Author Topic: Chrono Cross crashes after the Opassa Beach segment  (Read 760 times)

Beach Bum

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Chrono Cross crashes after the Opassa Beach segment
« on: March 28, 2012, 08:07:25 am »
Hello,

I just got an american PS2 so I can play Chrono Cross. However, the game crashes when I leave Opassa Beach after crossing the dimensions for the first time. The screen just goes black when I try to leave and it stops working.

The opening cinematic also crashes in the scene with the journal, forcing me to skip it.

The CD does have some scratches on it, but I didn't think it was so bad. Could there be any other reason Chrono Cross is not working right?

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Cross crashes after the Opassa Beach segment
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 10:15:32 am »
Unfortunately ps1 games are easily damaged but a disc repair can do wonders sometimes.

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Cross crashes after the Opassa Beach segment
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 06:27:35 pm »
Although it sounds silly this used to happen to one of my copies, (I had the original and then the greatest hits one which I now play on my PS3) and I used to put disc 2 in before I left Opassa ...wait for it to make some loading noises then run out of the screen, then you swap to disc 1 and it usually works, its just disc 2 ...sorta kick starts the data (as all of the areas can be visited in both discs) I hope this works for you !