadow after the Temporal Vortex but before being told to met Norris at Viper Manor.
    Result: At first they give appropriate reponses, though the old woman prematurely talks about Gonji serving as chief. Then after being told to meet Norris, their dialogue snaps back to their earlier dialogue.
  • Show the Shark Tooth to the sawfish fisherman as Lynx and after getting Serge's body back.
    Result: The responses are flippped. He uses the line for Serge to respond to Lynx, and the line for Lynx to respond to the restored Serge.
  • Talk to Gonji as Lynx after, among other possible things, failing the Marbule Concert or hatching Draggy.
    Result: He mistakenly uses a line meant for Serge.

I only really noticed these errors when I focused in on Home Arni. And I think I already felt frustrated by how some of Arni's scripts were arranged compared to other areas I had looked at. Hopefully, glaring event errors like these are rare in the rest of the game and the rest of the accessible text will match up with what you'd expect.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:09:29 pm by Vehek »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: [5000] Place all Chrono Cross lines in the script accurately
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 10:56:27 pm »
If it helps anyone on this, yaz0r gave me his original dumped fieldscripts:

http://chronofan.com/Black/Other/ccScript.rar

kolt54321

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 11:20:34 pm »
If it helps anyone on this, yaz0r gave me his original dumped fieldscripts:

http://chronofan.com/Black/Other/ccScript.rar

Many thanks for this. I still need to learn how to read these sort of files (pointers and all, need to learn from scratch) but this seems really helpful.

Beswai

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • sbobet ca
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 12:54:28 am »
I would like to help in providing you with useful information if needed.