Author Topic: Schala and Lavos  (Read 11399 times)

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2005, 08:21:53 am »
Here's the quote...

Quote from: A cute australian girl

C'mon Serge, me mate!
   You don't wanna keep the
   girl waiting any longer...
   She's been waitin' for you,
   and only you!
   And for over ten thousand
   years, I might add!
[/quote]

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2005, 08:59:50 am »
I was more exajurating because I'm to lazy to make a mathematical theorm about how time would pass there compared to the outer world.

In a sence, It may be 13000 years. Schala may age that much if she came out of the DBT, well her mental age would be that much, but not physical. But the DBT probably keeps everything as it is in there, so nothing ages or changes without the people in there doing something. It may be even more confusing. Because for instance, if Zeal came out of the DBT and into the Chrono World again, then it's age may be 13,000+ from what it was. So everything may be basically dust. Or maybe not. We gota figure out how the time in there works Oo

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2005, 09:06:08 am »
The Dead Sea has a similar effect, and due to the fact the only part there that is straight out of 2300 A.D. is the Highway Ruins, I do not support the theory stated in the "Salt for the Dead Sea" article, that FATE froze it. She could hardly bind Miguel to the Dead Sea, freezing the entire area just dosen't seem to possible according to the fact she's in a different dimension. So I say the Dead Sea is a piece of the Tesseract. If so, the same rules there apply in the Tesseract. Things that no longer exist stop to age, because there is no point in aging, since you don't exist. When you die you become part of the eco-system, and if you don't exist you don't have to die. Plus the fact your body hardly functions in there. You see, hear, smell and feel nothing. Thus the body's system can't get hold, as they're not old.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2005, 03:35:34 pm »
If it was only 4 minutes for Schala, then her hair would probably still have the blue dye in it, and her clothes would still be at least SOMEWHAT resembling what she wore before.  But the dye is gone, the clothes are ratty and worn out...  She's been there awhile.

EDIT: WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH YOUR SIG, LEGEND?! >_<

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2005, 03:38:51 pm »
Or maybe merging with Kid and/or the power of the Tesseract changed her hair color. Like that one albino princess (forgot her name) from Baten Kaitos.

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2005, 08:22:48 pm »
hummm i have to get that game :D does it really resemble, somehow, CT&CC? (don't spoil it, please  :lol: )

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2005, 09:41:17 pm »
Quote from: Jake-A-Roonie
If it was only 4 minutes for Schala, then her hair would probably still have the blue dye in it

Not necarrily, the hair dye may have been drained immediately when Lavos harrased her.

Capo

Schala and Lavos
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2005, 10:17:22 pm »
Is the dye thing even true? To me, it just sounds like a stupid excuse to explain why in Chrono Cross they made her have blond hair so you couldn't guess. Next thing they're gonna say is Serge had hair dye too? Plenty of other characters had permanent colored hair in that world.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2005, 10:31:08 pm »
I can't recall where that comes from, but it's said that the people of Zeal dyed their hair blue to show their superiority to the Earthbound Ones.

Daniel Krispin

Schala and Lavos
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2005, 10:53:25 pm »
I think it stems from a certain version of the translation, so it is offical, after a fashion, but not taken as being truth by some. Personally, that's what I hold to: I hold all the strange hair colours to be dyed, for that matter. Crono, Lucca, Glenn... dyes have existed for thousands of years, after all.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2005, 02:30:29 am »
Where did the Zealians get their dye from? It can be understood that in the later years, a more modern time, they could get hair dye, but what about a civilization that lived 13000 years before the present?

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2005, 02:57:40 am »
As Dark Gizmo said earlier in another thread, Some moron that no one would believe him about his Lavos theory posted that Schala dyed. This is absalut bull shit. This makes contradicts everything that Schala stands for, and for how she would lose it. Schala would not lose her hair colour if it was dyed. She would have to have regrown hair and cut it, or redyed it. Hair dye stains the hair to that colour forever, unless washed.

Now. Schala was a person who hated discrimenation. She would never have dyed her hair to compare herself to the Earthbound ones. It stood against her principles.

Secondly, Game evidence suggests otherwise. We already know Lavos can drain life and DNA. So it should be quite obvious that Lavos most likely drained Schala's life and certain DNA pigments from Schala, there by losing her Blue hair colour and eye colour. I did a part on human biology last term so I'm quite fresh on this issue.

3rdly. Lucca and her mother have pinkish hair. The people in 600 AD who are most likely Lucca's ancestors (the bell maker's wife) also had a weird hair colour, close to pink.

Now, Alot of characters in the game have weird colours, even in Arni. There is nothing to disprove that the hair is natural. And you can't disprove this because there is no evidance of dying. No one ever talks about their hair. And with no game evidance to support hair dying, this rumour is false.

Besides, most people overlook another major aspect on how Zealians dyed their hair, if they did. Only Zeal's line has blue hair... And a female in the palace.. But guess what... By looking closer at the dress, it seems the blue stems from the hat, like a wig... This can also be seen like fur on the mens jackets at the back.
And also, Zeal and her family know that they are even more higher than the Englightened ones and Earthbound ones. If they dyed their hair 1) they would not permit other Earthbound ones to dye them either and 2) Schala wouldn't want to be different.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2005, 03:02:44 am »
So basically, Schala was just unlucky enough to have purple hair normally. Or the whole Zeal Royal Family is like that and every1 wants to copy them.

And yes, Im with you on the fact that the bell-maker in 600 AD are Lucca's ancestors, i always thought so. He even says something about wanting a smart family or something.

And of course, no matter what, if it was hair dye or not, Schala's hair colour would have been drained, either because of the pigment or that Lavos just sucked much life from her.

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2005, 03:20:53 am »
Well, nowadays dyes are permanent, because are non-organical. The hair dyes in the past were organical, and they worn off.
Furthermore, it is perfectly possible that it was some kind of magical makeup... why isolating a chemical compound when you can charm your hair to look like a certain color?.

Also, i don't really share that point of view that Schala wouldn't dye her hair due to her beliefs. You are assuming that hair dye is to set oneself out... i hardly see it that way. I would dye my hair if i liked my hair better to be in other color i liked.
Instead, if it was a royal dye-makeup for the royal family (Schala's, Janus' and Zeal's skins are also purplish), it wouldn't be any different  than wearing the royal clothing she wears. Or will you say that her clothing doesn't stand her out from the Earthbound Ones?
Fruthermore, if Schala couldn't even oppose her mother about the use of the Mammon Machine, where her convictions were so strong... how could she oppose to her mother making her wearing a royal make up?

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2005, 03:22:51 am »
im guessing Schala couldn't overthrow her mother is because she is her mother! Remember what she said before she teleported the part out? She said something abour not hating mother and the kingdom.