Author Topic: It has been a long time, but I come bearing gifts  (Read 1320 times)

but2002

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Death Omen.
    • View Profile
It has been a long time, but I come bearing gifts
« on: March 23, 2012, 11:15:16 pm »
I saw this on reddit, and it reminded me of this place.  I figure some of you would like to see it. :)

http://i.imgur.com/oEINI.png

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: It has been a long time, but I come bearing gifts
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 01:16:04 am »
I am down with this.

hiddensquire

• Guardian (+100)
  • Seeker of wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 03:31:50 am »
Yeah, above post pretty much says it all.  The amount of secret you have to be to pull off this thing is near to word-of-mouth only.  No open calls for help with anything.  Hope you already have connections with game designers.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 03:12:55 pm »
Now this is interesting. Keep it secret, keep it safe.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 05:31:41 pm »
*claps hands*

Good luck to those guys! I am so hoping this makes it to completion!  :)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 03:09:26 am »
Approach with cautious optimism. Of course I'd be happy if this is real, but with no evidence that any work has been done at all, that's a big if.

That mockup title screen is a combination of existing official art (the epoch background), what looks like the pendulum from Chrono Resurrection (I could be wrong), and a poorly photoshopped Chrono logo.
The logo has a thick "stroke" outline effect on Trigger, default "outer glow" on both selected words but not on the original CT logo underneath (notice the clock parts on the "C" don't glow), a default "emboss" effect on the new letters, and an unrefined selection tool was used to color over top of the letters, which is evident by the bad pixellation in the curved letters, most obviously the C and O. The placement of the "Registered" symbol and the letters "HD" are awkward from a design standpoint, and everything is slightly off-center favoring the left, but not off-center enough to look deliberate.
As I said, the rest looks like it's composed of existing materials.

In short, it looks fake. I hope it's not. I hope it's a labor of love from some computer-savvy hobbyists who love chrono but don't know much about graphic design, but with this as the only evidence of such a game existing, even at a pre-production level, it's not very convincing. Especially with the bold claim about C&Ds. Be careful with that kinda talk! One thing's for sure though, the best hope any of us fans have is that it's at least claiming to be fan-made and not legit from SE. If it were claiming to be official, we'd know for sure it's fake.

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 07:35:51 pm »
Enjoy every bit of developing the HD version and don't let any backstabbers in your team. If someone suddenly gets fired or quits for unexpected reasons, be an eyeful.

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 12:06:00 am »
I don't know if this project is real or not, but if it is, will it have anything other than HD graphics and remixed music?  If the answer to that question is no, it's pretty hard for me to get excited about this.  If these guys are going through the trouble of staying in the shadows anyway, why not just go all in and try and improve every aspect of the game?  Make us faint from more than just nostalgia?  Of course, this would require a lot of expertise that these guys probably don't have, assuming they have no previous ties to the game-development world.  I don't want to discourage them, I'm just saying...
 :(

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 06:30:16 pm »
Lol the creators or who ever even posting about this, makes it already out of the bag ...news travels fast :D